Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
17.5 class. Rb6 or b4.2? >

17.5 class. Rb6 or b4.2?

17.5 class. Rb6 or b4.2?

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Here's a price comparison between the RB6 and the B4.1WC (which was the current kit at the time of the Rb6's release):

Rb6 - $450

TOTAL: $450

VS

AE B4.1 WC - $250
AE Big Bores - $100
Alum. Wheel Hexes - $17
Alum. Steering rack - $20

TOTAL - $367

Your talking a $83 price difference between the two.

However, I would say the b4.2 is a good value, It's $279 pre-order price tag at Amain is pretty good since you now get all the hopups.

B4.2 PREORDER

edit: Glad to see OP made up their mind. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Let me know when Kyosho has won the Worlds 5 times in a row and still undefeated. When that happens you can argue the RB6 is better. Until then, clearly the B4.2 is the way to go all day everyday with a price tag cheap enough to buy any upgrade you can think of (the b4.2 has everything you would want anyways) and STILL be way under the cost of a RB6!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
Here's a price comparison between the RB6 and the B4.1WC (which was the current kit at the time of the Rb6's release):

Rb6 - $450

TOTAL: $450

VS

AE B4.1 WC - $250
AE Big Bores - $100
Alum. Wheel Hexes - $17
Alum. Steering rack - $20

TOTAL - $367

Your talking a $83 price difference between the two.

However, I would say the b4.2 is a good value, It's $279 pre-order price tag at Amain is pretty good since you now get all the hopups.

B4.2 PREORDER

edit: Glad to see OP made up their mind. Good luck!

Why would you buy a B4.1 WC and upgrade those parts unless you already had one like me? If you don't have a car to start with you would have be an idiot to go buy a B4.1 if you had the intentions of buying all the upgrades that are included in the B4.2...
Old 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowman_evil View Post
Let me know when Kyosho has won the Worlds 5 times in a row and still undefeated. When that happens you can argue the RB6 is better. Until then, clearly the B4.2 is the way to go all day everyday with a price tag cheap enough to buy any upgrade you can think of (the b4.2 has everything you would want anyways) and STILL be way under the cost of a RB6!
And if Associated did not win the worlds, did that change the fact that the vehicle is good in your common hands?

Reminds me of the RC10GT argument, loads of wins, but in the hands of locals you darn near couldn't find one as everyone went losi. By the time the GT2 came out gas truck was dead at the track, but, more so as no one liked running an effective spec class ...

To me at least, I put a lot of value in how the vehicle handles in the common joes hands. Owning two sc10 4x4s at during my time, definitely helped reinforce that idea.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

This is why I love the internet. You keep on driving the honda civic of R/C! Sounds like it suits you, just fine!

Here's a fact: Wins do not directly correlate to quality of parts. But hey, if you like mediocrity. Oh, and Tamiya still owns you in Touring Car world titles. Just sayin'
Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Why would you buy a B4.1 WC and upgrade those parts unless you already had one like me? If you don't have a car to start with you would have be an idiot to go buy a B4.1 if you had the intentions of buying all the upgrades that are included in the B4.2...
If you care to read a little closer, I said: "At the time the RB6 was released".

And I also said that I thought the new kit was a good value.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

something else on the previous price estimate, you probably woudl sell the stuff you replaced as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The Yankees don't win the world series more often then any other baseball team because they have better bats and better stitched uniforms. AE wins because they recruit the best drivers, period. It isn't the car.

If cav switched to Kyosho, you would have the #1 and #2 slots filled by K drivers at every big event. It doesn't change the quality or drive style of either car. It's all driver.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

The opening poster made his choice. I think we can kill this thread for now because all it will most likely do now is raise your blood pressure and keyboard courage from here on out.

Enjoy your car and your opinion's and have fun racing whatever you decide to race because it is your choice and nobody forced you into buying something that you didn't want.