Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Cant keep the front end down >

Cant keep the front end down

Cant keep the front end down

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Cant keep the front end down

1/10 17.5 stadium truck. Its an old RPM chassis RC10T that I just put back together. The truck handled good last weekend at the novak race in omaha. Only issue is that it jumps very nose high, all the time. I don't have problems with wheelies but I have to let off the throttle half way up the ramp or it will point straight up. Shocks are 30 #2 front, 30 #1 rear. Started with silver fronts, green rears, currently green fronts, gray rear. Shorty pack all the way front. One of the guys there said to either add front weight or stiffen up the rear. Currently there is 1.25 oz of lead on the front shock tower along with going from the green rears to gray. Any other ideas? Thanks

Nick

Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

gotta give you a lot of credit for running a valuable vintage vehicle
mines still new in the bag
sorry but I was an XXT at the time, what your'e describing is common on the 10T.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Have you experimented with different ways to hit the jump? Sometimes I found issues like that to be caused by how I was driving and I needed to adjust how I drove
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I figured if I had it I might as well run it. Its not mint but its in decent shape. Plus, its RPM. You know its tough. The only area I was worried about was the rear arm mounts and the rear chassis where they mount. I have several sets of rear mounts thanks to ebay. For the rear chassis I made a plate from .080 6061 that mounts under the rear arm mounts and the rear bulkhead. That should protect the rear chassis from ripping out.

Why is this normal on the old trucks? What is different? The rearweight is not that high. I think it was only about 62% before i added the lead to the front end

Nick