R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default new xxx-t

I just purchased a xxx-t rtr for fun and light racing while I'm in Iraq for the next year. There are six of us that ordered trucks. We have 2 xxx-t, 2 rc10t4, and one other brand (unknown at this time). I purchased a Trinity 15x2 and a gear set of hopups. What are some other hopups I could look for that would be useful for the light racing? What are going to be the best batteries for the available motors? I heard that the battery and motor connectors may melt due to the amp draw and subsequent heat created. Am I in danger of melting connecting wires and being left with an inoperable truck for 3 wks? I will have the opportunity to purchase additional parts during leave- what are some suggestions. Thanks for the help in advance.
scottmattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

hey soldier IMO as long as you have some gears and other misc breakables like front arms and tires, you should be ok, it dosen't really seem worth it to put a bunch of $ into an rtr, as much as you would spend is alot more than a new factory truck, they are bulit to be tough. Probably best to try to lighten it up a bit and make it more efficient than the other guys by getting rid of the battery and motor connectors and trimming down the wires to be as short as possible without going too short and running some 3300 batteries and make sure you take care of them the right way from the start. And maybe a little pack of aluminum screws and nylon nuts in light stress areas, all of those little grams add up and slow ya down
iron chef is offline   Reply With Quote