Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+1 mugen
Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I really like my Serpent. I switched for the AE and feel the Serpent is all around better. Its cornering is smoother and it jumps/lands better. I am also running the box stock setup. I have raced on a few different tracks and never felt the need to change the set up. The Serpent is agreesive though. It takes time to learn to drive.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I haven't owned a serpent, but i do own a tekno sct410, and i've seen an eb48 in person. To me, serpent is just like kyosho and xray, really nice quality, expensive, and no parts support (in my area at least). The serpent may be balanced well, but side by side setups are just in general more unbalanced.
Exactly your basing your comments on others.. The serpent is a true E build it was designed from ground as the Tekno its a well balanced vehicle.. even better you don't even have a Tekno buggy, classic.. Spend the money as I and others then comments on your experiences that way you give real world experiences rather then experience from a far.. I'm not bagging on you but giving wrong information causes a poor reflection with wasted time and money..
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

I run a Team C T8E, which runs saddle packs, like the Serpent. I have no trouble with the balance of the car.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by moxford
I run a Team C T8E, which runs saddle packs, like the Serpent. I have no trouble with the balance of the car.
I saw this car racing and it looks great on a track. A friend of mine who drives since quite a long time is very pleased with this car. It's cheap, I don't know about the wear of the parts but it handles very good.

IMO the first thing to look at in 1/8 is the quality of the parts. In this area Mugen, Xray, Serpent, Sworks are ahead.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

That's right serpent has came out with two version sports and pro version and the parts are so cheap and the buggy truggy are build like tanks
Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

the serpent does not need any parts, its very durable. My only issue with it was its is very aggressive. And one setup didnt work well from track to track
I really like my Serpent. I switched for the AE and feel the Serpent is all around better. Its cornering is smoother and it jumps/lands better. I am also running the box stock setup. I have raced on a few different tracks and never felt the need to change the set up. The Serpent is agreesive though. It takes time to learn to drive.
Stock setup is a bit aggressive, to a point of 1/10 scale feel. What I mean is it's very right there with inputs, you want to turn-it turns. With a few small setup changes and this thing becomes what you want it to be. Changes in setup work very well and you can feel every change, good or bad, which really help for learning setups. Add the 2.0 kit to it and I'd say you'd be really set. Parts are a bit more $ but once you run the kit and see how long things last you'll be ok with the bit of extra coin. This is something that holds true if you've ever run a rc that had bad parts wear. It's depressing and aggravating all at the same time. And if you did the math, in the end with all replacement/upgraded parts bought you'd be surprised that the cost might actually be the same in the end.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Exactly your basing your comments on others.. The serpent is a true E build it was designed from ground as the Tekno its a well balanced vehicle.. even better you don't even have a Tekno buggy, classic.. Spend the money as I and others then comments on your experiences that way you give real world experiences rather then experience from a far.. I'm not bagging on you but giving wrong information causes a poor reflection with wasted time and money..
I own the tekno shortcourse, which is exactly the same as the buggy, minus arms and driveshafts, and a few other small things. I've seen an eb48 in person as well. The serpent may be very well balanced, i'm just saying that IN GENERAL side by side setups are more unbalanced.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

And I call bs once again once you have driven both cars then you can comment on it if you haven't don't comment on it I've got a tekno sct too sct are different then a buggy mate go test more and get your facts right before you comment on both
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I own the tekno shortcourse, which is exactly the same as the buggy, minus arms and driveshafts, and a few other small things. I've seen an eb48 in person as well. The serpent may be very well balanced, i'm just saying that IN GENERAL side by side setups are more unbalanced.
FALSE and stop repeating what others say who have much invested in what they say.
Dude, your making yourself look bad... not to mention your credibility.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My 2 cents are i have a new serpent and a new mugen..... serpent is superior and if anyone wants to call bs on that i will gladly trade this mugen for another serpent, id even throw a couple of those enormous brick sized batteries in with it lol
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I saw this car racing and it looks great on a track. A friend of mine who drives since quite a long time is very pleased with this car. It's cheap, I don't know about the wear of the parts but it handles very good.
The wear on my Team C car has been very good over the 6 months I've raced mine and the setup out of the box works well.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
My 2 cents are i have a new serpent and a new mugen..... serpent is superior and if anyone wants to call bs on that i will gladly trade this mugen for another serpent, id even throw a couple of those enormous brick sized batteries in with it lol
if i had a serpent, i would GLADLY trade you for mugen
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Find one and its yours
Old 02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
rcq
Tech Adept

Serpent was my first e-buggy and I am very happy for it. for thirst race was a little difficult to drive but when I find good setup for ours track I can recomend this model and for others drives and can say it will be very good decition. I have one guy which switched from mugen to serpent and he says he newer drive so fast. By the way on second race with serpent he finished second like I remember with mugen he newer was on podium. Durability of serpent is realy very good, good on corners, good jumping. I always finished my finals with this car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.