R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Cool Old Skool RC10

Hey all. I thought it would be cool to have a thread for pre-B2 RC10s. Ill start:

So I decided to go through my closet and dig out the old RC stuff that I had from when I was a kid. I have 2 kits, both circa ’87 or ’88. One is a Clodbuster, which I love, and the other is a first edition RC10. Both are in pretty good condition considering that they were bashed by a kid for several years. The RC10, actually, is looking pretty good. So, I decided to rebuild it first. Granted, its not shelf-queen condition. It has several scratches in the pan and has seen its fair share of hits. So, I think Im going to make it into a vintage racer. Ive managed to source most of the parts I need, but Im looking for a couple more and was hoping some folks might be able to help. First, is the question regarding wheels and tires. I was looking at the Associated website and it looks like wheels that fit the B4 should also fit the old RC10. Is this correct? On the other hand, I DO still have the original 3 piece wheels. They are not in pristine condition, so I wouldn’t worry about using them. Are there tires out there that will fit these? Also, I have seen that Vans Invent makes replacement bodies for the RC10, but they do not have the original style. Does anyone have a source where I can get an original style body? If they are too rare/no one makes one, Im not going to worry about it. Just thought it would be cool to have the old school body and wheels on this thing.

Oh, one last thing, does anyone remember how to set one of these cars up? Thanks!

Jive
Jiveslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

If i remember correctly, the old RC10 wheel axles are conical which the B2 and forward isn't. I have a RC10 Team Car (should be the same as original RC10 but the 'Stealth' transmission) and had some problems getting the right wheels when i were racing it some years ago..
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cmain

body is still available at tower

original
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2697&P=7

or my favorite the viper
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2708&P=7

wheels
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2445&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2898&P=7

these wheels fit 2.0 tires so it may be hard to find a good set of tires. it would be wise to change the rear axes to the newer 1\4 inch style I beleive the b2 axes are a direct fit.

the setup I liked most was with the long shocks (rears on a jammin tower)up front but it is nearly impossible to find a jammin shock tower now.

great car still fun to drive!
cmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Smile

I have 2 RC10's the old graphit chassis job which i converted with a stealth gbox and an RC10 team car with the black chassis. they rock and i still love driving them after well more then 10 years of use i just have never been able to part with either of them.

we should all post pics of our cars i will start when i get home from work

KIMCOM RACING Driver #1
RC8B : REEDY 121 : Nitro-X fuel : Spektrum Radios
gkp5569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 AM   #5
Tech Addict

B3 wheels for the "b3 basic" they are the same fitment..
I got some last year for my graphite rc10.
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Tech Initiate

Cool, thanks Oople and CMain. Here is another question. If I get the Associated long front suspension arms, do I need to get the long shocks and shock tower? Id like to just use the short ones with the long arms if possible.

I think taking pics of these things is a good idea. As soon as I get my together Ill take some shots and post them.
Jiveslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cmain

you can use the short shocks and tower with no problems.
cmain is offline   Reply With Quote