Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
E-revo 1/8 brushless truggy for racing? >

E-revo 1/8 brushless truggy for racing?

E-revo 1/8 brushless truggy for racing?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default E-revo 1/8 brushless truggy for racing?

I've overlooked this truck many times as a monster truck basher but after taking a second look, this thing actually looks nice. I love the chassis design. batteries lay in the belly and the shocks setup remind me of the ttech predator. just a very cool balanced chassis. Could this truggy be a competent racer with the right hopups and setup? How tunable is it out of the box? or would under steer remain persistent problem? and is there a buggy conversion available?

The kid in me just loves this thing!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 PM
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jumps like poo and no where near durable enough for racing. Dont waste your time.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narkronomus View Post
I've overlooked this truck many times as a monster truck basher but after taking a second look, this thing actually looks nice. I love the chassis design. batteries lay in the belly and the shocks setup remind me of the ttech predator. just a very cool balanced chassis. Could this truggy be a competent racer with the right hopups and setup? How tunable is it out of the box? or would under steer remain persistent problem? and is there a buggy conversion available?

The kid in me just loves this thing!
It's a fun MT indeed.. stay away from racing with it. Truggy's are faster and way more durable. If you raced once or twice a year and bashed the rest no biggy but seriously stay away from this for racing.

PS I raced one against truggies for years and spent plenty on hopups and spares.. so this is not from a bad place, just the truth. Have one for bashing and play, get a truggy for racing, even a used truggy will be better than a erevo.

For the other guy you can make a erevo very competative and jump just fine, raced one in the top 5 at a very competitive track for years. It's not worth doing it.. nobody was nice enough to stop me, but it is possible
Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

but but.......with the skeleton carbon chassis, the right shocks and some and some other fine tuning and this thing could be worth a look.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

i had an e-revo, wanted to race it...don't waste your time, better get a truggy
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narkronomus View Post
but but.......with the skeleton carbon chassis, the right shocks and some and some other fine tuning and this thing could be worth a look.
It's your decision. These things dominate the monster truck class here. But no one runs one in the truggy class here. My erbe is a skatepark truck.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Who makes it again?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's not a truggy, it's a monster truck. You would spend about $700 to buy it and then who knows how much to make it somewhat race worthy. You could spend that $700 on a real truggy with much better electronics and not have to spend a penny more to make it competitive. Traxxas makes some fun stuff to bash with but there's a reason they don't have any pro drivers... Their stuff just isn't meant for racing.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by McD44 View Post
Who makes it again?
LOL

I would go for a MBX6TE or XT8E
Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

A losi 8ight-t 2.0 converted w/ either losi's conversion or better yet with tekno's conversion is also a great choice.. I think other than normal wear the only thing that I have broken on my 8t 2.0 is the rear diff gears, this is more a matter of maintaining it properly. Basically just check the shimming before race days and adjust as needed and you can go problem free. Running a slipperential or the tekno e-clutch or the tekno traktion drive is also a great idea for extending the life of your driveline on an etruggy as there is tremendous torque and it does take its toll on all of them over time.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

My story is the same as yours and eight-e's. They look so cool and seem like it wouldnt be that hard to pull it altogether. After spending too much,almost ANY used truggy will be a cheaper and better racer in the end. Yeah,i did pretty good with it,but I would definitly go the truggy route. And I liked the truck too, so its not like Im trying to talk smack.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I will echo the other guys sentiments , the EREVO is an awesome platform , kind of a jack of all trades but a master of none .

Meaning it does a lot of things very well but isnt best at anything , I have a fully raced out EREVO and its awesome but my 8ight Te will kick its butt on a track with little effort while I gotta work pretty hard to keep up with truggies running the EREVO .

Spend all the money you want , for racing the EREVO will never be better than a real truggy simply because of the way its designed .
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have one. It's fun to drive and race in a MT class. It can be ran with truggies and with the right driver it can compete. I see a get 3rd place in a big race racing with the truggies.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

just hoping he wasn't using the stock talon tires, if it's the case he needs to be sponsored