Wiki Posts
Search

E Truggy Advise

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default E Truggy Advise

I'm relatively new to this hobby and I'm pretty addicted. Currently I have a Losi SCTE, AE 44.2 and Muegen ECO. I'm not digging SCTE's that much anymore so I want to start preparing for the outdoor season.

So now I'm considering getting an E Truggy. Who makes the best roller and why? Yes I plan to race it.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

well i had alot etruggy and fair i can see and had serpent 811te truggy is the most durable and best handle truggy i had
Old 12-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Mugen MBX6T conversion -
Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Default agree

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
well i had alot etruggy and fair i can see and had serpent 811te truggy is the most durable and best handle truggy i had
I myself own this truggy and have had many many wrecks.. it is by fare the best.. not following why u don't like the SCTE? whats the issue you or the truck?..
Gotta love the SNAKE **~~~~~@
Old 12-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Mugen and serpent are great truggies. I have run both. Like Serpent as more durable and less maintenance, BUT it you already have a Mugen eco, you can share many parts if you get the truggy. As I recall the only parts that are different are the driveshafts, arms, FR & Rr diffs and shock towers. The rest is the same and you an exchange parts and keep fewer spares. You still have to keep a full set of arms with the mugen. Then again, on second thought, if you get the Serpent you will not have to have spare parts. hehe.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

my self ive got a big venom carry bag full spare and parts i havet got to uesd them yet that how good the serpent is
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

What are you guys using for conversion parts on your Serpent? Thx
Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carpet Racer69
I myself own this truggy and have had many many wrecks.. it is by fare the best.. not following why u don't like the SCTE? whats the issue you or the truck?..
Gotta love the SNAKE **~~~~~@
I just don't think they're as much fun to drive as buggies. My LHS has both indoor and outdoor tracks and I'm trying to line up two classes to race in outdoors (1/8 buggy and Truggy).
Old 12-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

well its the other way around with me i like truggys better then buggys i uesd a monster conversion on both my buggy and truggy
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've been racing my losi 8ight-t "e" for about 3 seasons and two of them I was the point leader.. great truggy. Biggest issue w/ the losi is with the rear diff, keep that sucker shimmed and check it weekly to avoid big dollars spent in replacement parts

If you are just looking to get something on the 8th scale track I have a losi 810 RTR e-buggy on the sale forum, it's SCTE based so all parts will change out with your SCTE (keep the part box smaller) and has a great setup on it.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Why not just run the SCTE outside? It will get around a track almost as well as a truggy. Unless you got a buttload of money nurning a hole in your pocket!

Trugy tires are ridiculous!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Love my Losi 8T 2.0 with its Tekno RC conversion, i use a 2250kv Tekin motor with a Rx8 and Thunder Power 4s 5300 packs and i could not be happier.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Why not just run the SCTE outside? It will get around a track almost as well as a truggy. Unless you got a buttload of money nurning a hole in your pocket!

Trugy tires are ridiculous!
Yeah, not too fond of the price of truggy. Tire wear is bad enough with nitro, imagine a volt spitting monster hooked up to the wheels.
i just didn't like truggy as it seemed to have a lazier feel to the handling, easier to drive, but you pick up a lot of sloppy habits if you only run truggy.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am looking at buying an e truggy also within the next week for my son. he has an mbx6 eco now that we love he has two 1st places with it not bad for a 12 year old. We do not have a class for e truggy around here so I don't think I want to spend all the money to do a conversion if he is just going to drive at the track just for fun. So I have been looking at the caster e truggy and the teamc e truggy they are around two hundred dollars cheaper than the conversions and I want have parts left ill never use. If they had a class here to race I would probally get the mugen if you boil the a arm they wont break. But every one here is into nitro except e buggy is pretty big. Caster has been having a major fall out on there thread and there web site has been down for about three weeks so I think im going to get the teamc they have been very helpful so far.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Yeah, not too fond of the price of truggy. Tire wear is bad enough with nitro, imagine a volt spitting monster hooked up to the wheels.
i just didn't like truggy as it seemed to have a lazier feel to the handling, easier to drive, but you pick up a lot of sloppy habits if you only run truggy.

Its not that bad really with tire wear you just have to adjust the punch control and not run Super Soft tires and a smoother throttle finger. I dont like E-BUGGYS to much for me so its Truggy and 4wd Sc.

Sensored Esc/motors really help with it.

The Truggy tires are expensive at first but in my exprience they last a good while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.