R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-10-2005, 11:32 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I too was looking at a RTR 1/8th scale buggy. I decided to just run one class so I didnt buy one, but i really liked the Jammin buggy. Its a great buggy that I think is very capable and isnt too expensive. I also like the TTR S3 but I dont think its a RTR.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I ended up ordering a RTR Sportswerks Mayhem. I almost bought the Jammin X1CR, but I couldn't find specs on hardly anything of the electronics. All I saw was specs on the suspension geometry, chassis components and motor. Man it was a hard decision, but I am going to stick with my instincts.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Hands down, The sportwerks Mayhem!...I bought one a few weaks ago and it is awesome...I have raced r/c cars for a long time with some of the worlds best drivers so I know what a good car should feel like and especially for the money the mayhem is a sweet deal!
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 429racer
Well I ended up ordering a RTR Sportswerks Mayhem. I almost bought the Jammin X1CR, but I couldn't find specs on hardly anything of the electronics. All I saw was specs on the suspension geometry, chassis components and motor. Man it was a hard decision, but I am going to stick with my instincts.
As long as it isn't the MP-7.5 Sports or the Ultra LX, you made a good decision. Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Why thanks guys. I spend most of my time in the on-road threads and I must say "off-road guys are the best". I can't wait for my buggy. The hobby store said it would be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. Anybody have anytips for this car or anything in general besides keep it straight then pull? LOL!
Old 04-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

429racer, When I bought my car I replaced the stock clutch shoes with mugen aluminum clutch shoes and mugen 1.0 springs....rebuild the diffs using mugen diff seals and that's it...I did those things to mine and it rips!!
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 429racer
Why thanks guys. I spend most of my time in the on-road threads and I must say "off-road guys are the best". I can't wait for my buggy. The hobby store said it would be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. Anybody have anytips for this car or anything in general besides keep it straight then pull? LOL!
I don't remember if the Sportswerk comes with the two or three piece clutch, but I'd upgrade it to a 3pc. if it comes with a two. You'll notice a definite improvement in throttle response for a minimal cost.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
I don't remember if the Sportswerk comes with the two or three piece clutch, but I'd upgrade it to a 3pc. if it comes with a two. You'll notice a definite improvement in throttle response for a minimal cost.
Yeah it comes with a three shoe clutch.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GReddy

i have the inferno sports and its great for bashing but if you were to race id go with the jammin
GReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey 429! I race in Omaha and am new to 1/8th as well.

I recently bought the ready to run Jammin X1 and just finished break'n the motor in. I ran on the track for the first time yesterday and I'd have to say it handled great. I changed from the stock 30wt oil and went with adam drakes X1 cr set up.

I'm used to racing 4 wheel drive electric with my BJ4 and have avoided 1/8 gas. I never felt like there was a good enough entry level car out there that would preform well enough. Especially if I hated it I didn't want to get into it too seriously.

But after buying this kit and running it I'd have to say I love it and haven't regreated a thing. Plus I think it's cheaper than the mayhem. I paid $489 before tax and I think the mayhem is $5 something.

The only thing I ditched was the crappy radio and servos!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by xlgraphicspro
Hey 429! I race in Omaha and am new to 1/8th as well.

I recently bought the ready to run Jammin X1 and just finished break'n the motor in. I ran on the track for the first time yesterday and I'd have to say it handled great. I changed from the stock 30wt oil and went with adam drakes X1 cr set up.

I'm used to racing 4 wheel drive electric with my BJ4 and have avoided 1/8 gas. I never felt like there was a good enough entry level car out there that would preform well enough. Especially if I hated it I didn't want to get into it too seriously.

But after buying this kit and running it I'd have to say I love it and haven't regreated a thing. Plus I think it's cheaper than the mayhem. I paid $489 before tax and I think the mayhem is $5 something.

The only thing I ditched was the crappy radio and servos!
Hello, I had it down to the Jammin X1CR (girlfriend picked this one) and the Mayhem (my son picked this one) and I went with the Mayhem (I regret not getting the ARR version with the motor and pipe). I ripped out the electronics in it and put my own in it. By the time I did that it was kind of a slap in the face LOL! Here in about an hour or so I am gonna start the break in process after mowing . I have raced at the Omaha HobbyPlex twice and I must say it is an awesome facility. I hope to make it there in a month to your off-road track also. Take care and hope to meet up with you guys soon.
Brian Bowers
Old 04-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

Hiya,
There seems to be a few of you saying to steer away from the inferno 7.5
Anyone care to give a reason? I've had one a couple of weeks now, and was just wondering what problems to expect that you know about.

Thanks

Graham
speed e freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #28
Tech Adept

I would not buy a RTR. Save your money and just buy a pro Buggy and then you wont have to worry about wasting money. You can get the Jammin Pro buggy for about 480.00 on Ebay brand new then you can buy a moter like a Rex P5, Jammin pipe, and get a good radio and servo's. Im not saying a rtr sucks but I dont think they are bulit to race competive. And you will throw alot of money at it casue it will break alot of parts.
Sgt_Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by speed e freak
Hiya,
There seems to be a few of you saying to steer away from the inferno 7.5
Anyone care to give a reason? I've had one a couple of weeks now, and was just wondering what problems to expect that you know about.

Thanks

Graham
Take heed that we are not saying the Inferno MP7.5 is a bad car by any means. In fact, most of the others will agree with me that the kit versions are very good, just the "red-headed stepchild" in the line-up is the RTR. The reason that I recommend people to stay away from the RTR version is because the engine that it comes with. While it is a decent engine in terms of performance, the GX-21 runs extremely hot (300-400F) and at that rate, the engine doesn't last for long. If you want a RTR that you don't have to spend another $150-$200 on, then the Ofna or Sportwerks car would be a better choice.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, I usually stay away from anything that is "RTR" But I was impressed with the jammin X1 RTR. I've had little problems with it except for this stupid plug that connects my reciever pack to my fail safe device! I'd lose power over my throttle and steering after landing a jump.

Does any one know what adjustments I should make to get it to sail smoothly in the air instead of having the rear end pitch forward?