whats the best basher? >

whats the best basher?

whats the best basher?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default whats the best basher?

Hey all,
Looking for some suggestions for a good 1/8 scale basher.
Electric Buggy or truggy style
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burlap1980
Hey all,
Looking for some suggestions for a good 1/8 scale basher.
Electric Buggy or truggy style
If you just want to bash I would say go to whatever hobby shops you have in your area and see what brands / models they have parts support for.

Put those on the top of your list.

There are some decent RTR kits out there like the ECX revenge that are a good for the money option, but likely a dead end if you want to take it to a competitive level.

Up the middle you have the more expensive but in my opinion better built HPI Trophy and Vorza stuff.

From there you get more expensive and more competative with the Losi / AE / Mugen / Serpent / Tekno / etc...

And the list can go on and on for what is good and the reason it is good.

A real problem in a sense is that there are just a lot options, so like I said take a trip to the local hobby shop and see what they carry. If you want on the day part support they will let you know what the have on hand and what they can order. That will just help you consider your best options.

Also, if you look into the option of picking up used be ready in your mind to take it apart and look it over. 1:8 scale is tough, but it has a hard life too, so you will find parts that likely need replacing do to cracks or bends and just being worn out. But there are some really good choices out there in that market, they just may not be for everybody.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey thanks man guess a trip to the LHS is in order. Totally didnt even cross my mind thanks again