R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   What E-Truggy are you running (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/683540-what-e-truggy-you-running.html)

iknow2 12-03-2012 10:59 AM

What E-Truggy are you running

sorry if there is already a thread on this

currently i have teckno losi 8t truggy and not to excited about it and ready to move away from losi so i wanted to get a taste of what everybody is running out there. so i have a better choice in mind to get:confused:

MX304 12-03-2012 11:14 AM

I currently have a Tekno converted D8T and an Associated RC8Te. The D8T handles slightly better to me, but the RC8T has been much more durable.

tc5 man 12-03-2012 11:20 AM

Well from a person who used to run a Losi Eight -t but as nitro my choice would be the RC8TCE with a conversion kit. The quality is better in the plastics and the drivetrain will hold up great for electric power ! Not to mention it comes with the important upgrades as a roller for $519 but i got my two years ago for $ 410 if i remember.

The only thing thats a con of the RC8TCE is the front axle shafts tend to bend if you land hard or not right but limiting droop. And balanceing your tires will really help with that.

But this truggy always has enough steering reguardless of what setup you use.

I would get the Tekno V4 conversion kit though for it its much better than the nitro conversion kit.

RavensNightFury 12-03-2012 01:33 PM

well a guy who race losi and a rc8t ce now is useing serpent 811te truggy i must say it better then my other truggy i had much better

dtr 12-03-2012 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury (Post 11511026)
well a guy who race losi and a rc8t ce now is useing serpent 811te truggy i must say it better then my other truggy i had much better

What conversion are you running on the 811T?

blade329 12-03-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by iknow2 (Post 11510420)
sorry if there is already a thread on this

currently i have teckno losi 8t truggy and not to excited about it and ready to move away from losi so i wanted to get a taste of what everybody is running out there. so i have a better choice in mind to get:confused:

I have had two different Truggies to compare with. I used to own and race an Associated RC8Te CE truggy. I now run a Losi 8ight-Te 2.0, with Tekno V4. I like the Losi better. More durable and handles just as well. Are you sure you just don't have it tuned properly???

I thought the RC8Te drove pretty darn good, but fragile as hell. It's biggest flaw, which became a deal breaker for me, is its tendency to bend CVA's. They are not cheap to replace and they cause a lot of vibration in the drive train. Not good at all!!!! In addition to that, I've had a shock shaft snap, hub break, turnbuckle snap, chassis brace break, etc. It's NOT durable.

I know some people who drive a D8T (Nitro). They like it, but it has a tendency to be fragile as well. You might want to consider the Mugen MBX6T. Those are supposed to be pretty good.

Wease 12-03-2012 02:21 PM

Mugen MBX6T with the Mugen ECO conversion FTW!

My previous E-Truggy was the RC8T CE. It was a very good truggy, but like the poster above stated, the front drive shafts were apparently made of aluminum foil :-(. Those front drive shafts cost big $$. After a while I drove with them bent unless they were hitting the arm or sway bar mount. My only other complaint was that the diffs were always leaking. I have a ton of experience with 1/8 scale vehicles and I rebuild my diffs regularly and always with new gaskets and o-rings, yet the RC8T diffs were always puking.

I love my current MBX6T! I'm a huge Mugen fan as you can see from my signature because the quality and durability is hard to beat. It took me two full seasons on my MBX6 Eco buggy before I needed to replace the out-drives and bearings and that's all I needed to replace. Everything else is still extremely tight like the day it came out of the box.

scwrod 12-03-2012 02:29 PM

+2 Mugen MBX6T with the Mugen ECO conversion FTW!

silvalis 12-03-2012 02:44 PM

MBX6T Tekno V4.

Sleepytime 12-03-2012 03:00 PM

I have a Losi 8T and a Losi 8T 2.0 both with Tekno conversions but i have not been driving either for about a year now. Planning to get a Durango DEX408T once it is released and will likely sell my Losi trucks at some point.

tc5 man 12-03-2012 03:03 PM

Im not being bias but all Truggys have a flaw none of them are perfect at all.
Now i never have broken anything on the RC8TCE. I only bent the rear hub hinge pins and the front axles thats it !

I did have a diff leak on it but it stoped after a while. You think thats bad take a look at the SCTE diffs lol.

RavensNightFury 12-03-2012 06:34 PM

I used a monster conversion kit mugen I had one as a nitro but a arms too soft and breaks

ironzgti35 12-03-2012 06:53 PM

Losi 8t 2.0 with the tekno conversion. Ran it for a while with the losi e conversion kit but the chassis was worn so I switched to Tekno. No problems for me, also run a nitro version

iknow2 12-03-2012 09:47 PM

my losi runs good just the rear diff is my issue. i was looking at the mugen mbx6t eco, team associated rc8te, losi 2.0 but i figured if i get the losi 2.0 those diffs well do the same thing

tc5 man 12-03-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by iknow2 (Post 11513258)
my losi runs good just the rear diff is my issue. i was looking at the mugen mbx6t eco, team associated rc8te, losi 2.0 but i figured if i get the losi 2.0 those diffs well do the same thing

Well il tell you this from expirence you will have 0 diff issues with the RC8TCE ! And there really smooth too.