Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Bad/glitchy acceleration on Brushless DTX Evader >

Bad/glitchy acceleration on Brushless DTX Evader

Bad/glitchy acceleration on Brushless DTX Evader

Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Bad/glitchy acceleration on Brushless DTX Evader

Bad/glitchy acceleration on Brushless Duratrax Evader

Just un-boxed a new Duratrax Evader Brushless and all is good except acceleration from a dead stop is glitchy/poor/not smooth. It’s like the motor oscillates quickly from reverse to forward very fast and then just takes off at mid speed.

Gear-mesh looks good/has good action. Decreased the speed CTRL acceleration settings, tried different batteries, adjusted slipper clutch….all have no effect.

Can I get this thing to accelerate smoothly from a dead stop or is this how cheap quality feels?

-HW
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does the motor have a sensor wire going the speedo? if it does, try and new wire
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: sensor wire

Motor has a Black, Red and white wire to ESC. I'm guessing the white wire is the sensor wire you refer to. I will check on this and get back to you.

I should specify that medium and top speed acceleration is fine; its just low speed/fine throttle that is glitchy/not smooth.

Thanks for the idea.

-HW
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

In case some poor soul searches this to find out whats wrong I think its the fact that the motor in not sensored and thus as low speed it glitches... A sensored motor and esc should fix
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are 100% right
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

check your radio batteries they might be low.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

you might have a bad solder joint.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What kind of batteries are you using? NiMH are not going to work well with a brushless setup. Your setup is a sensorless setup, but that doesn't mean that it can't be smooth. I have many sensorless setups that are perfectly smooth. Most of the time, something else in the system is the problem.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kufman View Post
What kind of batteries are you using? NiMH are not going to work well with a brushless setup. Your setup is a sensorless setup, but that doesn't mean that it can't be smooth. I have many sensorless setups that are perfectly smooth. Most of the time, something else in the system is the problem.

I'm running LiPos (Duratrax Onyx LiPo 2S 7.4V 5000mAh 25C Hard Case Deans). I've tried it with two different radios and the batteries were fully charged. One was the RTR crap radio and the other is a spectrum mtx pro w/ spectrum sr300 rx 2.4 Ghz.

I've also tried many esc settings and many slipper clutch settings...the thing is just crap! I love Duratrax but this evader is crap...way too overpowered for it's chassis balance and traction and of course...glitchy acceleration. Still, I beat other nice cars with this thing all the time. Its way fast! too fast for its own good.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

This is true, I have the velineon and it is smooth on acceleration so that's not the prob...
Originally Posted by heavy_weapons View Post
I'm running LiPos (Duratrax Onyx LiPo 2S 7.4V 5000mAh 25C Hard Case Deans). I've tried it with two different radios and the batteries were fully charged. One was the RTR crap radio and the other is a spectrum mtx pro w/ spectrum sr300 rx 2.4 Ghz.

I've also tried many esc settings and many slipper clutch settings...the thing is just crap! I love Duratrax but this evader is crap...way too overpowered for it's chassis balance and traction and of course...glitchy acceleration. Still, I beat other nice cars with this thing all the time. Its way fast! too fast for its own good.
That they are, I have that 1 for about a month lol, and it was just crazy for me....so I wnt with a t4 haha but the speed they have is so amazingly funny;p
Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy_weapons View Post

If it is plenty fast, try going to a smaller pinion. Overgeared sensorless systems have a lot of trouble. If possible, please post a short vid of the problem. It is hard to describe the different problems that cause bad start up but it is sometimes easier to diagnose from seeing it in action. It is possible that you got a bad controller or motor right out of the box. From a vid, I can tell you what is normal and what is not.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

If it is plenty fast, try going to a smaller pinion. Overgeared sensorless systems have a lot of trouble. If possible, please post a short vid of the problem. It is hard to describe the different problems that cause bad start up but it is sometimes easier to diagnose from seeing it in action. It is possible that you got a bad controller or motor right out of the box. From a vid, I can tell you what is normal and what is not.
mmmm, yea, gearing might fix it! good idea. I'll see what I can do about a video...