Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Agree or disagree? >

Agree or disagree?

Agree or disagree?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Agree or disagree?

Do ya'll think people should insult each other about what they drive? It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TOASTY
Old 11-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Prophet

No people shouldnt but you will always have Egos in R/C racing . I could care less what you drive its the way you drive it doesnt matter what brand you have setups and driving does the talking..

For instance im competive with a LCG STRC 2wd slash at a indoor carpet offroad track with the big name trucks. I think its mostly my driving and setup really.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pro2-Slash
Do ya'll think people should insult each other about what they drive? It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.
If it's happening here, get a thicker skin, there are some that are here just to start crap. If it's happenning at the track, show em where the parking lot is.

Kevin
Old 11-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

It doesn't matter what you drive if you are fast. If you are driving a hunk of junk and hacking everyone we have a problem.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tc5 man
No people shouldnt but you will always have Egos in R/C racing . I could care less what you drive its the way you drive it doesnt matter what brand you have setups and driving does the talking..

For instance im competive with a LCG STRC 2wd slash at a indoor carpet offroad track with the big name trucks. I think its mostly my driving and setup really.
I'm the exact same.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
If it's happening here, get a thicker skin, there are some that are here just to start crap. If it's happenning at the track, show em where the parking lot is.

Kevin
Great advice if you're the "I don't take shit from nobody type person" Which I'm that way all day everyday. Were all there to have fun and if somebody wants to run there mouth I'll tell them lets go work it out in the parking lot then and every time it works. Most douche bags that have big mouths right checks there ass can't cash anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

LOL
Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but "insults" about your Slash won't hurt you.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is kinda funny really. You guys think this is bad? Sure there are some idiots....but that's in every sport and every hobby. I speak from 30+ years of riding and racing MX. Trust me.....if you get pissed on the track at someone in that sport , it's extremely easy to get that guy hauled out on a stretcher....and it's legal!

In "this Hobby"......sure you can mess someone's car up or whatever.....some words can get thrown around......but the temperament in this hobby is Nothing....I mean nothing like an extreme sport.

It's one of the reasons I got into RC in the first place.....it's extremely chilled out to what I've been used to over the past 30+ years.

It's RC for Pete's sake!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

The Slash has gotten a bad rap, as has Traxxas in general, when it comes to "hardcore racing". You're going to get a lot of crap if you race a Slash.....I know, I raced one for a few years.

I think what got the smack talk started was when you started your thread on how to get a sponsorship. Like it or not, even if it's where they started, most "serious racers" won't be running a Slash anymore. Of course, there will be exceptions to this, but in most cases it's true. There are just too many better vehicles on the market.

You may indeed find a company that is interested in sponsoring you while you're still racing a Slash. Keep looking, and don't worry about the folks giving you grief.....just make sure you tell them you're driving a Slash when you pass them on the track.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

Originally Posted by Stubbs
The Slash has gotten a bad rap, as has Traxxas in general, when it comes to "hardcore racing". You're going to get a lot of crap if you race a Slash.....I know, I raced one for a few years.

I think what got the smack talk started was when you started your thread on how to get a sponsorship. Like it or not, even if it's where they started, most "serious racers" won't be running a Slash anymore. Of course, there will be exceptions to this, but in most cases it's true. There are just too many better vehicles on the market.

You may indeed find a company that is interested in sponsoring you while you're still racing a Slash. Keep looking, and don't worry about the folks giving you grief.....just make sure you tell them you're driving a Slash when you pass them on the track.
Dude, your like the Shakespeare of R/C!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dude, your like the Shakespeare of R/C!!!!!!!!
Disagree, he does not write in perfect iambic pentameter.

Also, a moderator has asked you to remove all the -'s from your signature; you may want to comply with this request.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Oh the LCG 2wd slash may not be a quote serious racer but its competitive for club racing if setup and driver pending dont let it fool you
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Oh the LCG 2wd slash may not be a quote serious racer but its competitive for club racing if setup and driver pending.
dont let it fool you

Now of course it needs a better servo and the proline steering kit/tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.