Wiki Posts
Search

Please explain####?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigbuckster
I have a very smilar issue. I'm running a SCTE, MMB, Tekin pro4 4600kv, losi rtr servo, spektrum radio. Low power on the straight away and makes the grinding noise and feels like its on the brakes at times of wide open throttle. ????
If it is making a grinding noise its probably a different issue. Its more than likely your diffs need to be rebuilt or one of your pinion bearings are bad.

It helps to have everyone else comment on what their problem and fix was but yours wasnt the BEC isssue yet. You will more than likely run into this problem too with the MMP, but its not the issue you are describing.

The MMP cant hadle the heavy amp draws that well especially with low quality batteries, which is more than likely this guys issue.

The BEC problems are a totally different issue. This ESC has many. The BEC only puts out 3A at the lowest voltage setting, when you adjust the voltage up the amps drop from there. At 6V on testing we could only get about 1.7-1.9A out of it. Deffinently not enough for any new digital servo. If you put in a BEC you are spending $20 more. If you have the option, sell it before it goes bad and put that and the $20 towards a new ESC. You wont regret it.