R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-28-2005, 10:21 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz
Default Question about RC10T (oh rocknbil...) lol

Hey guys,

I have a question or two about the RC10T, the old school one. not the buggy, the stadium truck.

so, first off, I cant find anyone who sells the rear arms. its not that I need them, but the ones on there are original, and im sure they will get broken at some point. not to mention new ones will probably be lighter. will the RPM RC10GT arms fit? even if they arent cool shaped lol

secondly, what bodies are out there that will fit the 10T? I know associated still makes the stock body, but its... well lets just say its not my style. If there is a crowd pleazer that will fit, id be thrilled! anyone have experience fitting other bodies on it?

I plan on racing the heck out of this beast! so, would i be wise on using a slightly hotter motor (elec truck open class) with a bit shorter gearing to throw the extra weight around?

thanks in advance guys
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
Bud
Tech Regular

Gotta love those old "T's". I've still got two of them. The front and rear arms from the gt fit the T. In fact the whole gt front end fits on the T. The bodies I use for mine are made for a T3. Fit right on there. GT bodies have the rear shock towers too far back, but the electric bodies work.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Tech Regular

ahh excellent Bud. Im going to find some unusual T3 bodies to see what i can get to fit, i need somthing distinct. Thanks dude
Old 04-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Hey, does anyone here have good pics of how the servo mounted? the one i got had the tabs shaved off the servo and it was taped down. needless to say i have to retape it every 3 or 4 runs. I saw a couple not-so-close-up pics of rocknbils and his were mounted upside down....wiggy.

also, does anyone know where i might be able to find a rear bulkhead? Seeing as im redressing mine for a show/race truck, the screws that are 1/2" too long sticking out the bottom of where the tranny brace mounts really takes away from the truck
Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I usually buy too long screws. I get a bunch so I don't worry about running out. Then cut to length with a dremel.

For the bulkhead check out AE at tower, and browse their chassis section. I saw bulkheads for the T2 on there. Not sure if they swap or not.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Sorry beetlebz, been busy helping wife open her new biz.

Bud is absolutely correct, almost all of the suspension parts on the GT fit the original 10T. I also have two of them - been through T2, T3's and sold them all, kept the originals because I like their handling BETTER - but the single thing you can do to improve the 10T and keep it competitive is add a chassis stiffener. I used two graphite strips that go from the shock tower to the two tube brace stiffeners.

This eliminates the axial (twist) and longtitudinal flex and it drives like a completely different animal, check it out.

As for servo mounts - they ordinarily mount flat on their side and sideways, but this pitches the servo linkage at an angle to the steering bellcranks, giving you more steering to one side than the other. I hate that! So I mount my servo on top of two RPM servo mount blocks with the servo horn facing down, and drill a small hole in the chassis to access the servo horn screw.

The same old pics I''ve always had show both the braces and servo mounting and can be found here.
rocknbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Sorry missed that last - the T2 bulkheads don't fit the original 10T, but if you can't find them on eBay you can contact AE directly, they'll be more than happy to sell you parts you can't get from a LHS.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
Tech Regular

AH HA! for some reason when i looked at your pics from work i didnt have the option to enlarge them. that REALLY clears things up! thanks

as for AE, i got an email back from them yesterday about the parts i needed, they told me to check ebay and the old stock of parts at my LHS

where can i buy pieces of graphite or carbon fiber to make braces like yours? That would be cool because then I could use velcro straps too. It almost looks like your chassis is longer than mine, the front battery cup thing on mine is about 1/2" past where the rear-most screws are that hold your servo down. No matter though, I'll make it work!

thanks rocknbil
Old 04-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
Tech Adept

No the chassis on both those are worlds chassis, they're a little stronger but same length as the stocks. I got my graphite sheets from a local H.S., but I think you can get them from tower.

There is also a chassis stiffener kit from A & L (a rare find, if you find it.) The battery strap comes ffrom Pro-Tec, not sure where I got them.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cmain

they have the rear bulkhead at tower

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2775&P=7

it will be good to see one of these great trucks on the track again.
cmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #11
Tech Regular

two words, MY and HERO.

thanks! i totally missed that!