R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   lipo comparison ............ ¿opinions? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/674841-lipo-comparison-%BFopinions.html)

miquelmah 11-01-2012 01:46 PM

lipo comparison ............ ¿opinions?

flight power
vs
thunder power
vs
hyperion
vs
gens ace
vs
nanotech

probably I will buy a pack of one of this manufacturers for compare with my nanotech/a-spec batterys .......

¿opinions? :tire:

Wildcat1971 11-01-2012 01:56 PM

Lookup promatch. Nice bang for the buck and they support the batteries.

jsinclair 11-01-2012 02:31 PM

Add nanotec to that list, I've been most impressed with them.

lawnmowerjockey 11-01-2012 02:42 PM

I agree on the pro match. Great packs, good price and warranty and the customer service is second to none. I have had about 20 other packs from various companies and only buy the promatch packs now.

todb 11-01-2012 03:08 PM

Have a look a throttle worx batteries. I run them in my 1/8e buggy and 4wd s.c. good batteries at a very good price

fulbore4x4 11-01-2012 03:29 PM

I haven't run any of Thunder Power's 4s packs but I run their 2s packs in my SCTE and they have never let me down.

Going to look at the Trinity 90C packs and possibly order a few of them.

brainiac 11-01-2012 04:25 PM

Honestly the HVR that I have now is one of the nicest batteries that I have probably ever used. Not overpriced either like some other "real" comapanys try to make you pay for a quality pack.

plasma327 11-01-2012 04:37 PM

+1 on the promatch!!

miquelmah 11-01-2012 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by jsinclair (Post 11393825)
Add nanotec to that list, I've been most impressed with them.

I have 12 nanotech lipos with 25c, 35c, 45c ....... and 3 a-spec 65c packs ........ all are awesome lipos and work great :nod:

Im interested in buy one of this "expensive high quality yankee lipos" for compare with my nanotech packs ....... and verify with my hands if I feel the difference ;)

RCkidd 11-02-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by miquelmah (Post 11393699)
flight power
vs
thunder power
vs
hyperion
vs
gens ace

probably I will buy a pack of one of this manufacturers for compare with my nanotech/a-spec batterys ....... I dont put the nanotech/a-spec in the list because I verified are a awesome lipos and works great (I have 15 packs)

I run Trakpower LiPo's and they've been great. It'd definitely be worth buying a pack or two to compace with your nanotech/a-spec batteries.

brsilva 11-02-2012 09:27 AM

+1 on HVR. I don't own the packs your listing but I have had an Enerland 2c and one other that escapes me right now. All good packs but for less $ the HVR had the longevity. I have run 2 Summer seasons running one pack in 2 trucks and one winter season running an SC 4wd. I balance the pack after each race day and the pack's cell balance is never more than .01V off of balance before charging.

blade329 11-02-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by miquelmah (Post 11393699)
flight power
vs
thunder power
vs
hyperion
vs
gens ace

probably I will buy a pack of one of this manufacturers for compare with my nanotech/a-spec batterys ....... I dont put the nanotech/a-spec in the list because I verified are a awesome lipos and works great (I have 15 packs)

I like Promatch. Reasonably priced and good quality.

Gens Ace is garbage, especially for 8th scale racing. When my current crop of Gens Ace dies, which I'm sure wont be long, I will be done with them.

Thunder Power is high quality, but pricey. However, if you get a good one, they will last a long long time.

JayL 11-02-2012 10:05 AM

Thunder Power
or
http://www.teameamotorsports.com/

EA actually posts on here and races, great guy

sac 11-02-2012 12:27 PM

My local hobby shops been selling Giant power lipos.6500mah,2s,65c for $60.00.He can't keep them in stock.All the guys at the track who ran Nanotec,Gen ACE,rhino,sky,Team HWI even the Nano A-specs batteries ,have switched to these Giant Power lipos.One racer who ran all Thunder Power says is easily compares to TP 65c for less money.

fq06 11-02-2012 01:14 PM

I have nano (pre a spec) 6600 65c's and one reedy 6500 65c competition pack.

Love the nano's for the price, the reedy has a little more punch off the bottom end and holds power a minute or two longer before I notice the power dropping off. Both have about the same run time, but the voltage doesn't sag as soon as I'm nearing LVC on the reedy.
Granted, that's about 9 minutes into a practice run (11 min to LVC), in a 7 minute heat, can't feel either start to sag... just messing around on a practice day.

Is the reedy's performance worth more than twice the cost of the nano? Guess that's different for everyone. In a race, having that additional pop when I nail the throttle is nice. It's not a huge difference, but it is a difference.