Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Dear Bent,

I do have a not brand specific question about tires and inserts/foam to you, my you can clarify that to me, as i see, you are always willing to help people?

I plan on to do some practice on carpet over the wintertime and do have schumacher mini pins -the pre glued EOS version- and some wide staggers -only the rubber-, so my question would be, witch inserts/foams do you prefere and do you trim the foams? If so, how exactly do you trim them?
These would be for my 4wd car.

I saw your comment and picture on the xb2 thread, am i right, you use 4wd front wheels and cut the inner raw, for 2wd?
What inserts/foams you prefere to use on your xb2?

Thanks in advace and
Old 12-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by micholix
Dear Bent,

I do have a not brand specific question about tires and inserts/foam to you, my you can clarify that to me, as i see, you are always willing to help people?

I plan on to do some practice on carpet over the wintertime and do have schumacher mini pins -the pre glued EOS version- and some wide staggers -only the rubber-, so my question would be, witch inserts/foams do you prefere and do you trim the foams? If so, how exactly do you trim them?
These would be for my 4wd car.

I saw your comment and picture on the xb2 thread, am i right, you use 4wd front wheels and cut the inner raw, for 2wd?
What inserts/foams you prefere to use on your xb2?

Thanks in advace and
For the front 4WD Wide Stagger tires we use the Schumacher Front Medium foam U6733.

For the 2WD we use the 2WD front wheels and cut them down to fit the narrow 2WD Stagger tires (see picture below).

The #329910 are slightly narrower than the 4WD front wheels (#369912).

Use a set of curved body scissors and it will take 2-3 seconds pr wheel

For the front 2WD Stagger tires we never use foams inside.

They are meant to be run without foams and definitely work better this way

Bent
Old 12-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BentKa
For the front 4WD Wide Stagger tires we use the Schumacher Front Medium foam U6733.

For the 2WD we use the 2WD front wheels and cut them down to fit the narrow 2WD Stagger tires (see picture below).

The #329910 are slightly narrower than the 4WD front wheels (#369912).

Use a set of curved body scissors and it will take 2-3 seconds pr wheel

For the front 2WD Stagger tires we never use foams inside.

They are meant to be run without foams and definitely work better this way

Bent
Hello Bent,

Thank you for that info, i do much appreciat that!
Old 12-29-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This is an awesome setup for medium grip clay that we used on the '15 for Euros this year

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2015

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
Hi Bent,
I have xb4 '15 could you tell me what is total transmission ratio? Thanks waiting for your input.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raved007
Hi Bent,
I have xb4 '15 could you tell me what is total transmission ratio? Thanks waiting for your input.
You can find all specifications here:

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/2015/specs/

Bent
Old 12-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You can find all specifications here:

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/2015/specs/

Bent
Thank You for your quick reply
Old 12-30-2015, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im getting much better results outa the diffs with my spacers installed on both gears in the diffs, ive broken another front bulkhead though,does anyone know where i can get the reinforced 16 front bulkhead. hopefully ill have better long term luck with that. someone here said either the front or rear bulkhead would work with the prev model years shock towers if they were clearanced a bit with a dremel? does front or rear require mods to work?
Old 12-30-2015, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
im getting much better results outa the diffs with my spacers installed on both gears in the diffs, ive broken another front bulkhead though,does anyone know where i can get the reinforced 16 front bulkhead. hopefully ill have better long term luck with that. someone here said either the front or rear bulkhead would work with the prev model years shock towers if they were clearanced a bit with a dremel? does front or rear require mods to work?
Both front and rear '16 bulkheads fit, but you will have to clearence the rear shock tower a bit to make room for the reinforcements.

Bent
Old 12-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

thanks good to know,where is the best place to order 16 bulkheads in the USA? Also would be nice to see xray make a little brace for the front diff from carbon that connects the lower hole on the front bulk head where the thicker part of the plastic is,everyone of mine has broke off right where the second screw hole goes through it,there is very little plastic there. 10 cents worth of carbon would completly fix that issue,hopefully the reinforced plastic on the back side will solve the issue,but a tiny extension of carbon connecting those 3 holes would certainly bullet proof it further
Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

thanks good to know,where is the best place to order 16 bulkheads in the USA? Also would be nice to see xray make a little brace for the front diff from carbon that connects the lower hole on the front bulk head where the thicker part of the plastic is,everyone of mine has broke off right where the second screw hole goes through it,there is very little plastic there. 10 cents worth of carbon would completly fix that issue,hopefully the reinforced plastic on the back side will solve the issue,but a tiny extension of carbon connecting those 3 holes would certainly bullet proof it further
The reinforced bulkheads on the 16 solve this problem. I have had several "questionable" nose dives without any issue... I keep a spare just in case, but I have a feeling it won't be used.

You should be able to get a bulkhead from amain or absolute hobbyz... if neither have it, try calling RC America.

Absolute: http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/XRAY-D..._p_508077.html
Amain: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...362002/p476472
Old 12-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Good to hear the new bulkhead is better. Wish these little metal braces would have went down to the last hole in bottom back on the 13 model when they came out. Would have saved a lot of broken bulkheads. Why they didn't make them to do that is a mystery to me
Old 12-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Front side of brace
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Good to hear the new bulkhead is better. Wish these little metal braces would have went down to the last hole in bottom back on the 13 model when they came out. Would have saved a lot of broken bulkheads. Why they didn't make them to do that is a mystery to me
Because then you would transfer all the forces to the shock tower instead and people would snap the much more expensive carbon part (which they also did back in '13 when people made these braces).

The '16 bulkheads are super strong and the shock towers are more beefed up than ever.

If you still keep breaking the '16 parts you either need to slow down and work on keeping the 4 round black things on the ground or go buy a Traxxas.....lol

Bent
Old 12-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Front side of brace
That brace was made for the rear shock tower to prevent the tower to snap where you attach the camber link.

The towers where later updated to 3.5mm in the front and both front and rear towers had material added to the camber link mounting area

Bent
Old 12-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

I see how the brace could help with the camber link area but having the brace go down to the 3rd bolt on the bulkhead would not have caused the tower to crack. The load is still on the bulkhead this way just the thicker part of the plastic. Rather than the super thin upper plastic part.
Most all my broken bulkheads have been from landing jumps flat not crashing. This last one broke from another car clipping me in a corner and hitting the tower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.