Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am so happy that they finally admitted there was a mistake and I am super happy that they are going to replace them 100% free of charge. I've said it before and will say it again. My xray xb4 is by far better then anything else out there and with this fix it's only going to be better. Hats off to xray as it has only been really about 2 weeks since it was 1st reported. Also hats off to the guys that found the issue. We all thank you.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The website shows hangers from 2015 and the earlier low roll center hangers. But my friend just called rc america and they said 2015 only.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

So, I have 2 x sets of +2 hangers that I got for my 2015 and my xb4 2wd, I wonder if these will be replaced as well as the std ones??
Old 02-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mark-rc
So, I have 2 x sets of +2 hangers that I got for my 2015 and my xb4 2wd, I wonder if these will be replaced as well as the std ones??
Call them and ask. Please post what they tell you. There are a lot of guys in the same boat.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

A big shout out to Kevin and rcgod for bringing this issue to our attention and for taking the time to make the measurements as well as offer solutions. I probably would never have noticed and would not have emailed xray had it not been for this forum. As for the naysayers....please continue to run your crooked car. Sorry...I'm just still pissed Seattle lost. :P
Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Sorry...I'm just still pissed Seattle lost. :P
Yea, that was a horrible play at the end of the game. I have no clue what they were thinking.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littleZEN
A big shout out to Kevin and rcgod for bringing this issue to our attention and for taking the time to make the measurements as well as offer solutions. I probably would never have noticed and would not have emailed xray had it not been for this forum. As for the naysayers....please continue to run your crooked car. Sorry...I'm just still pissed Seattle lost. :P
I will have the pleasure of watching the NE Patriots victory parade right down Boylston St tomorrow, right past the building I work in, I'll be sure to take a few pictures for you
And hopefully by now you have heard that "Deflategate" has been somewhat deflated. Only 1 ball was significantly lower than the regulation, the others were just "a few ticks" low.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XraySupport
Following the recent customer reports of incorrect rear toe-in, we have conducted additional inspections and measurements of the previously run batches of the rear aluminum suspension holder. We found that a certain batch used an incorrect CNC program and were not produced correctly. After assembly on the car, the left and right rear toe-in are not identical. We apologize for any troubles.

A replacement suspension holder will be provided FREE of charge. Check the news section on our website for more information.
Thanks for finally responding in a more favorable manner, my faith is restored lol.
I have done a lot of searching and discussing with others about this, and have not come across a single one that actually WAS machined right, including the ones all your team drivers appeared to be running (from what we could tell in pics), so I suspect it is more than just "a batch". I hope all the guys that bought the RR+2 as well as the brass braces as upgrades to previous models get taken care of as well.
I too will surely change my review on Amain as soon as I get my replacement....

And I also hope those few who criticized the relentless approach of a couple of us to get this resolved have a different outlook on it now. You could just put your foot in your mouth now and contact Xray for the replacement that is now available (entirely due to those petty relentless efforts), or maybe you guys should just keep running it the way it is, you know, because the car was fine and all, and you were happy with what you had.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Deflategate is such a pathetic attempt by the jealous whom can't accept the greatness consistently achieved by the Patriots whole organization. I can't believe people even bought into this bull. 45-7 has nothing to do with 1 ball being low on air. The ball has nothing to do with stopping L. Blounte runingfor3TD's and 150 yards.
Other organization can't handle the fact the the Pats develop players that the experts won't even put on their draft boards. They let go players deemed uncoachable, to small, to slow etc, etc, etc.
I am a die hard Vikings fan but will Definetly acknowledge the greatness of the whole Pats Organizatin. The point being the whole Organizatin. Teams win championships and the Pats organization is just that. There team concept involves everyone on and off the field working to support each other directly or indirectly.

Kevin and RCGOD thank you again as your deligence has helped all from consumers to manufacture.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
I have done a lot of searching and discussing with others about this, and have not come across a single one that actually WAS machined right, including the ones all your team drivers appeared to be running (from what we could tell in pics), so I suspect it is more than just "a batch".
I was wondering this too...I wonder if I should even bother with the one that came with my kit (kit is still in the mail) or just try to replace it right away. I guess I *should* install it to see if it's correct or not but I'm thinking that it's probably off too.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823

And I also hope those few who criticized the relentless approach of a couple of us to get this resolved have a different outlook on it now. You could just put your foot in your mouth now and contact Xray for the replacement that is now available (entirely due to those petty relentless efforts), or maybe you guys should just keep running it the way it is, you know, because the car was fine and all, and you were happy with what you had.
exactly. i doubt all of the ostriches who chimed in with their "so what, the buggy drives great and is still the best on the market so stop complaining" will keep running their crooked hangers now that xray has finally owned up to the mistake and offered replacements....
Old 02-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default part needed!!

Hey guys, my 15' xray is in desperate need for a 14T pinion gear 365134 this is the metal one, cannot find them anywhere so do any of you have any ideas as to where can I find one??

Thanks
Old 02-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by handyman77
Hey guys, my 15' xray is in desperate need for a 14T pinion gear 365134 this is the metal one, cannot find them anywhere so do any of you have any ideas as to where can I find one??

Thanks
Call rcamerica
Old 02-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Call rcamerica
I will call them.

thanks!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What would be really cool if Xray sent out the updated mounts to hobby shops that have kits on there shelves so when customers order a kit they already have the updated part instead of building it, then confirming it's the wrong mount, then having to contact Xray, then wait for the updated part to finish the build. Just my .02.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.