Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jdubst13
Good to know, thanks. Just kinda sucks driving a car that you know something is off, gets in my head lol.
I bought it despite the fact the rear end is off. I figure that someone or XRay will release a fix. Mine should be here on the 6th of February so I'm hoping to have it built that weekend. I'll take a picture of the rear end to see if it's off as well. I think compared to all of the other 4wd kits this one is near the top of the list or AT the top of the list. It just looks like a real nice kit and I'm excited to have one.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes it is easy to work on and drives super, even though it's not 100% perfect..
Wathced other's work on b44.3 and d413 not as easy as the xb4 to work on!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Agreed but parts are expensive and most lhs dont stock xray and parts are often back ordered on amain other than that its my fav ride at the moment.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jdubst13
Wow I was just on Amain thinking about ordering this car but noticed all the bad reviews about the rear brace being off. After going through this thread looks like Xray refuses to admit there is a problem. It's hard for for to spend that kind of money and not get the support from a company in denial. I really wanted to get this car, heard it preformed great and I'm pretty much done with my 44.3. Hmmmm what to do.

I understand that you feel this way as so do I, but i will tell you I have had myself the Kyosho zx5, B44.2 and B44.3, Durango 410v4 and the Hotbodies d413 and also still own the zx6. The xb4 2015 is by far the best car out and is pretty much bullet proof. if the 2015 wasnt out I would still get the 2014 xb4 over all the rest. With the 15spec having the center diff and shorty option it makes this car so easy and fun to drive, while going fast at the same time. I would say not to listen to a couple of reviews from people mad at that point in time when they left the reviews. I bet if you asked them now 4 out of 5 would still get this car over the rest. Just my 2 cents giving I have actually had the other cars out there as I like to build and drive them and do a review on them.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
I understand that you feel this way as so do I, but i will tell you I have had myself the Kyosho zx5, B44.2 and B44.3, Durango 410v4 and the Hotbodies d413 and also still own the zx6. The xb4 2015 is by far the best car out and is pretty much bullet proof. if the 2015 wasnt out I would still get the 2014 xb4 over all the rest. With the 15spec having the center diff and shorty option it makes this car so easy and fun to drive, while going fast at the same time. I would say not to listen to a couple of reviews from people mad at that point in time when they left the reviews. I bet if you asked them now 4 out of 5 would still get this car over the rest. Just my 2 cents giving I have actually had the other cars out there as I like to build and drive them and do a review on them.
AAA++++ Well said yeah whatever people review this kit i love my xray xb4 easy to work not only that but also durable plastic. Now xray xb4 fastest buggy in my local track.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question for 2015 Spec rides running the shorty configuration: Are you running full sized servos or low-profile? Spektrum have a new low profile servo out soon, the S6270 which has some really attractive specs: @6v, 0.078sec with 163oz of torque! It weighs 42g vs. my S6040 at 54.2g with nearly identical specs.

Last edited by HeavyD99; 01-30-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Question for 2015 Spec rides running the shorty configuration: Are you running full sized servos or low-profile? Spektrum have a new low profile servo out soon, the S6270 which has some really attractive specs: @6v, 0.078sec with 163oz of torque! It weighs 42g vs. my S6040 at 54.2g with nearly identical specs.

I can't speak for the 15 version but we run low profile servos in our 14's taken directly from our touring cars with no issues. Theses cars really do not need much torque.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If the specs on the Protek low profile high torque are accurate, I am certainly considering that one first.http://www.amain.com/protek-r-c-160t...l-case/p403453

0.08 transit speed, and 216 oz-in of torque @ 6.0V
0.06 transit speed, and 274 oz-in of torque @ 7.4V
Though it is still 54g
Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

I guess I would still be the 5th person Randy described. I bought this car because I run several classes and it's a chore to keep them all fresh, so I wanted a lower maintenance, durable car. I do feel I got that, and never said otherwise, but pretty much all of the cars are capable of winning, especially at a club level, so it's hard to say what I would have bought had this info been out beforehand and I wasn't involved in it personally, (I really wish Tekno had an option by now). But, I am a very firm believer in transparency and good business ethics, and this whole thing has shown me that it is not as important to Xray.

Bear in mind, that in my case, Xray has done this to me TWICE with this car. When I found that my dogbones bottom out in the outdrive notches when I tried to run their basic clay setup, and not a single person (that I am aware of) has experienced the same, instead of trying to address my issue they said "We recommend only running the inserts in the middle and outer positions". So everybody else gets to run the inserts in the "preferred" position except me? WTF?
Then we find that those positions are 1 deg off anyway, and I believe you all know how that went.............. Perhaps it's because I was involved in it personally that I feel so strongly, I felt that Xray's bogus replies were largely in response to my own inquiries(they were), and I am offended that they think we are that gullible. I find it extremely disappointing, as I had quite a different impression of Xray as a company coming in to this, now I find it hard to give this kind of company my business.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I agree 100% with Kevin. I had a previous XB4 and was impressed when XRAY released the service kit to help with the shock tower breakage and gear issue. Was very happy how easy and quickly I was able to change to the replacement gears when the kit units bit the dust. I still have a YOK BMAX-4 III & HB D413 and both are good cars too. I had a 22-4 which was also a good car for me, but much more difficult to service. So far I like using a center diff (D413) and I prefer gear diffs over ball (22-4). But the D413 is also more difficult to service than some others. So that led to my desire to try the XB4 '15. I am very disappointed in XRAY's lack of response to the rear hanger issue. Yes I could run it with offset inserts, but that is not how the car is designed to be configured and it limits our choices for rear toe angles. If everyone chooses to sit back and live with the car as is, XRAY gets to ride out the storm and not address the issue (which seems to be the approach they have chosen). Maybe the XB4 2016 will have a correct symmetrical rear hanger!?!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

A lot of people don't read rc forums, this one in particular. So they're not aware of the issue. I was at the track last week practicing and pointed it out to a new xb4 owner. He hadn't heard about it and was shocked when he could see visually the rear toe is off. Then the shock turned to anger that xray released the car like that and are trying to sweep it under the rug. Xray is betting that's the way this is going to play a out and no one will notice. Please make sure to make the rounds at your track and point it out to xb4 owners. The more that know about it will help in hopefully forcing xray to fix it. If not the team C mount is an alternative and I'm sure someone will come out with an aftermarket fix soon.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

FWIW, because I want to think that these decisions/replies came from somebody in the company whose job it is to deal with us, and not Juraj Hudy, I actually sent him the following message on Facebook Thurs. night. I had to pay $0.22 in order to get the message in his actual inbox, not a separate one that is likely read by somebody else. The message was seen on Friday morning, but I can't be sure it was by him, he may be too busy rolling around in piles of our money to actually use Facebook. Still no response though........

"Mr. Hudy,
Your name has been behind numerous excellent products that I have been happy to own, so with all due respect, why is it that Xray will not acknowledge the issue that has become painfully obvious to everybody about the '15 XB4, with the rear toe being off by one full degree between sides due to the brace being machined off center? The responses they have given are embarrassing, and I cannot imagine you would want your name being associated with this type of complete disregard for the end user. Frankly many of us are very disapointed. The car is now down to a 2 star review on Amain, and the reviews will not change until the problem is acknowledged and addressed. Thank you for your time in reading this, and if I can help in any way please let me know how."

Last edited by kevinpratt823; 01-31-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

The Team C brace is not a very good alternative for carpet though, as the inserts are .5mm lower, so you will not be able to use the high roll center options. Even if you put 1 deg inserts up, the pin will still be lower than the Xray brace with .5 deg inserts up. Being that the Team C brace inserts are .5mm lower, this also throws off the rear anti-squat, as the Xray inserts are .375mm and .750mm.
I hope people remember to take this into account when using them. Personally, I will try it initially with 1 deg down/in on the front, and 1 deg in for both rears, this should in theory give a touch over 3 deg toe(as the insert are reportedly .1mm wider), with a bit less anti squat angle. That's about as close as we're going to get to the setup most of us are shooting for.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
FWIW, because I want to think that these decisions/replies came from somebody in the company whose job it is to deal with us, and not Juraj Hudy, I actually sent him the following message on Facebook Thurs. night. I had to pay $0.22 in order to get the message in his actual inbox, not a separate one that is likely read by somebody else. The message was seen on Friday morning, but I can't be sure it was by him, he may be too busy rolling around in piles of our money to actually use Facebook. Still no response though........

"Mr. Hudy,
Your name has been behind numerous excellent products that I have been happy to own, so with all due respect, why is it that Xray will not acknowledge the issue that has become painfully obvious to everybody about the '15 XB4, with the rear toe being off by one full degree between sides due to the brace being machined off center? The responses they have given are embarrassing, and I cannot imagine you would want your name being associated with this type of complete disregard for the end user. Frankly many of us are very disapointed. The car is now down to a 2 star review on Amain, and the reviews will not change until the problem is acknowledged and addressed. Thank you for your time in reading this, and if I can help in any way please let me know how."
Not to defend him as I have my own doubts over some email replays I've had from them this week over metal gear comparability, but it's the EOS rd in Berlin this weekend, so it's possible he's off doing that and can't check things before replying to you....
Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Fellas,

What is the part number for the Team C Rear Hangers that will be an option until some makes new hangers for the XB4.

RCGOD shoot me a PM today if you get a chance. Thanks my friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.