Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j0pp3
I don't know if it's common but my rear diff case broke when another car landed on mine (mostly hitting the rear). Tower looked untouched.

Sucks...
The rears haven't been breaking as much as the fronts. What sucks even more is that the bulkheads are 20 a pop
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I broke my front bulkhead today too. Not the cars fault though as I hit a stationary car sitting in the middle of the track on landing a fast jump.

I have done a quick google search and cannot find any of the bulkheads in stock anywhere? Do you guys know of anywhere that may have stock?

Part # is XRA362000

Last edited by TMS-99; 01-10-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMS-99
I broke my front bulkhead today too. Not the cars fault though as I hit a stationary car sitting in the middle of the track on landing a fast jump.

I have done a quick google search and cannot find any of the bulkheads in stock anywhere? Do you guys know of anywhere that may have stock?

Part # is XRA362000
Rear bulkhead is in stock at amain. Thought someone said they'd used a rear up front after shimming it?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Possible fix for bulkhead. I am going to attemt to make one but im sure it will look like crap.

Thinking of making an L bracket that bolts to top deck in front of buggy and body mount holder in the back of buggy. Use shorter screws through the front of shock tower and bolt through the back also securing the L brace. So 3 screws for eack bracket, 2 in the back of bulkhead (tower) and 1 securing (triangulating) in the lower top deck or body post holder.

I will post a pic if it looks worthy.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Something like this
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-xray_xb4_020_broken.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just don’t get it. Why do we have to spinning our heads trying to find a solution for this. I bought FK05 the first day when it was released and probably skipped only two versions T2 009 and 2011 I believe. I have never have problem with Xray’s kits with the exception of T2 007 when all of the bearings came dried.

I too bought in to this XB4, I was probably the first one to get and put the XB4 together in my area. Ever since I have been driving it scared, afraid of busting parts that is not yet available to be purchased. I knew Xray parts would be expensive but for parts that should not have been broken from a minor crashed now that’s bothered me.

Xray is still not responding to this. They must have a very long holidays. Shock Tower V2, Bulkhead/Diff cover V2 would be nice. Free for customer with the serial numbers effected. Heck, I’d pay for it if Xray made those available.

From the price of the spare parts I saw, it is almost make sense to buy another kit. But I probably not, since I will ended up with weak towers and bulkhead. I’m going to wait it out and see if Xray ever response.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Rest assured that this is being worked on...you should hear an official response some time soon
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
I just don’t get it. Why do we have to spinning our heads trying to find a solution for this. I bought FK05 the first day when it was released and probably skipped only two versions T2 009 and 2011 I believe. I have never have problem with Xray’s kits with the exception of T2 007 when all of the bearings came dried.

I too bought in to this XB4, I was probably the first one to get and put the XB4 together in my area. Ever since I have been driving it scared, afraid of busting parts that is not yet available to be purchased. I knew Xray parts would be expensive but for parts that should not have been broken from a minor crashed now that’s bothered me.

Xray is still not responding to this. They must have a very long holidays. Shock Tower V2, Bulkhead/Diff cover V2 would be nice. Free for customer with the serial numbers effected. Heck, I’d pay for it if Xray made those available.

From the price of the spare parts I saw, it is almost make sense to buy another kit. But I probably not, since I will ended up with weak towers and bulkhead. I’m going to wait it out and see if Xray ever response.
I contacted XRay and Mario Hudy responded by saying that they have only had a a few complaints of cars breaking other than me. He stated that they have responded to any issues brought up on the "XRay forums". They do not read this thread, only the forums that they have on thier website. I gave him the link to this thread and I explained that there have been a lot of diff gear, shock towers and bulk head failures. I also explained that many manufacturers constantly monitor the rctech threads about thier cars in order to keep thier customers happy. I got a thank you for your email.
The best way to get XRay to address the issues with the XB4 is to contact them at [email protected]. The more people that speak up the better the chances are to get a solution from the manufacturer.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losi b
I contacted XRay and Mario Hudy responded by saying that they have only had a a few complaints of cars breaking other than me. He stated that they have responded to any issues brought up on the "XRay forums". They do not read this thread, only the forums that they have on thier website. I gave him the link to this thread and I explained that there have been a lot of diff gear, shock towers and bulk head failures. I also explained that many manufacturers constantly monitor the rctech threads about thier cars in order to keep thier customers happy. I got a thank you for your email.
The best way to get XRay to address the issues with the XB4 is to contact them at [email protected]. The more people that speak up the better the chances are to get a solution from the manufacturer.
Staying with the FS2 suddenly becomes much more appealing....
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Boiling parts question

I'm considering the idea of boiling the bulkheads...but have a concern. How much more forgiving will the part be? What I'm worried about is that there may end up being too much flex in the bearing area as a result...and then that area will end up with too much play. Thoughts?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No disrespect to those that boiling their bulkheads or thinking about doing it. Only thing that goes into my pot and on my stove is my food. For the last maybe 10-15 pages contains nothing but here “how I made my tower stronger” or “here is how I braced my bulkheads” or “if I do this if I do that, would it make my this and my that not breaking from a small crashed”.

What we should have been reading here is “Here is my setup, you may need to add a little camber” or “You may need to make this longer and make that shorter for your low bite track”.

According to ChirsP, Xray have something in the oven. Maybe ChrisP knew something Mario didn’t.

Gosh, I miss the QUALITY of my Xray FK05, all I had to do was put it together and race! Now that’s meeting my needs and exceeding my expectations.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
Staying with the FS2 suddenly becomes much more appealing....
there is a really nice one for sale in the classifieds...
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For the last maybe 10-15 pages contains nothing but here “how I made my tower stronger” or “here is how I braced my bulkheads” or “if I do this if I do that, would it make my this and my that not breaking from a small crashed”.
What we should have been reading here is “Here is my setup, you may need to add a little camber” or “You may need to make this longer and make that shorter for your low bite track”.
It's hard to not see the monster in the room. Almost everyone loves the car as I do but clearly they have a couple small issues.
And frankly seeing and hearing other peoples issues and fixes helps me feel a little better.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Just for clarifaction, and I am in no way trolling, have you broken anything on yours?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I hope this will work :-) See the link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83964783/.fa..._541115409.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.