Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
I have seen Jamie's car and it does look awesome.

First car, first batch. Wasn't there a prob with the first batch of RB6s?
You may be thinking of the Tekno EB48. A highly anticipated kit. They had some flaws on the first run. Yet from the 1st kit sent the factory support from that moment was flawless, even to this day has been monitored from post to post by the owner and the racers who tested it. The confidence to the buyer was priceless. Immediate factory support backed with immediate warranty. Quick fixes or defects were addressed on the spot posts.

Now Xray an even more anticipated kit.
Advertised by Xray factory support? I don't read it anywhere in this thread. Maybe the holidays? I don't know but they could learn some customer service tips from Tekno.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
You may be thinking of the Tekno EB48. A highly anticipated kit. They had some flaws on the first run. Yet from the 1st kit sent the factory support from that moment was flawless, even to this day has been monitored from post to post by the owner and the racers who tested it. The confidence to the buyer was priceless. Immediate factory support backed with immediate warranty. Quick fixes or defects were addressed on the spot posts.

Now Xray an even more anticipated kit.
Advertised by Xray factory support? I don't read it anywhere in this thread. Maybe the holidays? I don't know but they could learn some customer service tips from Tekno.
Most of the larger companies are pretty pathetic when it comes to really monitoring and correcting issues with their products in a timely manner. Don't get me started with Losi's diff pin debacle with their SCTE. Tekno is in a league of their own because they are small and started off as a company fixing other companies problems. So they know the issues the average joe faces and wants in a car. Most of the major companies are too far removed from the weekend racer needs and the cars are designed by the accounting departments. It is almost like they forgot who really buys their cars. They design them for Pros but sell to Joes. There is a disconnect.

These companies could talk to like 20 knowledgable power users on this board and really develop some good products.

The other issue is that too many of the larger companies think testing a product means giving it to your world champion to drive. That means nothing to the average joe. Products need to be tested by weekend hacks to find the REAL PROBLEMS with a kit. Can the average joe drive it with a crappy setup? Does the car break after average joe lawndarts it or clips a tube 2 out of 3 laps? This is testing.

With that said, Xray quality (at least with their 8th scale) is definitely superior. Car was practically indestructible. I was hoping they used the same plastic from the 808/xb9 on their 10th scale stuff. I don't get why these companies cheap out on these cars with cheaper plastic and other corner cutting. 10th scale can be as durable as 8th scale if the companies would just use the same plastic and thickness in some key areas. It isn't a budget class, so I don't get why they feel the need to cheap out on key components.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
I have seen Jamie's car and it does look awesome.

First car, first batch. Wasn't there a prob with the first batch of RB6s?
Just cosmetic. Nothing this drastic. I do agree though on the ball cup theory that its too hard to pop off. I am going to try with durango or schumi ball cups (non HD grey ones), those pop off very easily. If they are too soft then I will use kyosho ones.

I do not think everyone cheaps out on the plastics on the 1/10 cars. It just is perception. Going at 35 mph 1/8 scale is 70mph slower in scale speed to 35 mph in a 1/10 scaler. Do that math, put in things like 2 pole motors which are weak to push heavier weights and they have to cut weight somewhere.

Now I am all for a shrunken losi scte style 1/10 scaler, chuck in a 4 pole motor, saddle packs with more oomph, a nice 1/8 scale esc and off you go.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Almost ready for the tiosc this weekend in tenn
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-001.jpg  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Is this your first xray? Because they have unmatched quality(usually). The 3 problem areas are major ares. Not like a servo saver or rear hinge pin. Xray is known for quality. Everyday in this thread people are breaking towers and bulkheads. If it cant make it through a race. I have no use for it.
this is my 4th xray car.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know a lot of people are still waiting for kits, but has anyone found a different brand of spur gear that will work yet? A 27t pinion is the biggest I can fit with the 81t spur and its not quite big enough since we run boosted 21.5 as stock in nz. The durango spurs don't fit because the center hole is too big. Hopefully xray comes up with some smaller spurs soon!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rampokker
I know a lot of people are still waiting for kits, but has anyone found a different brand of spur gear that will work yet? A 27t pinion is the biggest I can fit with the 81t spur and its not quite big enough since we run boosted 21.5 as stock in nz. The durango spurs don't fit because the center hole is too big. Hopefully xray comes up with some smaller spurs soon!
It really looks like an AE spur, tried that one yet? They should make down to a 78 I believe.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

AE spurs do fit.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TSR TOWERS

Test fit of 1st cut;

Old 12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

I'm going to make some Plexi towers. I did that to my B44 a couple of years ago and they never broke and are cheap at 4$ a piece.

Even though I like the carbon towers though, but 70$ for two is just too much for me.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
DZM
Tech Apprentice

Default First test

After first run about 1h.30m. all works perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHXhXi79nwE
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DZM
After first run about 1h.30m. all works perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHXhXi79nwE
The car barely jumped off the ground. Of course it's going to be perfect
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Saw an XB4 yesrterday, looked great on track.

Landed a double a lil off centre, snapped the rear suspension tower.

Disappointing really, I really liked this car.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

This is what I don't understand about manufacturers. They only test their kits with sponsored level drivers and they say their car is bullet proof. How are these issues not seen during development. They need to have production level kits in the hands of intermediate to entry level drivers and take it from there. I don't get it!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I was really looking forward to running this thing. Not so much anymore. I'm not really interested in spending $430+ on a kit. Then having to spend another $100 on parts just to keep it together. All thicker towers are going to do is destroy bulkheads.

Disappointing to say the least.

I think I'll be holding off buying one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.