Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thanks you ....

thank you thats really nice i didnt see your offer tell it was to late.
thank you again .

ive improved my lap times with the xb4....
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
So how do you like it compared to the K1?
They are two very different cars. I'm still trying setups and running both. The XB4 is amazingly easy to drive. The K1 takes a little more finess. It's very twichy in comparison but drivews very well in it's own way. Still not decided, but at this point, I'm about 1/2 second faster with the XB4. Only down fall is it keeps breaking. Broke rear tower at bottom (upgrade kit will fix that) and the aformentioned rear upright (my fault, I was really pushing it with the triple). I've yet to drive them back to back as I broke a suspension block on the K1 lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by poorboy racing
anybody know were i can get the outdrives for the rear diff for the xb4 , i broke mine and a main is back ordered....

need help getting it back on the track...
try,stomer hobbies. good inventory! i bought my fair share, not so sure about xb4.drive pins flying out ,shock towers breaking,diff gears melting.i put 2 shims each .sounds much better. shims came from stomer. i have not built my shocks yet. waiting for more damage reports! only two diff and they leak.not leak free as adv. so more oil changes. not happy about 2.5x8 mm fh should be 3x 8 min less change of stripping and no more leak .diff bulkheads breaking,maybe do to drive pins flying out .
Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theibault
They are two very different cars. I'm still trying setups and running both. The XB4 is amazingly easy to drive. The K1 takes a little more finess. It's very twichy in comparison but drivews very well in it's own way. Still not decided, but at this point, I'm about 1/2 second faster with the XB4. Only down fall is it keeps breaking. Broke rear tower at bottom (upgrade kit will fix that) and the aformentioned rear upright (my fault, I was really pushing it with the triple). I've yet to drive them back to back as I broke a suspension block on the K1 lol.
Haha nice was curious, my tracks full of b44.2 and 1 sx3 so no ways to compare!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

I'm going to drive the XB4 on a indoor track this Saturday.

Will play with the shocks this time. I just need a little bit more corner speed. My car now just doesn't hook into the corners right.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default A Main Hobbies

I called them last weekend and was told it would be approx 1.5 weeks till they received them. They apparently already have the list of purchasers set up...so shipping should be pretty soon after they receive them. Anyone that buys one from that point on will receive the update bag with the box at this point (the boxes aren't being shipped to distributors with the upgrades in them yet). Try to be patient and cross those fingers as you wreck on the track for now.

I still opted to go with the shock towers from the guy selling them in this forum...$40 is tough to beat for a set of towers. I'll be adding the NT1 gears as well...if the current ones strip. I'm going to ride these out till then just for curiosity. About those internal gears...I opened mine up the other day...no sign of leakage...but the fluid was gone in mine too. I think we should push Xray to market their stuff as 'Phantom Diff Fluid'. I'm not a marketing guy...but that just sounds luxury to me ;P
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I know at least two drivers from Sweden that got the upgrade package yesterday... so at least it exists
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've had 2 race nights and a practice day with the buggy so far. Very easy to drive and likes to be pushed hard in the corners. I went with Losi 40wt all around as I felt the stock oil was too light for me. Indoor astro track with only one difficult jump section.

Cartwheeled the buggy a good number of times during qualifying last night, but it took it in stride and kept on rockin'. I haven't driven 4wd mod in about 3-4 years and the xb4 definitely made me look good lol. Q'd 3rd overall and took 2nd in the main.

The only thing I've done to mine is hacksaw a front tower brace out of aluminum, just like the upgrade piece that we will receive (holding up fine for now).

I also have the disappearing diff fluid like the rest of you, but the spider gears look fine so far. I have my slipper pretty loose and at lowest punch setting with a 6.5 motor.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

What pinion gears is everyone using? Have a Novak 6.5T bolted up, and was wondering where to start.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Swaybarz
What pinion gears is everyone using? Have a Novak 6.5T bolted up, and was wondering where to start.
with my old orion 6.5 was using a 19T. With the new faster more powerful tekin gen 2 6.5 using a 17T. Will temp her at the races saturday but 17 is plenty fast with 81 spur.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scottreida
I called them last weekend and was told it would be approx 1.5 weeks till they received them. They apparently already have the list of purchasers set up...so shipping should be pretty soon after they receive them. Anyone that buys one from that point on will receive the update bag with the box at this point (the boxes aren't being shipped to distributors with the upgrades in them yet). Try to be patient and cross those fingers as you wreck on the track for now.

I still opted to go with the shock towers from the guy selling them in this forum...$40 is tough to beat for a set of towers. I'll be adding the NT1 gears as well...if the current ones strip. I'm going to ride these out till then just for curiosity. About those internal gears...I opened mine up the other day...no sign of leakage...but the fluid was gone in mine too. I think we should push Xray to market their stuff as 'Phantom Diff Fluid'. I'm not a marketing guy...but that just sounds luxury to me ;P
Originally Posted by j0pp3
I know at least two drivers from Sweden that got the upgrade package yesterday... so at least it exists
Upgrade kits are in stock here in Norway as well so they should be close for those living outside of Europe

Bent
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Swaybarz
Running 20T pinion with stock 81T spur, Tekin Gen2 6.5T motor, RS Pro with stock timing and 20 boost on a medium size track.

Temps beautifully even after 15 min runs

Bent
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BentKa
Running 20T pinion with stock 81T spur, Tekin Gen2 6.5T motor, RS Pro with stock timing and 20 boost on a medium size track.

Temps beautifully even after 15 min runs

Bent
Yeah those tekin gen2s are marvels. They have insane pull and speed and not even get warm. Got one in my rb6 as well amazed at the performance.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

New shock towers look factory!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Oli
Tech Rookie

Yep, I got my free upgrade kit a few days ago here in the UK, so they're definitely making their way out to everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.