Like Tree129Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Reply

Old 02-06-2019, 08:32 AM
  #13051  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,953
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maraach View Post
I'm not sure this is correct. Pretty sure the AE rear rim and xb4 rear rims are the same. The fronts is where they differ.

At least that's what the proline support guys told me and ty tessman runs 2736-04 as his rears
So, what do we need to do to run AE front rims?
offroad dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:37 AM
  #13052  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
So, what do we need to do to run AE front rims?
2 strip fronts, 3 strips rear, or so I was told a few months back.

I did try my B64 wheels on a friends Ď19 spec car, there was a small, but noticeable difference between the AE & kit wheels.
John Myall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:04 AM
  #13053  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,953
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post


2 strip fronts, 3 strips rear, or so I was told a few months back.

I did try my B64 wheels on a friends Ď19 spec car, there was a small, but noticeable difference between the AE & kit wheels.
Would you happen to have the part numbers.
offroad dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM
  #13054  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
Would you happen to have the part numbers.

I think itís these, XR365356 for the 2 strip, XR365357, for the 3 strips. I didnít go for the XB4 in the end, so didnít need to buy any hexes.
John Myall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:35 PM
  #13055  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 105
Default

Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
So, what do we need to do to run AE front rims?
Honestly I could never work it out. I ended up just keeping my as rears and getting the proline xb4 fronts.

I'm really curious to hear the end of This as well. All I've been told to date is that rears are standard but fronts differ. I would be surprised if rear needed 3 stripe to work but let me know how you go.
offroad dude likes this.
Maraach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:15 AM
  #13056  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 43
Default Xb4 front arms

Hi I have my xb4 for a year and really like how it drives. The only problem I have is the front arms, I have broken about 6 arms. Tried medium and hard with same result, Do you guys think the graphite arms is stronger?
stinger84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:14 AM
  #13057  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Pville Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stinger84 View Post
Hi I have my xb4 for a year and really like how it drives. The only problem I have is the front arms, I have broken about 6 arms. Tried medium and hard with same result, Do you guys think the graphite arms is stronger?
The Medium arm is the most durable. Graphite is more brittle and easier to break.
rippen likes this.
Pville Stig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:18 AM
  #13058  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Default

I am a newb and i have been running a 18 xb4 and just ordered a 19 and tips on the build? Thanks
Lucky777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:27 AM
  #13059  
Tech Elite
 
Zerodefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,386
Default

Use cap head screws on the bulk heads, and MIP SAE drivers.
Zerodefect is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 AM
  #13060  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Use cap head screws on the bulk heads, and MIP SAE drivers.
MIP tools check and thanks
Lucky777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 AM
  #13061  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
snwchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,542
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Just started running 13.5 class with the XB4 and using Reds 13.5 motor with 30* can timing and HW V2.1 ESC and running 81/24 gearing.
This past weekend, felt like I was being pulled on the straight on the track (60'-75') by a couple guys and cars looked like MOD in the 13.5 class, LOL

I have a 78 spur I'm thinking about trying to see if that will help get some speed and trying to figure out pinion gear either 24 or 25 and if should also turn up timing on the motor can.

Thanks
Chris
snwchris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:43 AM
  #13062  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 162
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
Just started running 13.5 class with the XB4 and using Reds 13.5 motor with 30* can timing and HW V2.1 ESC and running 81/24 gearing.
This past weekend, felt like I was being pulled on the straight on the track (60'-75') by a couple guys and cars looked like MOD in the 13.5 class, LOL

I have a 78 spur I'm thinking about trying to see if that will help get some speed and trying to figure out pinion gear either 24 or 25 and if should also turn up timing on the motor can.

Thanks
Chris
I don't know anything about the Reds motor. But 30* of timing and gearing at 81/24 seems really low to me. What temp is your motor coming off the track at?

I run a Reedy S + 13.5 and my timing is 37* and I am geared at 78/26 and the buggy is as fast as any other on the track. If the Reds motor is high rpm like the Reedy you might want to try this to start and check temps.
Kelseyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:33 PM
  #13063  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
snwchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,542
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stinger84 View Post
Hi I have my xb4 for a year and really like how it drives. The only problem I have is the front arms, I have broken about 6 arms. Tried medium and hard with same result, Do you guys think the graphite arms is stronger?
I have a 16 XB4 that I've been running for 3 yrs now and have only broken 3 arms.
Either your crashing alot and need to slow down or run cleaner or something in the suspension is binding causing unusual amount of broken arms.
snwchris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 PM
  #13064  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
snwchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,542
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc View Post
I don't know anything about the Reds motor. But 30* of timing and gearing at 81/24 seems really low to me. What temp is your motor coming off the track at?

I run a Reedy S + 13.5 and my timing is 37* and I am geared at 78/26 and the buggy is as fast as any other on the track. If the Reds motor is high rpm like the Reedy you might want to try this to start and check temps.
Thanks will try that out.
This past weekend it was temping out at 158* with a fan behind the motor.
snwchris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:20 PM
  #13065  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 162
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
Thanks will try that out.
This past weekend it was temping out at 158* with a fan behind the motor.
That seems really hot based on your gearing. With my setup the Reedy only gets up to around 135*. Have you checked to see if anything is binding in your drivetrain?
Kelseyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service