Like Tree120Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 09:26 AM
  #12391  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Looking for a body for my 15 xb4 just wondering if anyone has tried any other brand bodies that work?
Expose193 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:58 PM
  #12392  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (34)
 
E-Mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Expose193 View Post
Looking for a body for my 15 xb4 just wondering if anyone has tried any other brand bodies that work?
The AE B64 works with some trimming. I like it better than the jc body that is for the 2015 XB4. Here is a link to pic posted a while back
R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
E-Mann is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:20 PM
  #12393  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
frankf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Victoria
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I have an exotek alloy steering rack are there any reasons to not fit it?
frankf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:09 AM
  #12394  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Pine Barrons
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Tony I'll check it out, and more then likely throw it on when I get the time.
racingnewb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:57 PM
  #12395  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
fast-ho-cars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: it's a dry heat
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Expose193 View Post
Looking for a body for my 15 xb4 just wondering if anyone has tried any other brand bodies that work?
not sure about that year. i have a 16 with some upgrades to make it near 17. the body use was i think released 4 or more years ago

i use the JConcepts Finnisher xray xb4 #0258 body, and two xray 361320 body posts to mount it. i had to trim the left and right aft bottom corners to clear side guards, other than that, fits perfect. you may not have to do that on a 2015 model? kit comes with one 361320 body post just needed a second for the front. you can also look at other brands of body posts
fast-ho-cars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:38 PM
  #12396  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars View Post
not sure about that year. i have a 16 with some upgrades to make it near 17. the body use was i think released 4 or more years ago

i use the JConcepts Finnisher xray xb4 #0258 body, and two xray 361320 body posts to mount it. i had to trim the left and right aft bottom corners to clear side guards, other than that, fits perfect. you may not have to do that on a 2015 model? kit comes with one 361320 body post just needed a second for the front. you can also look at other brands of body posts
Cool thanks I'll give it try
Expose193 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:49 PM
  #12397  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know if the B64d center gear diff would fit the xb4 2017. Im pretty happy with the slipper, but just wanted ro experiment with a center diff
AE diff is about 30 dollars, xray is about 60. I looked at pictures and seems almost the same Thanks
AJrollin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:11 PM
  #12398  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (34)
 
E-Mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AJrollin View Post
Does anyone know if the B64d center gear diff would fit the xb4 2017. Im pretty happy with the slipper, but just wanted ro experiment with a center diff
AE diff is about 30 dollars, xray is about 60. I looked at pictures and seems almost the same Thanks
Nope. The B64 center gear diff is about 1/4 inch shorter. So the bearings don't fit in the xb4 mount and the drive shaft is too short to reach the outdrive. And for anyone wondering the spur gears are not compatible either.
E-Mann is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:32 PM
  #12399  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Pville Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AJrollin View Post
Does anyone know if the B64d center gear diff would fit the xb4 2017. Im pretty happy with the slipper, but just wanted ro experiment with a center diff
AE diff is about 30 dollars, xray is about 60. I looked at pictures and seems almost the same Thanks
Like most things with xray you get what you pay for. The quality of the part is worth the difference in price.
Pville Stig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:38 PM
  #12400  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pville Stig View Post
Like most things with xray you get what you pay for. The quality of the part is worth the difference in price.
Ok thanks
AJrollin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:32 AM
  #12401  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,872
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Personally, I prefer the slipper/delete over the C diff on almost all conditions. If I were running on very low bite with a mod motor, that's where I'd prefer the the C diff.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM
  #12402  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,279
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

the slipper delete in superstock 13.5 is a very good upgrade.
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:13 AM
  #12403  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 743
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Who makes a delete?
Sean B. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:46 AM
  #12404  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,279
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Who makes a delete?
Think it's called vision racing products. Have to verify. They are based in Houston. I bought mine at a race.
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:38 PM
  #12405  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Pville Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Think it's called vision racing products. Have to verify. They are based in Houston. I bought mine at a race.
RC Shox. Marcus Williams.
Pville Stig is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service