R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree62Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #10441
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
i know right. or someone built them all to sell for a profit to someone in need haha.

I was hoping someone would post a real chart of AE springs vs the xb4 springs. Ive seen one but it didnt seem right to me
I have gone through and calculated the rates and have them marked on a chart at home. I'll post up what I think they compare to. Remind me if I forget.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #10442
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 87
Default Springs help

Let me try to help for people wondering about xray springs.

If you multiply the xray spring rate by 5.71, you will get the rate that most every other manufacturer uses.

For example:
Front springs - Linear 1dot C= (I only see an xb2 1 dot spring and don't know if it would be the same for the XB4)
Front springs - Linear 2 dot C=0.65 or 3.71 lbs/inch
Front springs - Linear 3 dot C=0.72 or 4.11 lbs/inch
Front springs - Linear 4 dot C=0.80 or 4.56 lbs/inch

Rear springs - Linear 1 dot C= .35 or 1.99 lbs/inch
Rear springs - Linear 2 dot C= .40 or 2.28 lbs/inch
Rear springs - Linear 3 dot C= .45 or 2.56 lbs/inch
Rear springs - Linear 4 dot C= .50 or 2.85 lbs/inch

The link below has most of all springs on one chart for reference.
http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Freeski; 02-18-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added 4 dot rear
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 PM   #10443
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
You are correct my friend. They must have just arrived as I know a lot of new parts were listed in stock yesterday but the 1 dot rears were listed as out of stock. Thanks for the heads up my friend.

Symmetricon,

Thank you for the offer my friend I greatly appreciate it. No need to check to see if you have extras as Amain has them listed in stock as we speak.

Thanks Fellas as always the help on this thread is greatly appreciated.
Not sure if you were able to get a pair ordered before they went on back order, but my local track has the 1 dot in stock.(At least they did when I was there on sunday) SCVRC is the track and if you call or contact them on facebook they can ship to you.
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:15 PM   #10444
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeski View Post
Let me try to help for people wondering about xray springs.

If you multiply the xray spring rate by 5.71, you will get the rate that most every other manufacturer uses.

For example:
Front springs - Linear 1dot C= (I only see an xb2 1 dot spring and don't know if it would be the same for the XB4)
Front springs - Linear 2 dot C=0.65 or 3.71 lbs/inch
Front springs - Linear 3 dot C=0.72 or 4.11 lbs/inch
Front springs - Linear 4 dot C=0.80 or 4.56 lbs/inch

Rear springs - Linear 1 dot C= .35 or 1.99 lbs/inch
Rear springs - Linear 2 dot C= .40 or 2.28 lbs/inch
Rear springs - Linear 3 dot C= .45 or 2.56 lbs/inch
Rear springs - Linear 4 dot C= .50 or 2.85 lbs/inch

The link below has most of all springs on one chart for reference.
http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf

Hope this helps.
Yes the 1 dot the same XB4 and XB2. I'll double check but I believe they are basically Kyosho spring rates if you look on the chart you linked to.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #10445
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Yes the 1 dot the same XB4 and XB2. I'll double check but I believe they are basically Kyosho spring rates if you look on the chart you linked to.
I looked everywhere and can't find the C rating for the 1 dot front. Someone else will have to chime in.

If I had to guess, it's probably around C=.59 or 3.36 lbs/inch, but I'm totally guessing.
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #10446
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeski View Post
I looked everywhere and can't find the C rating for the 1 dot front. Someone else will have to chime in.

If I had to guess, it's probably around C=.59 or 3.36 lbs/inch, but I'm totally guessing.
On the xray Brano Bulko says it's: Front Linear 1dot C=0.65

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=13202
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:15 PM   #10447
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,056
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

*** Anyone running the Cactus Classic in a couple weeks? ***
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #10448
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
*** Anyone running the Cactus Classic in a couple weeks? ***
It's my understanding that sign ups are very low this year.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #10449
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
On the xray Brano Bulko says it's: Front Linear 1dot C=0.65

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=13202
I saw that, but I don't think that Brano is correct. Here is a link to a picture of the springs. There is a picture of the package which shows the C rate.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...368184/p247435
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #10450
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,757
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
You are correct my friend. They must have just arrived as I know a lot of new parts were listed in stock yesterday but the 1 dot rears were listed as out of stock. Thanks for the heads up my friend.

Symmetricon,

Thank you for the offer my friend I greatly appreciate it. No need to check to see if you have extras as Amain has them listed in stock as we speak.

Thanks Fellas as always the help on this thread is greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the late response, send me your address and I'll mail you a pair.
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #10451
Tech Regular
 
jt409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Point, Oregon
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried using the new bulkhead from the 16 on the 15? Does it work. I'd like to get the extra durability if possible.
__________________
Mackinaker
jt409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #10452
Tech Master
 
jmcelroy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,008
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt409 View Post
Has anyone tried using the new bulkhead from the 16 on the 15? Does it work. I'd like to get the extra durability if possible.
Yes, the front fits with no issues, the rear you need to dremel to shock tower to clear the ribs.
__________________
EB48.4 - TEKIN RX8 & SMC 2100
EB410 - TEKIN RSX & ORCA 5.5
RC10B6 - HW Justock & 24K 17.5
jmcelroy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #10453
Tech Addict
 
cclifton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 680
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to cclifton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt409 View Post
Has anyone tried using the new bulkhead from the 16 on the 15? Does it work. I'd like to get the extra durability if possible.

Did someone get that 2015 you guys were talking about last night? Now I may have to find a new wheeler
__________________
The Fleet:Xray:XT2 - Associated B6, B64 - Serpent SRX2 MH
Poorboy Raceway and Hobbies
Grants Pass, OR
cclifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #10454
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeski View Post
I saw that, but I don't think that Brano is correct. Here is a link to a picture of the springs. There is a picture of the package which shows the C rate.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...368184/p247435
You are correct - I looked at my springs this morning and the 2 dot is C=0.65 printed right on the package. It's missing from the 1 dot package.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #10455
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
You are correct - I looked at my springs this morning and the 2 dot is C=0.65 printed right on the package. It's missing from the 1 dot package.
Weird how they have the C rating on every package but the 1 dot. I'll keep checking and update the chart if I can find out.
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-31-2016 12:53 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net