Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Hey guys I don't have time to read through 695 pages but coming from Team Associated what could I expect from this car?

I'm thinking about switching teams later this year
Comparing them out of the box I'd say better quality and every AE owner knows about the front arms. The Xray goes together much better, on the track performance is better IMO. Parts will be easier to get for the AE but that's about all I can give to their 4wd. If they redesign and give it the same toughness as the B5 then this question might have a different different input. You will enjoy the 2016 😊
Old 02-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ktoboll
Question,I am currently running the stock set up in shorty set up and I'm having issues with the xb4 nose diving as it comes off jumps.I`m running a center diff with 100k and stock fluids in the shocks,everything is set up for our local carpet track.I know this sounds like a rookie question but it's driving me nuts and never had this issue with my zx6 and Dex 410v4.Ive had people tell me to change shock fluids and diff fluids but would that really make a difference with it nose diving even when on the throttle to correct it,still that doesn't matter most of the time either.
Any input would be greatly appreciated
The car just seems front heavy to me.I added some weight to the rear as I felt this was the quickest and easiest fix to the issue.
I have a race tonight and if any one could lead me in the right direction that would be awesome as no one races this car at my local track it's all TLR and associated with a few kyoshos mixed in.I have really considered going back to the zx6 but I haven't really given this car the fair chance it deserves.

Thanks for listening
Our 13-15 cars have always jumped mostly nose down. It helps with keeping the throttle on for fast landings. The front bumper design collects clay like a shovel which adds more weight to the front also.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Medium chassis rails, ECS front and rears, plus miscellaneous parts arrived today from The XRAY-Shop Austria. Order with confidence.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ktoboll
Question,I am currently running the stock set up in shorty set up and I'm having issues with the xb4 nose diving as it comes off jumps.I`m running a center diff with 100k and stock fluids in the shocks,everything is set up for our local carpet track.I know this sounds like a rookie question but it's driving me nuts and never had this issue with my zx6 and Dex 410v4.Ive had people tell me to change shock fluids and diff fluids but would that really make a difference with it nose diving even when on the throttle to correct it,still that doesn't matter most of the time either.
Any input would be greatly appreciated
The car just seems front heavy to me.I added some weight to the rear as I felt this was the quickest and easiest fix to the issue.
I have a race tonight and if any one could lead me in the right direction that would be awesome as no one races this car at my local track it's all TLR and associated with a few kyoshos mixed in.I have really considered going back to the zx6 but I haven't really given this car the fair chance it deserves.

Thanks for listening
du
use 2 hole 1.6 and 1.7 hole pistons front and rear, or try the 2+2 schelle pistons which are 1.1 x1.5 and 1.1 x 1.6 with 37.5wt and 32.5wt in the shocks. I would also raise your ride height as the chassis might be slapping the face of the jump causing the car to give a dive affect... Also might be dump but make sure you dont have any drag break, i know that can cause a car to nose dive.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Hey guys I don't have time to read through 695 pages but coming from Team Associated what could I expect from this car?

I'm thinking about switching teams later this year
Well put it this way.
A friend got half way through assembling his Associated before selling it and buying a XB4
Old 02-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default xb4 16

with the stock wheels, what size tires should I be looking for. I see 2.2, 2.4, 60mm while shopping...

I know the stock wheel hex is 14mm, what would be the reason I switch to 12mm?

thanks for any info
Old 02-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigz84
with the stock wheels, what size tires should I be looking for. I see 2.2, 2.4, 60mm while shopping...

I know the stock wheel hex is 14mm, what would be the reason I switch to 12mm?

thanks for any info
2.2 withe the stock rims. If you decide to go with 12mm hexes I like XRAY's +.75 12mm hexes up front and +1.5 12mm hexes in the rear. This combo allows me to run a lot of different brands rims which allows for lots of track width tuning options.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by randy0025
du
use 2 hole 1.6 and 1.7 hole pistons front and rear, or try the 2+2 schelle pistons which are 1.1 x1.5 and 1.1 x 1.6 with 37.5wt and 32.5wt in the shocks. I would also raise your ride height as the chassis might be slapping the face of the jump causing the car to give a dive affect... Also might be dump but make sure you dont have any drag break, i know that can cause a car to nose dive.
+1 on Randy's suggestion of using: 1.1 X 1.5 up front and 1.1 X 1.6 in the rear.
I used this on my 15 and am doing the same with my 16.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:56 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...-1.6-f/p252859

Will these fit the XB4 shocks?
Old 02-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
No. You need xb4 specific avid, schelle or xray pistons.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bd581
Well put it this way.
A friend got half way through assembling his Associated before selling it and buying a XB4
haha nice. I drove a XB2 today and was super impressed. I'm sure the XB4 will blow me away too.

Can't wait for my Bday to come!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

We sold our first Xray car this week. XB4s took 1st and 2nd in 4 wheel buggy today and Friday! I got beat by the new one. They have been doing great on low/med traction blue groove right out of the box. They are holding up well too. I haven't broken anything in 2 months. At the rate I'm going I'll be getting a new car before I break or wear anything out!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ECS Review

Originally Posted by Norse
Medium chassis rails, ECS front and rears, plus miscellaneous parts arrived today from The XRAY-Shop Austria. Order with confidence.
Norse,

Notice any difference with the ECS driveshafts when compared to the stock?

Lap times different? Car easier to drive? Noticed no difference?

Please share when you get a moment. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Freeski
Norse,

Notice any difference with the ECS driveshafts when compared to the stock?

Lap times different? Car easier to drive? Noticed no difference?

Please share when you get a moment. Thanks.
Hello Freeski,

I landed a couple nice 360 super tweaked tip drops this past weekend.

On the ECS driveshafts I have not yet installed them but am planning on getting them built and in tonight. Thus i wont be testing at the track until this weekend, however i will let you know if I see and hear any difference during the bench test. I know thats not much of an update, but i definitely will update after I run on the track. I can say that using SpecR fronts on the 15 provided, smoother steering on and off power, thus even more so running at highspeeds. I can only imagine that running Xray's new front and rear ECS driveshafts is going to be highly noticeable in improving everything.

A friend of mine whom only races on road, and has done so competitively for many years, said that he used drive shafts much like the new ECS in his on road race rigs and said are so beneficial that he could not imagining running without them. His thoughts even though he does not race on dirt, was the ECS shafts with there much smoother rotation, decreased vibration and close to zero chatter would be just as beneficial or even more so on off road.

I guess it makes sense when you think about it. How many out there balance their wheels? Alot. Now imaging having drive shafts that are much more balanced, thus smoother on and off power, thus no slop, decreased chatter, less friction within their rotation. I am looking forward to truly seeing how these work and will update with my honest opinion.

Have a great day my friend
Old 02-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Getting the XB4 dialed in and running super smooth on medium grip carpet with ECS driveshafts front and rear

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.