Like Tree114Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Reply

Old 02-06-2016, 05:20 PM
  #10321  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
no thats for the 15 spec. here is the one you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Ray-Xb4-4w...EAAOSw14xWLRVE
randy0025 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:02 PM
  #10322  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
no thats for the 15 spec. here is the one you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Ray-Xb4-4w...EAAOSw14xWLRVE
I'm an idiot, thanks a bunch!
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:04 PM
  #10323  
Tech Apprentice
 
jordan860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: RcMadness, CT
Posts: 80
Default

Can anyone tell me what thicker front diff fluid will do on medium/high grip. Will this help on power steering? I'm getting 20 different answers. As of right now I'm running 5k rear and 10k front.
jordan860 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:53 PM
  #10324  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
Default

What drive shaft pin replacement tool is everyone using?
turtle189 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:43 PM
  #10325  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jordan860 View Post
Can anyone tell me what thicker front diff fluid will do on medium/high grip. Will this help on power steering? I'm getting 20 different answers. As of right now I'm running 5k rear and 10k front.
For medium high grip, I would stick with 10K up front and test both 7K and 10K. I like 7K on medium to medium-high and 10K on medium-high to high grip. Just today, I was running 7K and the car wasn't quite right so I went up to 10K and it was fantastic.
gticlay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:57 AM
  #10326  
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,168
Default

Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
What drive shaft pin replacement tool is everyone using?
Hudy and the bench vise, don't ever bother with a hammer.
UK.hardcore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:01 AM
  #10327  
Tech Apprentice
 
jordan860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: RcMadness, CT
Posts: 80
Default

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
For medium high grip, I would stick with 10K up front and test both 7K and 10K. I like 7K on medium to medium-high and 10K on medium-high to high grip. Just today, I was running 7K and the car wasn't quite right so I went up to 10K and it was fantastic.
Ok thanks I'll try that today.
jordan860 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:10 AM
  #10328  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 261
Default

can you get a small enough spur for this buggy for 13.5 or do you modify a associated gear thanks in advance.
ScottZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:55 AM
  #10329  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

Hey guys!

Would you sell your xb4 2014 for a 2016 chassis ? or buy a new basher-crawler whatever?

Thanks in advance.
grifind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 AM
  #10330  
Tech Apprentice
 
jordan860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: RcMadness, CT
Posts: 80
Default

Originally Posted by ScottZ View Post
can you get a small enough spur for this buggy for 13.5 or do you modify a associated gear thanks in advance.
Xray makes smaller spurs I run 75/26 on my 13.5
jordan860 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:31 PM
  #10331  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 3,083
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grifind View Post
Hey guys!

Would you sell your xb4 2014 for a 2016 chassis ? or buy a new basher-crawler whatever?

Thanks in advance.
Nothing wrong with the 2014 car. If it's in good shape I would keep it. I've had 2014 thru 2016 and my 2014 car was just as good as any of them.
rcgod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:32 PM
  #10332  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Nothing wrong with the 2014 car. If it's in good shape I would keep it. I've had 2014 thru 2016 and my 2014 car was just as good as any of them.
thats what im thinking as well... so the question is Summit or Slash for bashing :P
grifind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:49 PM
  #10333  
Tech Apprentice
 
jordan860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: RcMadness, CT
Posts: 80
Default

Any tips on the out drives. Mine seem to leak on one side. I built them with grease.
jordan860 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:32 PM
  #10334  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jordan860 View Post
Any tips on the out drives. Mine seem to leak on one side. I built them with grease.
Soak your diff o-rings in a lighter weight oil (EX:shock oil) for a couple hours before installing. I soak diff orings for a couple hours then coat them with green slime before installing.

I do the same for shock orings but only soak them for 10 minutes.
Norse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:47 PM
  #10335  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Is a 13.5 motor enough motor for this car or will it be a slug. I haven't used a 4wd buggy before so sorry if it's a dumb question
rekim is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service