Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree62Likes

Old 01-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #9901
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
Just build my '16.
The rear link didn't fit on the front side of the hub, is this an error in the manual?
It fits fine if you have assembled everything correct.

Picture ?

If you mount the shock tower behind the bulkhead you will not be able to mount the link in front of the upright.

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #9902
Tech Elite

Oh i messed that up. My tower is on the wrong side.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #9903
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
Oh i messed that up. My tower is on the wrong side.
You're not the first

Bent
Old 01-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #9904
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks good to know,where is the best place to order 16 bulkheads in the USA? Also would be nice to see xray make a little brace for the front diff from carbon that connects the lower hole on the front bulk head where the thicker part of the plastic is,everyone of mine has broke off right where the second screw hole goes through it,there is very little plastic there. 10 cents worth of carbon would completly fix that issue,hopefully the reinforced plastic on the back side will solve the issue,but a tiny extension of carbon connecting those 3 holes would certainly bullet proof it further

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
The reinforced bulkheads on the 16 solve this problem. I have had several "questionable" nose dives without any issue... I keep a spare just in case, but I have a feeling it won't be used.

You should be able to get a bulkhead from amain or absolute hobbyz... if neither have it, try calling RC America.

Absolute: http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/XRAY-D..._p_508077.html
Amain: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...362002/p476472
all 3 places are out of stock and on backorder,kinda telling if you ask me. They will have them in another 2 weeks im told,can i buy your spare? im in va and would like to race it this Saturday. Dont wana waste my time with another 15 model bulkhead
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #9905
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
Super helpful info here. I need to invest in those corner scales.

By chance could you post a pic of your entire chassis? I'd like to approximate your electronics / placement with my new build.
Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-20160105_141518.jpg  
Old 01-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #9906
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
thanks good to know,where is the best place to order 16 bulkheads in the USA? Also would be nice to see xray make a little brace for the front diff from carbon that connects the lower hole on the front bulk head where the thicker part of the plastic is,everyone of mine has broke off right where the second screw hole goes through it,there is very little plastic there. 10 cents worth of carbon would completly fix that issue,hopefully the reinforced plastic on the back side will solve the issue,but a tiny extension of carbon connecting those 3 holes would certainly bullet proof it further

all 3 places are out of stock and on backorder,kinda telling if you ask me. They will have them in another 2 weeks im told,can i buy your spare? im in va and would like to race it this Saturday. Dont wana waste my time with another 15 model bulkhead
A brace will not be made by Xray as there's absolutely no need for it with the new stronger than ever bulkheads.

Just because some online stores have sold out doesn't mean anything.
They are back in stock with Xray and all over Europe.
I know shops have sold a ton to people wanting to upgrade their '13, '14 and '15 model XB4's to the newest version.
Then add all the owners of the new '16 that have bought a spare "just in case" and I'm sure you can imagine some shops have had problems keeping them in stock

Bent
Old 01-05-2016, 05:58 PM   #9907
Tech Regular

bentka
RC America said they couldnt get many from xray on their last shipment. all stores in USA are out of stock. I hope your right on the brace not being needed. Ive broken a bunch of these bulkheads,granted we have a very hard clay track with good size jumps. I dont crash much but occasionally other cars touch me in the air,when car comes down to nose hard or upside down and hits front tower,it snaps pretty easy.
guess we will find out soon enough,but if 16 owners are buying extras,confidence must not be all that high in them yet..lol
replacing these is a pita,if it were weak A arms that can be fixed nascar pit crew fast,id just buy a couple and deal with it,like most other 4x buggies
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #9908
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
bentka
RC America said they couldnt get many from xray on their last shipment. all stores in USA are out of stock. I hope your right on the brace not being needed. Ive broken a bunch of these bulkheads,granted we have a very hard clay track with good size jumps. I dont crash much but occasionally other cars touch me in the air,when car comes down to nose hard or upside down and hits front tower,it snaps pretty easy.
guess we will find out soon enough,but if 16 owners are buying extras,confidence must not be all that high in them yet..lol
replacing these is a pita,if it were weak A arms that can be fixed nascar pit crew fast,id just buy a couple and deal with it,like most other 4x buggies
The reason you are seeing them out of stock is because 14 and 15 owners are buying them to update there cars. I'm not worried at all about the bulkhead breaking on my 16 car. I haven't heard about 1 breaking yet.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #9909
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
A brace will not be made by Xray as there's absolutely no need for it with the new stronger than ever bulkheads.

Just because some online stores have sold out doesn't mean anything.
They are back in stock with Xray and all over Europe.
I know shops have sold a ton to people wanting to upgrade their '13, '14 and '15 model XB4's to the newest version.
Then add all the owners of the new '16 that have bought a spare "just in case" and I'm sure you can imagine some shops have had problems keeping them in stock

Bent
People also claimed there was no issue with the car or bulkheads when it came out in '13. History has proven them wrong and I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting a brace or whatever they feel is needed to keep it together.

Now, that's not to say that the bulkheads are an issue on the '16 version but I've still got my '13 car which will now be going on it's third variation of the bulkheads which makes me think that they either got it right on the third try or three strikes and you're out.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #9910
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
I just ordered a 22 3.0, but Kyle Turner is getting the xray. I'll let him be the guinea pig and then sell the losi and get the xray.
+1
Old 01-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #9911
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Good to see Clint getting with Xray now. The xb2 will soon follow I'm sure. Kp your due for one also! Haha
I have my eye on the 2wd but want the dirt version not the carpet. By the time it's released at the end of the month or early Feb it puts me at less than a month before the first big race of the year. The 4wd has been around and the 16 is just the latest version so it will be easy to get use to. The info shared on both threads is a plus. Plan on running the 16 at The Outback Shootout and April fools race.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:12 AM   #9912
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
I made some changes to the car and it would blow your mind how much better it is now compared to when you drove it. This car is like cheating.

I went to 3 hole pistons, took the front top deck off, went to 2 dot front springs, gear diffs with 7k/3k, and moved shocks out on arms. It's like a slot car now. Car is amazing.
what front top brace did you take off your 16spec. or did you switch to the graphite steering brace? ( http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...362581/p476477 )
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:26 AM   #9913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
what front top brace did you take off your 16spec. or did you switch to the graphite steering brace? ( http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...362581/p476477 )
I have the graphite steering brace but wanted to keep my front body post so I cut down the stock brace.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-20160106_062352.jpg  
Old 01-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #9914
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I have the graphite steering brace but wanted to keep my front body post so I cut down the stock brace.
How does this affect / changes the handling of the car on astro or dirt ?
Sergel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #9915
Tech Initiate

I just purchased an xb4 2015, going to be running a shorty. Does anyone have a good setup sheet for high bite clay? I have found a few but a lot of them people are using aftermarket parts like springs and pistons. I would like to set it up using kit parts and after I drive it and tune it a few times potentially change components if I see fit.
j_little3 is offline   Reply With Quote