Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. Jepsen
I have the same problem, the maximum thread I could get was 2mm and the servosaver spring is fully compressed.
Yep that's how mine is and everything is put together right
Old 11-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billsharp34
Yep that's how mine is and everything is put together right
I just put together another servo saver from one of the kits we have here and fully cranked down the exposed threads are 3.7 mm.

So there are some small variations as the one in the car used at the worlds have 4 mm of threads exposed.

Either way thats both of them cranked all the way down

If 2 mm is all you can get now then run it with 2 mm and if you feel it's too loose later on just use a set of pliers and tighten it at the track.

Bent
Old 11-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
I just put together another servo saver from one of the kits we have here and fully cranked down the exposed threads are 3.7 mm.

So there are some small variations as the one in the car used at the worlds have 4 mm of threads exposed.

If 2 mm is all you can get now then run it with 2 mm and if you feel it's too loose later on just use a set of pliers and tighten it at the track.

Bent
Mine was almost 3mm but I will take apart and check it out. It's not really a difficult part to put together correctly
Old 11-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Nothing's better than having dedicated low and high grip cars

And you're welcome. Just happy to be of help as long as people appreciate it

Bent
Definetly agree! And again much appreciation for all your help👍😀
Old 11-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Bent
Bent, do you allways run the servosaver fully cranked down on high grip carpet??

//René
Old 11-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723
Your very welcome brotha! Hope it gets to you before race day!
I think I will be good to go Brudda. Thanks again and will have one coming back your way soon.

Just got an PM from a fellow XB4 racer whom notified me off a race event on the other side of the state. Sounds like a blast thus I definetly am going to try to head out to it.

Let me know how your Sunday racing goes and good luck Brudda. I am thinking you are going to have great results with your new 16.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default Center Slipper Gear

Anyone know where to get the 75 or 78 tooth spur gears for the slipper? I intend on running 13.5 so I'll need something smaller than the kit supplied 81 tooth gear. Preferably I'd like to find one in the USA, but if I had to buy over seas I would.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Amain, discount RC, GS Hobby, or Absolute Hobbyz. All of these are in the states my friend thus I think you will be able to find one at one of the above.

I think Amain is low on slipper Spurs but I may be wrong in which all these other suppliers have worked great for myself.

Overseas the XRAY shop Austria is great so is MB models
Old 11-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Amain, discount RC, GS Hobby, or Absolute Hobbyz. All of these are in the states my friend thus I think you will be able to find one at one of the above.

I think Amain is low on slipper Spurs but I may be wrong in which all these other suppliers have worked great for myself.

Overseas the XRAY shop Austria is great so is MB models
The new slipper spurs are supposedly new, they carry a new part number as well.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The One They Call Dirty
The new slipper spurs are supposedly new, they carry a new part number as well.
MB Models has the 16 slipper Spurs in stock. Like I mentioned their in London but there shipping is crazy fast 3 to 4 days to your door.

Possibly Stormer Hobbies has them.

Rccarshop.co.uk
Old 11-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Then you have something not assembled correctly or not fully seated

Bent
So I looked closely and it's all put together correctly. Basically the little flange in the plastic part that keeps the post from spinning let go before I got to 4mm. So now it just spins and I can't adjust either way. Not sure how I'll get it apart but I think it'll work for now.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Bent
Originally Posted by mr. Jepsen
Bent, do you allways run the servosaver fully cranked down on high grip carpet??

//René
Yes, Malin always prefers a fully tightened servo saver on all her cars

Originally Posted by gticlay
So I looked closely and it's all put together correctly. Basically the little flange in the plastic part that keeps the post from spinning let go before I got to 4mm. So now it just spins and I can't adjust either way. Not sure how I'll get it apart but I think it'll work for now.
As I said earlier if you don't get that amount of thread showing just run it and adjust accordingly if you feel it is too loose. You might even prefer a looser setting on the servo saver.

Not everyone like to run it cranked all the way down.

This is very much a personal preference

And if you are running a low profile servo you might not want to run it fully tightened either due to the gears getting a lot more abuse.

Malin uses the Futaba S9353HV which is an 1/8 spec servo in all her offroad vehicles so we're not really worried about gears breaking

Bent
Old 11-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I see the gears for the diff are plastic? Do they hold up ok? Do they wear?
Old 11-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
I see the gears for the diff are plastic? Do they hold up ok? Do they wear?
The gears inside the diffs hold up great. No need to worry about that at all. I had my 15 car since release date and ran it for almost a year and had no wear at all.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
The gears inside the diffs hold up great. No need to worry about that at all. I had my 15 car since release date and ran it for almost a year and had no wear at all.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.