Like Tree87Likes

Xray XB4 thread


Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM
  #901  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
DekelzMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Anyone else in Canada get one? I heard a rumour I might be the first..Picking it up Saturday
DekelzMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM
  #902  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
sickpuppy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gardner,KS
Posts: 1,590
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Yep, your the first.....Mr I've already got it in my signature B4 I own it,lol
sickpuppy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM
  #903  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
DekelzMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

LOL, well I knew it was coming so ummm..yeah I guess I jumped the gun by a week...
DekelzMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
  #904  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 326
Default

I would prefer the current battery bars instead of the carbon versions.

Yes, they look nice, but that's about it for me.
dennisV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  #905  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
CarlCrocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,968
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default My XB4 Fixes

Here are my fixes for the intial issues with the XB4.

For the front bulkhead, I made a brace. My frontbulk head is actually broken, but with the brace is working fine. I attached a picture of the brace, it was handmade so its not perfect.

For the CVD plastic pin retainers, I have been using some DEX410 parts.

Team Durango Driveshaft Bushing
Team Durango B-Type Driveshaft Pin Set (2.0mm)

These pins use a set screw and will not fly out.

For the leaky shocks I have been using the DEX410 Orings.

Team Durango 10x1mm Shock Cap O-Ring Set


Hope this helps some people.

I am hoping Team SR looks at my brace and makes a nice one.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-brace1.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-brace2.jpg  
CarlCrocco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
  #906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

I have a funny problem. My steering binds when the fronts at full droop. When loaded, i.e. on ground, its fine. I think its the steep angle on the ball studs thats causing it. Any fixes for it other than adding shims?
aloksatoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
  #907  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
CarlCrocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,968
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Do you have the bulkheads mixed up? They are front and rear specific.
CarlCrocco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
  #908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
asc6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meridian Idaho
Posts: 3,386
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
I have a funny problem. My steering binds when the fronts at full droop. When loaded, i.e. on ground, its fine. I think its the steep angle on the ball studs thats causing it. Any fixes for it other than adding shims?
hmm, mine doesn't do that on droop. The angle isn't that severe. Full lock either way my rods are nice and free.
On the other hand at full compression there is a bit of binding at the cup.
Shock length 77mm eye to eye.
Changed a couple little things and anxious to get to the track tonight.
asc6000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM
  #909  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
Here are my fixes for the intial issues with the XB4.

For the front bulkhead, I made a brace. My frontbulk head is actually broken, but with the brace is working fine. I attached a picture of the brace, it was handmade so its not perfect.

For the CVD plastic pin retainers, I have been using some DEX410 parts.

Team Durango Driveshaft Bushing
Team Durango B-Type Driveshaft Pin Set (2.0mm)

These pins use a set screw and will not fly out.

For the leaky shocks I have been using the DEX410 Orings.

Team Durango 10x1mm Shock Cap O-Ring Set


Hope this helps some people.

I am hoping Team SR looks at my brace and makes a nice one.
I like that brace and emailed Team SR to see if they would make one for us.
Troy Carter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
  #910  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

No Andrew not the bulkheads. Else the diff CF plate wont mount proper. I will measure my front shocks as well. I think its some silly mistake I did most probably. I will disconnect each link and test again tonight.
aloksatoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
  #911  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
RShockley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
Do you have the bulkheads mixed up? They are front and rear specific.
Are the bulkheads labeled? I don't think mine are mixed up but didn't notice any differences between them while building it.
RShockley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
  #912  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RShockley View Post
Are the bulkheads labeled? I don't think mine are mixed up but didn't notice any differences between them while building it.
I don't remember them being labeled.
Autocratic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
  #913  
Tech Regular
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 436
Default

They aren't labeled but the front has a steeper angle were the top brace mounts vs the rear.
Theibault is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
  #914  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
asc6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meridian Idaho
Posts: 3,386
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RShockley View Post
Are the bulkheads labeled? I don't think mine are mixed up but didn't notice any differences between them while building it.
oh yea specific. not labeled but a good look from the side you easily see the area where the tower mounts is angled on the front one (leaned back for kick), the rear is straight up.
asc6000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
  #915  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
asc6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meridian Idaho
Posts: 3,386
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Theibault View Post
They aren't labeled but the front has a steeper angle were the top brace mounts vs the rear.
fast typer
asc6000 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service