R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree60Likes

Old 10-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #8911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quick question. I want to change front and rear shocks from kyosho ZX6 Do u think guys it works? It seems the ZX6 rear shocks is longer.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #8912
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
Quick question. I want to change front and rear shocks from kyosho ZX6 Do u think guys it works? It seems the ZX6 rear shocks is longer.
I know a lot of guys run the associated b5m shocks, and absolutely love them but not sure about kyosho.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #8913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
I was going to try that but like you said the rears are too long. You can try using internal limiters or shorter shafts but then you might not have enough up travel.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #8914
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hate waiting and not having any idea when the new kits are going to arrive
jmcelroy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #8915
sac
Tech Regular

I was told the kits should be here for the end of the month or 1st week in November
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 AM   #8916
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
I was told the kits should be here for the end of the month or 1st week in November
If you guys can't wait They are ready for shipping here in Europe from http://www.t2shop.de/epages/61746328...ucts/01-360003 and other places aswell

Last edited by dMITIj; 10-16-2015 at 09:20 AM.
dMITIj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #8917
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/

reading these new specs its nice to see they have reinforced the bulkheads,I really hope these will work on the 2015 car. Im having alot of issues with stripping ring and pinion gears also. the plastic gears look like they have the most gear over lap,would it help to run a spacer,the metal pinion and the plastic ring gear?
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:29 AM   #8918
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post

reading these new specs its nice to see they have reinforced the bulkheads,I really hope these will work on the 2015 car. Im having alot of issues with stripping ring and pinion gears also. the plastic gears look like they have the most gear over lap,would it help to run a spacer,the metal pinion and the plastic ring gear?
I'm pretty sure that you can fit the new front bulkhead on without changing anything else.

The rear one, I think you need the new shock tower, or to modify the one you have to clear the extra bracing.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:03 AM   #8919
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post

The '16 front bulkhead is a direct replacement for the '15 spec part.
For the rear bulkhead you need to clearance the shock tower so it fits over the added bracing when running the shock tower in front of the bulkhead (standard position).

If you're experiencing problems with the pinion and ring gear stripping I would replace them and the bulkhead at the same time.

We constantly trash on these gears both running the center diff with 1.000.000cst grease and tight slipper on both carpet and astro with no issues at all……most recently at the Worlds at Yatabe Arena.
Helping people with stripped gears almost always ends up in changing bulkheads as owners over time have over-tightened the screws for the diff cover allowing the housing to expand and affecting gear mesh

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips

Last edited by BentKa; 10-17-2015 at 04:16 AM.
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:10 PM   #8920
Tech Initiate

Sure it's been asked a billion times but here goes any way....have a 2014 model and getting back into racing and was curious if u guys would recommend any "upgrades" now that there's a 2016 model out now.....do a lot of the parts interchange between model years? Thanks for any advice
goober03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:51 AM   #8921
Uga
Tech Regular

Most parts are interchangable, but considering the prices for Xray parts, I would rather just try to sell the 2014 and get a fresh 2016.
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #8922
Tech Adept

So how does this chassis and brand compare to chassis like the Losi and the like? As in value vs quality and reliability comparison?
3908 Emaxx (All RPM Suspension, Custom setup shocks by me, Tacon 4074, Xerun 150a, SPC Racing 2s & 3s 70C 7200 Lipos, Proline Desperado's, T-Bone front & rear bumpers, steel skids w/ custom cut oem skids on top, and a destroyed drive train under construction...) & lots of Nitro and Electric Airplanes.
COP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #8923
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
The '16 front bulkhead is a direct replacement for the '15 spec part.
For the rear bulkhead you need to clearance the shock tower so it fits over the added bracing when running the shock tower in front of the bulkhead (standard position).

If you're experiencing problems with the pinion and ring gear stripping I would replace them and the bulkhead at the same time.

We constantly trash on these gears both running the center diff with 1.000.000cst grease and tight slipper on both carpet and astro with no issues at all……most recently at the Worlds at Yatabe Arena.
Helping people with stripped gears almost always ends up in changing bulkheads as owners over time have over-tightened the screws for the diff cover allowing the housing to expand and affecting gear mesh

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
What about the bulkheads and the 2014 model?

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #8924
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by COP4 View Post
So how does this chassis and brand compare to chassis like the Losi and the like? As in value vs quality and reliability comparison?
I have the 2014 model and the thing is a tank. I bought spare parts and still have them in my pit bag. I broke 1 rear arm in the year I drove the thing. I did buy the metal gears for the diffs to replace the composites that came with the 14 but I never had problems with those either.

4wd fell off at my track over the last year but guys are talking about getting it going again so I'm weighing my options for a new wheeler. You're going to pay a premium for the kit and parts but the thing is really tough so it might be worth it. Parts support depends on your track, from what I understand RC America wants track owners to put things on credit cards rather than doing net 30 days for payment.

I think the car is fun to drive and very competitive (based on my 2014 model)

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #8925
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quality is incredible. The best of the best.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote