Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Take a look at Leon's setup he posted a couple posts before yours. I think if you keep your current shock setup maybe going down to 37.5/27.5 in oils and using his arm mount positions you should have plenty of steering. Also take off the front sway bar. Having really heavy center diff fluid doesn't help off power steering either. Maybe try 100k to 200k.
Freeski, I'd start with no sway-bar. It'll give you more steering, and make the steering feel more linear. If you still feel like you need more steering, move the front shocks in on the tower and the arm, and add another downstop shim. I'd always leave the rear toe at 3 degrees.
Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. I will definitely try it and report back.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I'm guessing the xb 15 toe is correct now in the new kits.

Going into the store to get one on order, what spares to have on hand and is there any optional upgrades must have with besides centre gear dift to order in.

Racing on carpet. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Buy 2 kits lol
Old 08-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Vinno
Hey guys,

I'm guessing the xb 15 toe is correct now in the new kits.

Going into the store to get one on order, what spares to have on hand and is there any optional upgrades must have with besides centre gear dift to order in.

Racing on carpet. Thanks in advance.
I have been running X-ray for nearly one complete season and the only spare parts i have needed are the f/r 14t bevel gears in the diff, get the composite ones and your good to go stay away from the metal ones they chip teeth very quick and are just real poor quality in general, I'm really shocked how X-ray hasn't fixed this problem, other than that the buggy is the best buggy out there both in quality performance and durability, also if you run composite you will need the composite 35t bevel diff gear as well. the part numbers are X-ray 364935 and 365114, other than that just enjoy it truly is an amazing buggy.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TPR 1
Does anyone know of a company that sells carbon fibre chassis for the 15 ?
I have looked every were with no luck, i even emailed dhawk racing to see if they would make one as they make them for the 14 and 2wd 14 but still haven't received a response.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

I was going through my car last night making sure everything is ready for indoor season and the one bearing on my rear out drive is stuck on the outdrive. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm hoping I don't need to get a new outdrive. I tried everything I could think of to remove the bearing but had no luck.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freeski
- Would using the front hole on the steering rack give me more in corner steering? (I am currently using the rear hole)
- For those of you that have used the optional 4 hole steering rack (#362573), How did the different hole options affect in corner steering?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.
The forward hole would reduce the amount of ackerman in the steering. Meaning the inner front wheel would turn at a similar radius as the outside front wheel. For tight turns, more ackerman, the inner wheel turns sharper than the outside wheel, would have more overall steering and better turn in.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HSV427
I have looked every were with no luck, i even emailed dhawk racing to see if they would make one as they make them for the 14 and 2wd 14 but still haven't received a response.
Ok cheers for that.
I bought the chassis stiffeners after reading your post and yes I agree without
The top decks the buggy felt like it drove better and had more traction on my local low bite track , but I noticed my chassis had a slight banana bend in it that's the reason I'm looking into a carbon fibre chassis .
I'm surprised no one else has had the same problem cause like I said I didn't crash the buggy once!
Old 08-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
I was going through my car last night making sure everything is ready for indoor season and the one bearing on my rear out drive is stuck on the outdrive. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm hoping I don't need to get a new outdrive. I tried everything I could think of to remove the bearing but had no luck.
Your outdrive probably is notched and has a high spot that can be simply ground down with a dremel.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Your outdrive probably is notched and has a high spot that can be simply ground down with a dremel.
yes. if your drive pins are worn they create a ridge on the outdrives. dremel or file them down and replace pins to stop premature wear of outdrives
Old 08-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

I'll take a picture sometime today. It's not from the pins or because there is a notch on the out drive...It's almost like a piece of rubber or something seized to the outdrive right where the bearing sits. The bearing wont budge from where it's supposed to be...if that makes any sense.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

I'll take a picture sometime today. It's not from the pins or because there is a notch on the out drive...It's almost like a piece of rubber or something seized to the outdrive right where the bearing sits. The bearing wont budge from where it's supposed to be...if that makes any sense.
Ok here the pic...The parts that's keeping the bearing from coming off is circled in red. The diff case looks fine though so I'm not sure what caused it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-outdrive_b.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok here the pic...The parts that's keeping the bearing from coming off is circled in red. The diff case looks fine though so I'm not sure what caused it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
it looks like dirt...... but im sure that helps alot

so the McGyver in me says to place the diff on a table, bad bearing side down, place a pair of scissors on the backside of the stuck bearing between the bearing and the case and then whack it with a pair of pliers.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Just grab the bearing with vise grips. And tap on the out drive. But use a piece of wood on the out drive when you hit it. So as not to snap the outdrive . It will come out.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

can anyone tell me if they are running a center diff in their 2014? and if so what parts other than the diff did you need? TIA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.