Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree62Likes

Old 05-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #8341
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
I only have 1M, 500k and 100k, but I have 200k and 300k coming in the mail. I'll only make a few changes at a time. To complicate matters, for the better, the temperature has gone from 55F to nearly 90F since last week!
Heavy you can blend different WH oils together to create any custom oil weight.
Just don't blend cst with wh as your targeted need will be off.

There is a silicone oil mixture calculator. Off hand I cant remember it but I believe it is somewhere on the Xb4 thread. Also try googling it.
Norse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #8342
Tech Adept

Default Front axle

Hi
Do you use the Stock drive shafts in front or aftermarket (spec-r , .....) we have had some of the Stock ones snap , for different drivers. We race on carpet/astro.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #8343
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi
Do you use the Stock drive shafts in front or aftermarket (spec-r , .....) we have had some of the Stock ones snap , for different drivers. We race on carpet/astro.
Have not snapped one in over 2 years. Check your droop settings.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #8344
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi
I got my car in Febuary 2013, it's still on the std driveshafts, I had heard before I got it of people snapping diff outdrives due to too much shock travel, so have used rubber shock limiters from a Durango all round from the start, don't know if that has helped avoid snapping shafts or outdrives.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:27 AM   #8345
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
I got my car in Febuary 2013, it's still on the std driveshafts, I had heard before I got it of people snapping diff outdrives due to too much shock travel, so have used rubber shock limiters from a Durango all round from the start, don't know if that has helped avoid snapping shafts or outdrives.
I have made the shocks with Stock 1 mm inside , and have 2 o rings on the outside. I Will try to limit the Down travel as mentioned.

Thanks for your input
Old 05-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #8346
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Anyone have a good starting setup for a 2015? I will be running it at NorCal hobbies. It is indoor clay with medium traction. I also found OCRC setups carry over well too. I will be running with a center diff and shorty pack. Looking for some feedback on starting diff oil weights, shock oils, and shock Pistons.

I found Bayers setup but it is for a slipper and seems aggressive. Anyways, feedback is appreciated.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #8347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Anyone have a good starting setup for a 2015? I will be running it at NorCal hobbies. It is indoor clay with medium traction. I also found OCRC setups carry over well too. I will be running with a center diff and shorty pack. Looking for some feedback on starting diff oil weights, shock oils, and shock Pistons.

I found Bayers setup but it is for a slipper and seems aggressive. Anyways, feedback is appreciated.
Check with Suby. He races there a lot and his setup is dialed.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #8348
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:

I'm running Bayer's OCRC setup with some differences. I don't have the 3mm chassis so i'm running the stock chassis with the rear top plate removed. Front: 40wt/1.6 2hole pistons/3 dot springs. Rear: 30wt/1.7 2hole pistons/1 dot springs. Diffs: 8k/500k/8k. Honestly this has been the best my car has ever been as it suits my driving style. I've tried Tyler Viks setup even though it's for saddles but it just didn't work for me. Your mileage may vary.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #8349
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi
Or move to the outer positions on the hangers to reduce plunge.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #8350
Tech Apprentice

Default jconcepts finnisher body

I purchased a jconcepts finnisher body #JCO0258 and the body fits well in the front, but is too short in the rear. I have the 2015 xb4 and the body is not long enough to reach the rear end of the chassis. It is about 10mm (or maybe a bit more) too short.

I looked to see if there is a newer version of the finnisher body, but I am only finding one made for the XB4.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #8351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:

I was just at NorCal and my car was a slot car. I have recently switched to a slipper and at least for me I have noticed better lap times. I'll pm you some setup notes when I get off of work.

Thanks Kevin! NorCal is racing Saturday night this weekend. Come on down and race!
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #8352
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeski View Post
I purchased a jconcepts finnisher body #JCO0258 and the body fits well in the front, but is too short in the rear. I have the 2015 xb4 and the body is not long enough to reach the rear end of the chassis. It is about 10mm (or maybe a bit more) too short.

I looked to see if there is a newer version of the finnisher body, but I am only finding one made for the XB4.

The JC Finnisher was made for the 2013/2014 chassis, not the 2015.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:52 PM   #8353
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
The JC Finnisher was made for the 2013/2014 chassis, not the 2015.
That's what I figured, but thank you for confirming.
Freeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #8354
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleZEN View Post
I'm running Bayer's OCRC setup with some differences. I don't have the 3mm chassis so i'm running the stock chassis with the rear top plate removed. Front: 40wt/1.6 2hole pistons/3 dot springs. Rear: 30wt/1.7 2hole pistons/1 dot springs. Diffs: 8k/500k/8k. Honestly this has been the best my car has ever been as it suits my driving style. I've tried Tyler Viks setup even though it's for saddles but it just didn't work for me. Your mileage may vary.
Littlezen,

Likewise on your shock set up my friend as mine is the exact same. However I run saddles just because I have a bunch. My diff weight is different being 8k/200k/5k but I am going up to 8k rear as I have heard the equal F&R diff weight at 8k works excellent. Probably going to bump up the C diff weight as 200k does work excellent on outdoor hard packed dirt but tends to not have enough snap on higher bite tracks. Thus is a pain unless I buy another C diff.

Any thoughts on the slipper as I have yet to try it on my 15.

Thanks Brother

+1 on whom ever brought up the Durango up travel limiters as they do work better than o-rings.
Norse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #8355
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

yea...found the same here..called jc and they assured me it would fit,i told them it was too short so they asked me to send pix..i did and have not heard anything and that was about 6 weeks ago ...

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote