Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is everyone's tower breaking at the same place? Any pics?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Watching usps tracking for a car that will probably break first day at the track. Wonderful.....Guess I'll be keeping the v3 dingo a little longer.
I want my dingo! Haha. I'm with you on this one. Not what I would expect from Xray. I don't think anyone else expected it either. All I've heard is people waiting to finally get their indestructible 1/10 buggy. Easy fixes but not expected.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am running myn for the first time tomorrow. This is my first 4wd buggy and was questioning the 18mm ride height recommended? My 2wd (TLR 22) runs another 6mm higher and was wandering why such a low ride height is used on these cars?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Addict

Think you need to give Xray a break a bit guys.. There are almost no buggies that are perfect from the time they hit the publics hands. There will always be a few issues no matter what company/brand. Considering its Xray's 1st 1/10th offroad, Im over the moon with mine so far. And would almost say its the best buggy I have driven to date, and I have only run it once!

Yes there are a few issues, and I was one of the guys that had a cracked front bulkhead. But Being one of the 1st few people to have it.. I was not expecting it to be perfect from the box. We all want a buggy that wont break ever from the 1st time it hits the track, but come on.. get real. Im sure they will resolve all the issues very shortly, and people can stop complaining and see past the 1 or 2 slight faults that a few people are having.
Once you drive the damn thing.. you will begin to realise how good this buggy is out of the box, let alone after a few months of setup work and practice!

From my experience I think I prefer it too my V3 DEX410 and ZX5 FS2... Its got the smooth drivetrain feel of the Kyosho and jumping, and the steering and punch the DEX has.. =Winning combo IMHO

I just think people should give Xray a break, and let Xray sort/resolve the issues and not have people that don't even have the buggy! Complain and moan... my thoughts anyway...
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I might be switching to some different ball cups before my first run. See if a slightly weaker ball cup will keep it from breaking the towers or bulkhead.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by veecee
Is everyone's tower breaking at the same place? Any pics?
Seems like its either the front bulkhead(diff/gear box) or the tower ( could be lack of sanding & gluing the edges)
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Im sure they will resolve all the issues very shortly

let Xray sort/resolve the issues
AGREED... this is the key... XRAY's response to the issues... IMO anyways.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I agree xray will sort this out. Just kind of funny all the testing that was done and they didnt break these parts??? Im sure xray will fix it. But I will have to shelf this car till either 1) parts are more available 2) the bulkhead/tower issue is resolved.

Cant race a car that breaks first time out. Its just that simple.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
I agree xray will sort this out. Just kind of funny all the testing that was done and they didnt break these parts???
I'm guessing they used decent drivers to test the cars, I never break parts while guys around me are breaking parts all the time.
It comes down to how you drive the car, anything will break if it's crashed badly.
First people complain about Durango ball cups always popping off, now Xray ones are no good because they don't.
Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

I have seen Jamie's car and it does look awesome.

First car, first batch. Wasn't there a prob with the first batch of RB6s?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
I'm guessing they used decent drivers to test the cars, I never break parts while guys around me are breaking parts all the time.
It comes down to how you drive the car, anything will break if it's crashed badly.
First people complain about Durango ball cups always popping off, now Xray ones are no good because they don't.
Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Hey benny how did the testing go down in tassie? Keen to get down there for the states. Counting on you to have a good XB4 setup to share...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

I raced my XB4 at Mikes Hobby Shop last night.
I'm pretty sure it set the Track Record and Track Fast Lap (first to reach 21 laps and break into the 16 second fast lap).

I had challenges practicing with it this last week, but it came together just before racing. I put the NT1 metal diff gears in the rear and was able to set the slipper back to the manual setting. The car felt great all night.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve.breuer
I raced my XB4 at Mikes Hobby Shop last night.
I'm pretty sure it set the Track Record and Track Fast Lap (first to reach 21 laps and break into the 16 second fast lap).

I had challenges practicing with it this last week, but it came together just before racing. I put the NT1 metal diff gears in the rear and was able to set the slipper back to the manual setting. The car felt great all night.
Good run last night Steve! I'm looking forward to getting mine out on the track. Did you have any issues with the composite gears or did you switch more for peace of mind? I was planning out putting the metal gears in anyways because I like running with a tighter slipper.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
First car, first batch. Wasn't there a prob with the first batch of RB6s?
Hahaha No. a few boobs were denting chassis (which Kyo replaced) where the tplate would have been but if i remember there were only 3 reports..

the reason everyone is giving Xray a hard time is b/c the fan boys said it was the going to be the best car ever released from day one (go look into this thread at the beginning) and TWO, ppl said the thin towers and plastic fantastic design would cause durability issues.

so everyone is getting there i told you so's in..

AND from the reports from Xray the car was predominantly tested on carpet, and none of the vids i saw had large jumps or many opportunities to test durability other than the drive train.

there are companies that have released cars recently (Kyosho, TD, Schumie, Team C, etc) that roll out new cars and while they may not be perfect they're small issues with easy remedies and wont sideline the car on a race day.

i like Xray, their cars aren't anything special but the quality is always good.

but i think we can all say, we expected better.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMS-99
I am running myn for the first time tomorrow. This is my first 4wd buggy and was questioning the 18mm ride height recommended? My 2wd (TLR 22) runs another 6mm higher and was wandering why such a low ride height is used on these cars?
4wd buggies are typically lower, several other big differences from 2wd that you'll find in the way they are setup and tuned, notice the lack of front kick.... tons of science behind it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.