Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 02-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Yup . And a rear gear box inner one.
And far as metal ring n pinion it prob wouldnt hurt to open gear boxes and throw grease on tge gears from time to time even if not rebuilding. What kind of lube are you guys using on the metal gears. I just been using black grease but looking for something better.

I have been using this for years on the both the 1/8th and 1/10 buggies.

Eureka Pro
Old 02-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

So... I have seen a few XB4 shots with a carbon brace that ties the front gearbox to the steering posts and eliminating the brace that stretches to the center diff/slipper mount.
Wonder if something like this will come available from XRAY or an aftermarket company?
Old 02-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
So... I have seen a few XB4 shots with a carbon brace that ties the front gearbox to the steering posts and eliminating the brace that stretches to the center diff/slipper mount.
Wonder if something like this will come available from XRAY or an aftermarket company?
Looks to be Xray parts.. But they are also running a thicker (3mm) chassis, from what I read.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

They were running quite a few new parts at the EOS last weekend, the short top deck, 3mm chassis and a new steering rack with more holes to name a few.

I've seen they said the chassis and short top deck were aimed more at high grip tracks, so not sure if they're bits you'll need to worry about on dirt.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well, no top decks, only an 'X' brace and a 3mm chassis is the same as a Yok BMaxIII, which they run everywhere, so I'd say once they get a chance to actually run it on clay we'll know what's what.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Well, no top decks, only an 'X' brace and a 3mm chassis is the same as a Yok BMaxIII...
Which is what kind of prompted my question. I have a BMAX-4 III with the shorty configuration.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

I built my xb4 this weekend...I took my time and started it Friday and just got finished this morning...This has to be the best build out of all of my kits.

I didn't have to trim anything, force screws in or anything...Just the simple things like on my AE and Losi kits that you need to apply a fair amount of pressure when putting the screw in just to get it started as on this kit I didn't have to.

I only ran into one issue and it's only because I overlooked a step in the manual.

I definitely will be buying more xray products in the future.

Last edited by skeasor; 02-09-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Are you guys that are having bearing problems using the kit bearings? There was some issues with the 2014 bearings when I built my old car so I replaced them with avid and they held up great. Wondering if I should do the same on the 2015.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is Xray going to come out with a updated 2wd model? I have the 2015 4wd and am very pleased with the buggy.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Is Xray going to come out with a updated 2wd model? I have the 2015 4wd and am very pleased with the buggy.
It appears so.
http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...ype_uncovered/
Old 02-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
Looks to be Xray parts.. But they are also running a thicker (3mm) chassis, from what I read.
Originally Posted by John Myall
They were running quite a few new parts at the EOS last weekend, the short top deck, 3mm chassis and a new steering rack with more holes to name a few.

I've seen they said the chassis and short top deck were aimed more at high grip tracks, so not sure if they're bits you'll need to worry about on dirt.
Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Well, no top decks, only an 'X' brace and a 3mm chassis is the same as a Yok BMaxIII, which they run everywhere, so I'd say once they get a chance to actually run it on clay we'll know what's what.
Which is what kind of prompted my question. I have a BMAX-4 III with the shorty configuration.
All the new parts run at last weekends EOS race will be available shortly.

The new alu. 12* C-hubs and alu. rear uprights have already been released.

So far testing with the 3mm chassis and X-brace have been on medium to high grip tracks, but there's no reason this setup won't work on low grip tracks as well.
The 3mm chassis also allows you to run without the X-brace for added flex

The setup works really well and allowed Malin's best 5 minute final time to be only 0.867 seconds behind Martin Bayer's best A-final time at the EOS

Bent

Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Yes…..the factory team is testing the new XB2 at races around Europe for the moment

And so far the performance is amazing

Bent

Old 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

So, I'll be running the xb4 at the track for the first time this week. What are some parts I should stock up on? A-Arms, C Hubs, Steering blocks, shock towers? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BentKa
Yes…..the factory team is testing the new XB2 at races around Europe for the moment

And so far the performance is amazing

Bent
Is the new 2 wheel drive designed for high traction surfaces or clay? My xb4 built real well and I wouldn't mind getting a new 2wd buggy to replace my 22 2.0
Old 02-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Bentka. Id like to add this to my rc stablenext year. Honestly Im getting tired of racing my 2wd SC Truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.