R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree62Likes

Old 12-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #6001
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have 4 of each but the dumb site i got them from did not send me the insert . They said there was a problem from xray and needed to be sent back. ( i call BS) they forgot to put them in my order. Then they sent me a bunch of gpm parts. So i told them and they asked me to ship them to the person who ordered them who lives in Italy. Crazy right ? So they divulge the guys addy to me so i can mail him his parts. Which i did for the guy cause we all know how we want our parts yesterday lol. But im uber pissed with this site . Tamiya asia.com plus I told a few members where i got the parts so they could order. I hope they have better luck than i did. So now i got gears but no inserts. Yay!!!!
Not to mention they shipped my parts 1 month after i ordered them and charged me 50 in shipping.

Last edited by BDRMBULLY; 12-07-2014 at 04:32 PM.
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #6002
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Dont 4get you need the insert for the big gear also on back order
are you saying you need that if your going to run the center diff, or do i just got to order the center diff and im good? also anyone have a date on the center diff? I have sent 2 emails with not a single response back from them. whats the deal xray ???
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #6003
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
are you saying you need that if your going to run the center diff, or do i just got to order the center diff and im good? also anyone have a date on the center diff? I have sent 2 emails with not a single response back from them. whats the deal xray ???
Are you planning on fitting the center diff to a XB4 14? If so, it's a fairly major task. You need different length center driveshafts and you'll need to move the slipper supports to accommodate the diff and bore holes in the chassis. Top chassis plates won't fit properly. This may interfere with battery placement, etc etc etc. Do-able, but not straightforward.

Jimmy

Now driving PR Racing UK PRS1 V2, V3FM, V3MM & PR SB401LW
V6Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #6004
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
No they are neexed for the steel ring gears in the fnt n rear diffs
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #6005
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Jim View Post
Are you planning on fitting the center diff to a XB4 14? If so, it's a fairly major task. You need different length center driveshafts and you'll need to move the slipper supports to accommodate the diff and bore holes in the chassis. Top chassis plates won't fit properly. This may interfere with battery placement, etc etc etc. Do-able, but not straightforward.

Jimmy
Actually I think the center diff will be the same length as the slipper.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #6006
Tech Addict

14 shorty and 15 shorty SXS

Old 12-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #6007
Tech Addict

There are a few untalked about differences I want to mention, for those of you considering updating your 14.
There are no pockets of the brass weights in the rear.
The steering linkages sits 3mm higher on the 15.
the rear mounts are +2.. I didnt notice it until after I built it. No rear spacer plate that I noticed in the kit parts. (for under rear diff)

The 14 body will work, the chassis is a little wider in the back, but with some trimming in the rear AND the front, it looks fine. (I dont run body mounts)

The shorty battery strap seems to be to long. It rubs(a lot) on the rear shock to rotate it in and out.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #6008
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent View Post
There are a few untalked about differences I want to mention, for those of you considering updating your 14.
the rear mounts are +2.. I didnt notice it until after I built it. No rear spacer plate that I noticed in the kit parts. (for under rear diff)

The 14 body will work, the chassis is a little wider in the back, but with some trimming in the rear AND the front, it looks fine. (I dont run body mounts)

The shorty battery strap seems to be to long. It rubs(a lot) on the rear shock to rotate it in and out.
How wide is the 15 vs 14 in mm?
dMITIj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:51 AM   #6009
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent View Post

No location for the brass weights because the batteries have been move further to the rear.
3mm higher steering rack? Did you take into account that the plastic from the tub is no longer there. That's why we have to use a spacer now.
Yeah I would have liked to see the spacer in the kit. But i'll live without it.
The batteries strap on the saddle configuration also rub. If you sit your car on a stand to change batteries, with full droop it doesn't rub/hit. Buy a car stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
How wide is the 15 vs 14 in mm?
If it is the chassis that you are talking about then the width where the servo sits is the same, the new battery position makes that part of the car about 5.50mm wider.