Like Tree134Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Reply

Old 10-01-2013, 11:11 PM
  #2941  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ktorpil View Post
Congratulations, mate. What turn motor did you use? I was struggling to get speed the whole event.
thank you very much, I used 7.5t muchmore motor with 18/81 gearing, our track was rather small and technical so that was more than enough power.
Duzgit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:17 PM
  #2942  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 770
Default

Hi, i run a Nosram Pure2 Modified 6.5 T (90674) and i would like to know what is the ideal temperature for it. At the moment i got 21 pinion at 80*C. Is that ok or i should look for 65*C Temperature with may be 19 or 20T.

Thank you
marco cianfrone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:29 PM
  #2943  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
silvalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Pure2's are fine at 80 deg. You may want to drop a tooth or two later as we go into summer though...
silvalis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  #2944  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 65
Default

Hey guys Im looking at getting the XB4 however I know xray offers new models every year or revised models of the previous .... Just wondering if anyone has heard if there coming out with a XB4 '14 or is it staying the way it is .

Just trying to find this out so I know if I should order now or what until the new one comes out .

Thanks in advance
Will,
yunowill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  #2945  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is looking to upgrade their existing servo mount with an aluminium one I suggest the universal one from avid. Its a great low profile aluminium mount. When purchasing the mount you don't need the extra spacers so it saves a few bucks there.

I was having issues with my servo not recentering and it was due to my composite mounts not staying in place
joeymdz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
  #2946  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,233
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Looks like Exotek just released their aluminum servo mounts for the car along with some other aluminum goodies, most notably aluminum rear hubs.
seth556 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:05 PM
  #2947  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
Looks like Exotek just released their aluminum servo mounts for the car along with some other aluminum goodies, most notably aluminum rear hubs.
Haha they told me that on Monday but I couldn't wait.. I was looking all day today and nadda on their site.. lol
joeymdz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 AM
  #2948  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (127)
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
Hey guys Im looking at getting the XB4 however I know xray offers new models every year or revised models of the previous .... Just wondering if anyone has heard if there coming out with a XB4 '14 or is it staying the way it is .

Just trying to find this out so I know if I should order now or what until the new one comes out .

Thanks in advance
Will,

Touring cars seem to get updated once a year for some reason, but 4wd 10th scale buggies not so much.
RED-LINE M03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 AM
  #2949  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 328
Default

They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.
latentspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 AM
  #2950  
Tech Adept
 
jhanlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.
You don't think that the stock xray chassis has any flex? I feel that it has more flex than any other 4wd buggy on the market (Kyosho zx-5 may have as much if not more). This buggy has been great on every surface that I have ran it on including looser dirt. I was actually considering getting the longer top deck for higher traction conditions to take some flex out.
jhanlon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
  #2951  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,233
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

What are you having durability problems with? This is debatably the most durable 4wd buggy on the market. Also if you need more flex you can take out screws in the chassis depending on how much you want. Look in the manual and it'll tell you, you can go from super stiff to super flexible. If you don't think it works on clay then you haven't been looking at it's race results.
seth556 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 AM
  #2952  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I've heard a few people say it has durability issues, but I have no idea wtf they are talking about. Even without the v2 upgrade parts, it was stronger than most other 4wds on the market. With the v2 updates, it's a tank. The abuse I've put mine through would have destroyed most other 4wds.

What durability problems are you referring to?
locked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 AM
  #2953  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Arigato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 'Vegas Baby!
Posts: 631
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.
Do you actually own one?
Arigato is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:49 AM
  #2954  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 69
Default

Looking at the XB4, but the only thing that is putting me off slightly is that it apparently has a 'loose' end. I am a pretty poor driver and the real reason I am coming over to 4wd is that the 2wd buggy is a complete nightmare to handle in wet conditions! Any thoughts?
trr061984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 AM
  #2955  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Arigato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 'Vegas Baby!
Posts: 631
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trr061984 View Post
Looking at the XB4, but the only thing that is putting me off slightly is that it apparently has a 'loose' end. I am a pretty poor driver and the real reason I am coming over to 4wd is that the 2wd buggy is a complete nightmare to handle in wet conditions! Any thoughts?
The stock set up can be a little loose in the rear. I run 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy so the transition between the two can be tough. On my XB4 I added rear toe and went with the softest rear spring and it's very hooked up and the rear end looseness is gone.
Arigato is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service