Xray XB4 thread

You're on Page 182 of 845
Go to
  • Quote: I am running the trackpower 6.5 and am eating up 1/8 e buggies on a large outdoor track. I am now going back to work on my e buggy setup to try to get it running more like the xb4. I need a softer setup in my e buggy i see.
    Physics is not on your side, can't make a nascar handle like an F1.
  • What kind of low profile servos are you guys running?
    Any problems with the low pro in the 4wd?

I was looking @ the Savox 1251mg or the Spetrum 6070.

Or is everyone running a full size servo?
  • Red - I plan to run a full size servo, a BLS451, SP GT2.0 Pro, spektrum 3500 micro receiver & my MRT transponder all on the same side. The capacitor will be mounted on top of my servo - the only thing on the other side will be the motor, fan & on/off switch.
  • Shorty servo works fine. I've been using a savox 1251 since day 1. Gives a bit more room for the ESC and makes it easier to route wiring through the little channel under the front drive shaft.

Spektrum S6070 is a Savox 1251MG, just with a different case and higher price tag.
  • Quote: has any one tried the Yaiba Racing XRAY XB4 Carbon Fiber Full Length Upper Chassis Deck?
    We use it on Malin's astro setup

Bent
  • Quote: We use it on Malin's astro setup

Bent
    Do you happen to have a setup sheet for that somewhere?
  • Quote: What kind of low profile servos are you guys running?
    Any problems with the low pro in the 4wd?

I was looking @ the Savox 1251mg or the Spetrum 6070.

Or is everyone running a full size servo?
    I used a 1251 for 12 mths in my kyosho fs2sp with no issues. Moved it to my xb4 then eventually switched to a futaba s9551. Been running this for the last 6 mths.

I run low profile servos (also using a bls551 and a ko one10) in all of my 4wds and haven't had any issues yet.
  • Its funny that were talking about servos. I'm not sure if its my bls551 no centering or if its my servo saver. I bought the car used (roller) and had zero issues until recently. The servo saver was at 2.5mm and I went back to 1mm as per the manual. It seems to be corrected but that shouldn't of made a difference correct? Has anyone else had problems from their cars not centering?
  • Quote: Its funny that were talking about servos. I'm not sure if its my bls551 no centering or if its my servo saver. I bought the car used (roller) and had zero issues until recently. The servo saver was at 2.5mm and I went back to 1mm as per the manual. It seems to be corrected but that shouldn't of made a difference correct? Has anyone else had problems from their cars not centering?
    I run the same servo in my 2wd buggy run its big bro the 451 futaba in the xb4. No issues centering. Maybe the servo horn is slipping? I would check that first.
  • Quote: Its funny that were talking about servos. I'm not sure if its my bls551 no centering or if its my servo saver. I bought the car used (roller) and had zero issues until recently. The servo saver was at 2.5mm and I went back to 1mm as per the manual. It seems to be corrected but that shouldn't of made a difference correct? Has anyone else had problems from their cars not centering?
    I've had the same problem. I actually just pulled my servo saver apart after I left the track today to see if that was it. Mine seemed to be cranked down quite a bit also (bought mine used), but the servo saver plastic looked to be in perfect shape so I'm still not sure, but I am thinking it must be my older hitec 7955 from the nitro days getting a bit of slop in it.
  • Quote: I run the same servo in my 2wd buggy run its big bro the 451 futaba in the xb4. No issues centering. Maybe the servo horn is slipping? I would check that first.
    +1 If you're running the plastic servo horn that could be the issue. It was for me.
  • Opened up the servo and didn't see any messed up gears but te horn was kinda worn. Is there an aluminum one available from xray?
  • Quote: Opened up the servo and didn't see any messed up gears but te horn was kinda worn. Is there an aluminum one available from xray?
    Not yet. I use this one:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rvo-Horn-Black
  • Quote: Not yet. I use this one:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rvo-Horn-Black
    Cool thank you
  • New question about the set up sheets: when talking about the servo saver being tight, medium, and soft.. would soft be 1mm, medium 2mm, and tight 3mm? Is there an exact measurement?