Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
broke my rear shock tower >

broke my rear shock tower

broke my rear shock tower

Old 03-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default broke my rear shock tower

i just bought my B4 RTR, and it flipped on a bump and landed on the concrete. THE REAR SHOCK tower broke. Luckily, only two of the holes broke and the shocks are still in place because it was set on the lower one. How could the associated parts be so fragile!

1) Where can i get an aluminum shock tower. Will it be stronger?

2) If i had set my springs on the very last outwer hole, would the chances of it breaking me smaller?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It probably would've still broke. My guess is since you flipped on concrete instead of dirt, the concrete grabbed onto it, and when started sliding they just snapped. If you'd been on a different surface, they probably would've been able to slide without breaking.

Aluminum, let the MT guys keep that stuff...

Best advice, keep the wheels pointing down...
Old 03-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

woah woah woah....

the B4 is a RACING buggy! not a bashing buggy. its not designed to land on its lid, its designed to go fast and handle well.

dont blame AE for your driving skills

like jbrow said, keep the wheels pointed down and youll be fine!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not only is it not a basher buggy...
it's not built to land on its lid on pavement!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Dude it's not a bashing buggy it's a racing machine.huh huh huh SHUT UP your morons.Gezzz

Im thinking that if the lil man is running it in the street he's simply enjoying the hobby and having a great time with his Racing & Bashing Associated B4.Your 1st clue should have been when he said READY TO RUN...DUH.Opinions Opinions.You know what comes next.

Im sure you guys NEVER land on your lid.....WHATEVER
P.S.I have made alot of BIG A mains and have snapped shock towers on the DIRT.So please SHUT UP.

There is a guy online that sells B4 Front and Rear Aluminum Shock Towers.I think the company he is selling is called GPM.

If you dont plan on running on the pavement ALL the time and will be eventually moving to dirt I would stay with the stock shock towers.The aluminum one's are heavy for racing and will BEND instead of break.The aluminum one's are kinda expensive as well.

Here's a link to your tower.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...965666326&rd=1

Goodluck with your search and I hope you have a great time with the hobby.Please ignore 2 out of the 3 guys that posted being they are simply KNUCKLEHEADS that dont have a CLUE.

Les
Old 03-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Some people should have to wear SIGNS and SHOULDNT be allowed to post.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: broke my rear shock tower

Deleted.

Last edited by jbrow1; 03-27-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

that was my healthy dose of intellectual reading for the day. thanks tex!

my point being that if his interest was strictly in bashing, perhaps the b4 isnt the buggy for him. there are a host of vehicles better suited to lid-skids. If he likes his b4, and is only interested in bashing, than aluminum parts may be right up his alley.

you really need to track down the villan that tinkled in your cheerios bro.

oh and P.S. i race with alot of guys who run RTR trucks, and still win. RTR does not necessarily = basher, just budget concious.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Jbrow.Did you see the part where I said 2 out of 3.I mean you as the 1 guy who actually had a clue.The other 2 didnt and still dont.
Im sure he wants to package up the car he just got,sell it and buy something else.NOT.

He asked a question about if anyone made a aluminum tower did he not?He didnt ask for you guys to suggest other cars or to tell him HIS car wasnt for bashing.The b4 is just fine and better than most buggies for bashing.MAYBE just MAYBE he's not JUST a basher and might wanna race later but is using the street to get the basic skills of throttle and steering down.MAYBE?????

I am not mad and no one pissed in my cereal.I just simply hate STUPID ARSE People that shouldnt be allowed to post if they cant simply answer the question asked instead of THINKING they should include their idiotic opinion is all.If I was around you at a track and you said this answer when asked what was asked I would slap you aside your head for being so damn stupid is all.

If you guys wanna use the privledge of posting then please help the guy instead of telling him pretty much his car is crap for bashing and he should get something else when ALL HE DID was ask if they had aluminum and where.
See what I mean yet?Believe me by the 4 emails I have got saying THANK YOU for saying what I said in this post I can see other people think like me and think that some people shouldnt be allowed to post if they dont have anything intelligent to say.

Goodluck with your aluminum towers if thats the route you decide to go with TakWing but associated parts arent really fragile it's just the way it happened.Have a great time with the hobby and please ignore people like Beetle and Tbird that dont have a

FREAKING CLUE ........
Les
Old 03-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, as far as the rear shock tower breaking, that does NOT mean that AE parts are garbage. the only AE parts I've ever broken with any sort of regularity were suspension arms, and that was from my idiocy.
My point was simply that if you hit anything inverted on any car, you'll break SOMETHING, especially on pavement. remember, pavement IS harder than dirt, and if you go with a GPM rear shock tower, you WILL bend it if you snapped the stocker in pieces, and it's a LOT more expensive to replace an aluminum shock tower than a $10 or less shock tower (I paid $8 for my graphite shock towers apiece on my RC10GT and B2 both, and never broke any shock tower on either and i've had the B2 for almost a decade)
I apologize for not expunging uponst my statement and causing confusion, but also to assume that one has "no clue" about RC in general because of one statement, YOU have no clue. Tex, you're the kind of person that posts on RCU what with your inane insults and holier-than-thou attitude.
And as for his 2nd question which nobody asked, yes, if you had the shocks mounted on the outermost hole, that portion of the shock tower might have been saved, however, by mounting your shocks on the outside holes, your car will have less side bite, aka traction during cornering in the rear.
Have fun with the buggy.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

This thread really is a good example of people needing to actually think of all points of view when posting. And what/how they say something may be taken, and whether it's even worth posting.. Takwing, you have a PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

i agree jbrow. im cleansing my hands of this...
Old 03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Well I hope ALL you guys enjoy the hobby.Thats the MAIN POINT.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

ummm.it was just a question guys, thanks for the responses and stuff...