Wiki Posts
Search

BEC to servo question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default BEC to servo question.

Hey guys i tried looking for an answer but no luck. Well, I have a hitec 7955tg that im trying to get 6v out of. In the past ive wired up my castle bec's directly to the servo. Power/ground to the servo, signal wire to the rx. Is there any way around this? or is it the only way to get a true 6v of power from it.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Are you powering your sero at 8.4 and trying to get 6.0 from it to power a LV Rx?

If I want 8.4 volts feeding my Servo and Rx, I remove the red wire from my ESC and solder wires directly from my ESC battery wires, or Lipo battery balence wires (4s applications, use a Jr battery plug), directly to my servo wires. I allow my steering servo to backfeed my Rx. No loads on the Rx.

Like my Losi 5ive setup, but simplified for electric cars:

No loads on the Rx, each servo gets fed directly from the battery. No warm Rx's ever again.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Are you powering your sero at 8.4 and trying to get 6.0 from it to power a LV Rx?

If I want 8.4 volts feeding my Servo and Rx, I remove the red wire from my ESC and solder wires directly from my ESC battery wires, or Lipo battery balence wires (4s applications, use a Jr battery plug), directly to my servo wires. I allow my steering servo to backfeed my Rx. No loads on the Rx.

Like my Losi 5ive setup, but simplified for electric cars:

No loads on the Rx, each servo gets fed directly from the battery. No warm Rx's ever again.
ok man thanks for the info, I actually wanted to run a direct 6v to the servo. Im running a cheap flysky gt3b rx. not exactly sure what it puts out