Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho Inferno VE help

hi all

i have just purchased the inferno ve
it originaly came with 27mhz radio which i swapped out straight away to a

spektrum setup

i have the dx3stx and sr300 rx

my question is as follows

when i go throttle to go forward ten hit reverse (breaks) it gradualy slows down

but if i go into reverse and let go of throttle to neutral my break bang on very fast and mot makes a clunk noise

is there a reason that beaks harder going in reverse than going in forward direction ?

is there something i have possibly set wrong ?

what i have noticed also is

when it did have 27mhz radio in they had tx throttle set in reverse mode but car worked as normal this way

on my dx6i however the throttle is set normal and car still goes forward as it should ect

i did not change any motor wires round at all when i swaped out the raio gear

would it be an idea to change 2 of the motor wires then set the throttle to reverse on my dx3s ??

hopefully then i might get better breaking when going forward and less when going in reverse

any help much appreciated
or setings for my dx3s and motor wire positions ect
Old 10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Assuming you still have the Orion R8 esc that came with your setup, you should get the setup box so you can increase brake if you want and reduce reverse power.

Looks like you have the dx3s that you can adjust the end points on your brake side of the trigger, but sounds like your issue is in the esc programming.

Leave motor wires alone.

" but if i go into reverse and let go of throttle to neutral my break bang on very fast and mot makes a clunk noise"

If your stopped, go into reverse and then to neutral... your brakes activate while your radio is at neutral and your motor makes a clunk noise?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

hi thanks for your reply

when i have car on stand i move trigger forward untill wheels start spinning then if i let go of trigger and it goes to its normal position my breaks slam on with a thud

but when i move trigger backwards and wheels turning and i quickly move from forward throttle to trigger forwards wheels just break slowly

i would sooner have better breaks when go from forward throttle to neutral than reverse if know what i mean

sorry for my bad descriptions i am not used to buggy with brushless setup my other buggies are nitro

but i neva have this problem on my brushless 1/10 cars

is there a way i can set breaks better using my transmitter ???

ie set breaks to have only 50% instead of 100% ect
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds to me like you just need to reverse the setup or just recalibrate the radio/ESC.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

i just read in manual it says you cant use any other radio ??

from what i can gather the esc calibrates everytime its turned on ? or am i miss reading tht part ?

ie it says when turn on dont touch throttle trigger till both green and red light are on together i guess this is initiation program of esc

looks like going to have to invest in the program card
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i had a similar issue with my fiance' inferno. all i did was recalibrate the esc to the factory settings. another thing to make sure is to set your end points as stated above because it can mess with your servo. (i know from experience) If you have any specific questions send me a pm i own 2 and am fairly proficient with the orion system.