Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage Trinity Motor ID

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Vintage Trinity Motor ID

Just curious if anybody can validate the info I have about this vintage Trinity motor of mine. I want to say it was called the "Pure Gold" or "Oval" I'm not sure which. I'm not able to find much info about it online but here's what I know, or think I know; If it's the "Oval" it's Model #2005, 14T 44,000 RPM. If it's the "Pure Gold" it's Model #2004, 18T 37,000 RPM. Most of the one's I can find that are similar, do not have the aluminum endbell, or if they do, they don't have the aluminum cover on the opposite end, just a one piece can. I have taken it apart and there are no markings inside that say how many winds or anything. The sticker says, "Trinity Monster Horsepower 1985 World Champions". This may be an impossible ID but here are some pics, any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for poor quality, they pics were taken with my cell, which has a terrible camera.
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Trinity Motor ID-trinity1.jpg   Vintage Trinity Motor ID-trinity2.jpg   Vintage Trinity Motor ID-trinity3-2-.jpg  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

that thing is hammered
the sticker was the same on many models, I sold a ton bitd.
I didn't personally run much trinity so I don't recall the color of the endbell belonging to any particular wind but you can easily figure the wind by examination. Post a pic of the comm end showing the windings.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pics

Yeah, definately "rode hard and put up wet". I know that in it's day it was one of the hottest motors you could get, it was a screamer. Unfortunately, this one has seen better days. I know it was also kinda of rare model, there just aren't many that had the CNC anodized shaft end of the cup. I could only find pics of 1 other one on the web, in an older post on these forums. Here are a few pics that may help determine which model this is. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Trinity Motor ID-r1.jpg   Vintage Trinity Motor ID-r3.jpg   Vintage Trinity Motor ID-r2.jpg   Vintage Trinity Motor ID-c1.jpg   Vintage Trinity Motor ID-c2.jpg  

Last edited by jpar63; 10-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.