R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Electric Duratrax Envader (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/66707-electric-duratrax-envader.html)

chadlogan 03-20-2005 10:50 AM

Electric Duratrax Evader

Anyone have any positive info on these trucks? Any complaints and issues? I'm about to buy one and would like to hear your opinions. Thanks

Myt3rocks 03-20-2005 06:51 PM

personally i don't like it one bit.

i have heard cases of the chassis snaping and i don't think they handle that good or do anything that well. the evader is an exsact copy of the losi xx-t. it is an outdated truck. not too much good about it. if it's want you want and you have parts redialy availiable then get it other wise i would get the t4 rtr or the xxx-t rtr

T-BirdJunkie 03-21-2005 01:55 AM

The trucks themselves are pretty darn good, however, unless you get the Pro, the electronics are horrible, and if you upgrade the motor, the trans WILL eat your idler gear.

DjfunkmasterG 12-24-2005 06:08 PM

I just recently purchased an Evader ST truck. A friend just got me into the hobby so I dropped $300.00 on a truck, battery, charger, upgraded motor and new speed control.

Like a previous poster said the Chasis is weak. 2nd day i had it I busted the plate and had to drive 130 miles round trip to the hobbystore to get another plater. Just to be safe I bought a few extra's.

I get the truck back together then go tearing up the area I was in the day before and as I go for a jump a squirrel darts out in front of the truck. The truck hits the squirrel the truck goes airborne and comes crashing down front first. Snapped the left and right side Hub Carriers. Off to the store again.

I ended up picking up about $90 worth of spare parts and another new motor. The stock engine is 20T I went to a 19T, then just went to a 15T. The speed Controller is 13T. Nice little truck. I am quite enjoying the new toy.

Today I drive by another hobbyshop while out shopping and came across an Evader BX Pro chasis. So i bought it ($89.99) Got some guts for it, a new 3 channel 3PM FM controller with servo's and now I have the buggy and the truck. The buggy has a 15T motor, but I having some issues with the remote not working properly, or the speed control went bad. Being new at this I don't know exactly where to start.

The steering works, but when i sqeeze the trigger I get nothing. The power lines all read 8.5 volts so everything is getting juice. I am thinking the motor os bad or the trigger is bad.

Hawk6 12-28-2005 01:41 PM

How's the squirrel?

Hawk6 12-28-2005 01:44 PM

My son and I both had Evaders, so did someone else we know. They look great on paper, with a lot of features, but just break too much.

I got my son a Rustler - it's built like a tank. It's not the best performiong truck, but at least we didn't spend all our time in th epits fixing it.

Now that we are both decent drivers, we have Associated T3s and are very happy with them.

jbrow1 12-28-2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
2nd day i had it I busted the plate and had to drive 130 miles round trip to the hobbystore to get another plater. Just to be safe I bought a few extra's.
a squirrel darts out in front of the truck. The truck hits the squirrel

Now there's a guy who supports his hobbyshop!! I would suggest doing a google search for tower hobbies with the gas prices these days.

So how did the squirrel end up?

Sounds like your motor might be done, or a hung brush. Just pull the wire on each brush so it pulls out a little bit and snaps back in.

crash21 12-28-2005 10:17 PM

Yeah I agree. I got one. The shock towers are extremly weak also.

D Hunt 3 12-29-2005 07:15 PM

I have a pro and so far have really enjoyed the truck. The only problems I've seen is you definately need to go to a metal servo, I went through 3 before I learned my lesson. Other then that the only thing I broke was a suspension block and I ended up going to the one-piece plastic part.

Team Duratrax 01-03-2006 06:41 AM

Evaders have weak trannies and weak shock towers. That is the only thing I could complain about. I used to own one and it was actually quite strong.

Here's a review - http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=564