Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy >

Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy

Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy

Reply

Old 09-01-2013, 06:09 PM
  #781  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: YuMa Az!
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

hey R/cErs im in need of some setup help on my sc10b's.i just cant get them tuned right.i drove oter peoples sc10b's on the same track and they handeled way better.my first one has v2 shocks all around with 27.5 oil.im using the right tire for our track,but it just some times act like a slash by spinning around and the buggy rear end just swings everywhere.i don't know what is needed.are track is a fairly big track for 1/10,really ruff and some times dead try and wet.really loomy and some jumps lips are ruined.As my othe sc10b it runs a bit better in handling.still not the best as my losi scb.that one is my practice truck and has factory team v1 shocks.so ill appreciate any tuning help or tips.This is the only video that I found of are track.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PDpXmiiLQ
rceofyumasct is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM
  #782  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
turbo2cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ID
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rceofyumasct View Post
hey R/cErs im in need of some setup help on my sc10b's.i just cant get them tuned right.i drove oter peoples sc10b's on the same track and they handeled way better.my first one has v2 shocks all around with 27.5 oil.im using the right tire for our track,but it just some times act like a slash by spinning around and the buggy rear end just swings everywhere.i don't know what is needed.are track is a fairly big track for 1/10,really ruff and some times dead try and wet.really loomy and some jumps lips are ruined.As my othe sc10b it runs a bit better in handling.still not the best as my losi scb.that one is my practice truck and has factory team v1 shocks.so ill appreciate any tuning help or tips.This is the only video that I found of are track.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PDpXmiiLQ
Are you using big bore springs with your v2 shocks? If not, do the conversion...much better ride/handling. And are you running any added weight in the rear?

From my experiences the front end has too much traction and the rear end doesn't have enough. The answer to the front end, in my case, was to stiffen it up. Im running big bores, but same principles should apply to v2's. I went one step down in pistons (smaller holes), went slightly up in oil weight (normally run 30, now running 32.5) and I went 2 steps stiffer on the front springs. That really stiffened up the front end so it didn't roll so much, thus generating less traction. (a little push is a good thing with these!)

then on the rear end, really all you have to do is add weight to it, and it feels a bunch better. Usually 2.5-3oz in the battery tray (right in front of where the FT balast weight goes...oh, and run the balast weight too) will get you to the point of where the ass end stays planted on corner exit, and the front doesn't have sooooo much traction that it's making things worse by whipping the rear end around.

Try those things and see if it helps!

Your track's dirt looks kinda like mine...here is my latest setup sheet for reference.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9-4...it?usp=sharing

EDIT: the setup sheet says I'm running blue front springs, but I've since went to yellow front springs and even ran red springs this past weekend (track with much higher bite than my home track)
turbo2cam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 PM
  #783  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: YuMa Az!
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by turbo2cam View Post
Are you using big bore springs with your v2 shocks? If not, do the conversion...much better ride/handling. And are you running any added weight in the rear?

From my experiences the front end has too much traction and the rear end doesn't have enough. The answer to the front end, in my case, was to stiffen it up. Im running big bores, but same principles should apply to v2's. I went one step down in pistons (smaller holes), went slightly up in oil weight (normally run 30, now running 32.5) and I went 2 steps stiffer on the front springs. That really stiffened up the front end so it didn't roll so much, thus generating less traction. (a little push is a good thing with these!)

then on the rear end, really all you have to do is add weight to it, and it feels a bunch better. Usually 2.5-3oz in the battery tray (right in front of where the FT balast weight goes...oh, and run the balast weight too) will get you to the point of where the ass end stays planted on corner exit, and the front doesn't have sooooo much traction that it's making things worse by whipping the rear end around.

Try those things and see if it helps!

Your track's dirt looks kinda like mine...here is my latest setup sheet for reference.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9-4...it?usp=sharing

EDIT: the setup sheet says I'm running blue front springs, but I've since went to yellow front springs and even ran red springs this past weekend (track with much higher bite than my home track)
im running the v2 with out the bigbore conversion.but yeah it has a lot of front traction.ill try what you said and will get back with some results in this Saturdays race.and I appreaciate the info ALOT!
rceofyumasct is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  #784  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
turbo2cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ID
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rceofyumasct View Post
im running the v2 with out the bigbore conversion.but yeah it has a lot of front traction.ill try what you said and will get back with some results in this Saturdays race.and I appreaciate the info ALOT!
No problem, hope it works for you!! Also I've been reading a lot about drilling the 4th hole in the shock towers...I already run the rear 4th hole, but I'm going to drill the front 4th hole before I race again. From what people are saying, it only gives up a little bit of steering (again, a good thing in my opinion) but it makes the front end a lot more predictable and makes for more consistent lap times.

And I highly recommend the big bore spring conversion! It's a very noticeable mod for sure. Pick up a front/rear BB spring kit from AE (the medium kit for front, and soft kit for rear is a great start) and then pick up some AE BB lower spring cups....then all you need is the traxxas upper collars (not sure on the part number, but it's all over these forums and the web in general) They make the v2's a really great shock setup. The BB's are a step up for sure, but v2's still get the job done!!
turbo2cam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
  #785  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
turbo2cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ID
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Actually just ran across A-main links for the parts you need by coincidence lol...

Here is the lower spring cups...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Cup-Set-12

Traxxas collars (need to buy 2 of these to make a full set...use the upper collars and ditch the lower spring cups)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rs-Upper-Lower

AE BB medium front spring kit
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Kit-3-Medium

AE BB soft rear spring kit
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Kit-3-Soft
turbo2cam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM
  #786  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: YuMa Az!
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by turbo2cam View Post
No problem, hope it works for you!! Also I've been reading a lot about drilling the 4th hole in the shock towers...I already run the rear 4th hole, but I'm going to drill the front 4th hole before I race again. From what people are saying, it only gives up a little bit of steering (again, a good thing in my opinion) but it makes the front end a lot more predictable and makes for more consistent lap times.

And I highly recommend the big bore spring conversion! It's a very noticeable mod for sure. Pick up a front/rear BB spring kit from AE (the medium kit for front, and soft kit for rear is a great start) and then pick up some AE BB lower spring cups....then all you need is the traxxas upper collars (not sure on the part number, but it's all over these forums and the web in general) They make the v2's a really great shock setup. The BB's are a step up for sure, but v2's still get the job done!!
ok will pick up the bigbore kit and thanks for taking your time posting the links!so im waiting just for the kit to come in and ill test this buggy out on Saturday.
rceofyumasct is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:12 AM
  #787  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
TMS-99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here is my new SC10.2 Buggy (converted T4.2) with my SC10.2 Truck. Looking forward to trying this out on Tuesday night.

TMS-99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM
  #788  
reo
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 48
Default

What are the best front tires to put on the sc10b.The stock ones don't have much grip on hard damp clay.
reo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 PM
  #789  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Lopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

These. Barcodes trimmed down.
[IMG][/IMG]
Lopey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM
  #790  
Tech Master
iTrader: (60)
 
kmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: tri city mich
Posts: 1,684
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

hey guys, just ordered paddles for my sc10b, was wondering if anyone got the +3 proline offset wheels, and if this would be good for sand running? any pics would be awesome before I by and glue wheels.
kmas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:09 AM
  #791  
Tech Master
iTrader: (55)
 
kjohnsiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: auburn, wa
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Hey seabass, I am going to get rid of my sons rtr shocks and use a set of scte shocks like you did.
Did you have any spacing issues
Droop issues
I saw you are using the ae 1.6 pistons
what oil/springs are you using?

Thanks

Originally Posted by seabass17 View Post
Hey guys so I have this sc10b,mainly using it for bashing in the sand, I did a few mods listed below.Tried the stock RTR shocks,proline powerstrokes and lastly the scte shocks. All setups seem to work pretty similar in that the buggy seems to nosedive most of the time on the practice track. I wanted to swap the gear diff out for a ball diff.... I had a spare tranny for my b4.2 all ready to go and figured I would try it with a b4 wing mount and no rear cage/bodywork. After installing it I got carried away with the body scissors and trimmed out the body to sit level with the side top bar of the cage. basically lowered the side panels to look less bathtub like. Let me know what you think so far.






Scte RTR shocks with a/e 1.6 pistons
Turnbuckles and rpm cups
Castle 3800/sct combo
Xp1015 servo
Losi xxx sc wide hex's Rear for scte wheel offset
Swapped the front stub axles for RTR rear outer stubs for wider offset
Cva's and .5*alum hubs with B hub installed
kjohnsiii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:37 PM
  #792  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Default NEW OWNER

Hey all, 35 year old noob to the forum here, been into rc'c for 6+years now just picked up a sc10B rtr. Look forward to the forum Tips and tricks.
BEARS208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 AM
  #793  
Tech Master
iTrader: (60)
 
kmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: tri city mich
Posts: 1,684
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

here is a video of my sc10b, I love it on paddles and would recommmend them if you are anywhere near sand.

kmas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:42 AM
  #794  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Graveyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sand Running?

Hey how's that going? Running in the sand I mean...
I brought mine to Panama City Beach and took it to a local track. It was made from a redish clay sand. It was around 90 degrees in the sun but in one battery with a stock setup I hit 170 degrees or so. It started cutting out like the lipo was shot...and it pretty much was but I don't think I have seen temps like that on my buggy. I hope I haven't ruined my motor. Everything else still seems free.
Later
Graveyard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 AM
  #795  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
lala4fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Hey how's that going? Running in the sand I mean...
I brought mine to Panama City Beach and took it to a local track. It was made from a redish clay sand. It was around 90 degrees in the sun but in one battery with a stock setup I hit 170 degrees or so. It started cutting out like the lipo was shot...and it pretty much was but I don't think I have seen temps like that on my buggy. I hope I haven't ruined my motor. Everything else still seems free.
Later
170 is pretty warm but u should be ok, anything over 180 would be a concern.
lala4fire is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service