Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy >

Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy

Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy

Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Kit version .... Please!

Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Looking at the new front shock tower you can see it has the mounting points for the T4.1 body posts as well.

Not surprised if this is the new front end for the upcoming T4.2

And it looks like there's room to spare for some big bores as well........

Looks like this is a must have as soon as the kit version is out

Bent
+1 on a kit version. Ready to swap all of my SC10 hop-ups over to this.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hate to be the pessimist but is there any reason at all for this class? I'm sure Losi sales numbers for there version is low. Don't get me wrong I love my B4 and I get the need for Short Bus racing but SC buggy? Just don't see it ever taking off. This will be as popular as a SC10GT IMO
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post
I hate to be the pessimist but is there any reason at all for this class? I'm sure Losi sales numbers for there version is low. Don't get me wrong I love my B4 and I get the need for Short Bus racing but SC buggy? Just don't see it ever taking off. This will be as popular as a SC10GT IMO
Sadly, I think you are right. Here is why I want one though:

The local track (the next closest is 100 miles away, then 250+) is fit for 1/8 buggies, and 1/5 scales also race on it. It frequently gets a thick sandy top unless it is freshly watered. 1/10 buggies are just too small (mostly tire size) to be practical. If I want to race in a second class cheaply, my only option is SC Truck, but I like buggies, open wheel racing, and parachuting is a major problem on tracks with very large jumps.

When you spell it out, it kind of seems like Stadium Truck is the same class almost, but this has a bigger frame and scale appearance. So at best it is as popular as stadium truck racing.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sneako View Post
+1 on a kit version. Ready to swap all of my SC10 hop-ups over to this.
AE has the parts listed on da-web. Looks like if you buy from them, $125 to convert from the SC10 to SCB. So lets say <$100 including the body. Not bad.

My daughter wants one in the worst way and if it means not buying a new SC body every couple months, I'm all for it!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Legend

Wondering how one would look wear-n PINK.....
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

hmm ... Pink?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Devin View Post
Sadly, I think you are right. Here is why I want one though:

The local track (the next closest is 100 miles away, then 250+) is fit for 1/8 buggies, and 1/5 scales also race on it. It frequently gets a thick sandy top unless it is freshly watered. 1/10 buggies are just too small (mostly tire size) to be practical. If I want to race in a second class cheaply, my only option is SC Truck, but I like buggies, open wheel racing, and parachuting is a major problem on tracks with very large jumps.

When you spell it out, it kind of seems like Stadium Truck is the same class almost, but this has a bigger frame and scale appearance. So at best it is as popular as stadium truck racing.

I agree with all that was said here. I think they should allow SCB vs SCT in all events. The more we divide up the classes, the harder it is to get racers racing. Don't get me wrong, I love 1/10 buggy on indoor tracks. However, it just isn't practical to run on an unprepped outdoor track. 2wd SCT can handle both conditions well, but they are so light that the body limits the fun IMHO.

The full bodied trucks would be better for beginners as they wouldn't break arms and slide off of other more easily, lessening the chance of them getting tangled. More experienced drivers could take advantage of the more aerodynamic body. Is there really that much of a performance difference between the two that "he shouldn't be allowed to run an SCB in SCT" is really justifiable ... when really it is going to come down to the driver 95% of the time anyway.

Part of the reason the sport declines is because of too much rules and regulation.. ppl will always complain when they lose, regardless of class rules. If someone really felt they were at a disadvantage, no one is stopping them from buying a different body!

Sorry a bit off topic, but it is really just because I like this thing so much and I want to be able to race it!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

To be honest for vehicles that are similar in scale as well as weight, never understood why they couldn't be ran together and sorted electronically as far as class goes. Could at least do that for say heats, would speed up the day by having less overall heats since you combine the classes, then you can sort them out into specific classes for the mains.

Anyway, off topic, just always wondered.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
To be honest for vehicles that are similar in scale as well as weight, never understood why they couldn't be ran together and sorted electronically as far as class goes. Could at least do that for say heats, would speed up the day by having less overall heats since you combine the classes, then you can sort them out into specific classes for the mains.

Anyway, off topic, just always wondered.
LOL,

Our track does run them together this way. It's what lead me to jumping on a deal on a Losi SCB.

I think you need a more laid back track for it to work.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I preordered one this week and Im interested to see how the different front arms affect handling.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Devin View Post
LOL,

Our track does run them together this way. It's what lead me to jumping on a deal on a Losi SCB.

I think you need a more laid back track for it to work.
Yes, but it would be nice if ROAR adopted these rules. At the club level it is not going to matter, and this is where the sport really counts. More drivers equals a healthier sport and better competition. If you run something that is against roar rules and win, people will complain most likely.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Patiently waiting for replacement parts too show so I can convert my ft sc10.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I am gonna convert my t4, lol. I have tires
Old 10-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anyone have any idea when parts will be available from Associated??
Old 10-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

yes, I want parts. I have a truck waiting to be converted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service