Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread >

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Legend

Racer , UN4 has done great work here .

I have up most respect for his efforts thus far ...

Lets keep this thread informative & fun for all please ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 01-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You know what I need.....to play with my rc more! I never get enough track time, once or twice a month don't cut it.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Higher inner ball stud lowers roll center.

Lower inner ball stud raises roll center.

If your roll center is too high, lowering it adds traction.
If your roll center is too low, raising it adds traction.

Roll center tuning 101 right here. Try to not get stuck in generalization land.
That's what I said... in a way that's easier to understand than high/low roll center as that usually throws people off. I do understand roll center, I am an assistant in the AP roll center class.

You just gave the same generalization but more long winded. From my experience, what I stated holds true on high bite indoor clay or low traction outdoor. You said the same but in a more polished but confusing roll center explanation way.

Quote:
If they realized the error of their ways -- so can you. I have personally found less washers making the rear have way more grip at our track (that is my experience)
but at other tracks, more washers was better. (but you didn't say less grip, you said better. So could be better with less grip and that's what higher inner ball stud does for me. All seat of the pants.)

Carry on, nothing to see here

Last edited by fq06; 01-17-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
You know what I need.....to play with my rc more! I never get enough track time, once or twice a month don't cut it.
Off Topic.

Thats why I bought an RC Drift car.

My nearest track is over an hour away, but I have an entire underground parking garage of my apartment at my disposal.

Supposedly CS Drift cars are good for teaching throttle control and brake control.

We will see....
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Off Topic.

Thats why I bought an RC Drift car.

My nearest track is over an hour away, but I have an entire underground parking garage of my apartment at my disposal.

Supposedly CS Drift cars are good for teaching throttle control and brake control.

We will see....
That does sound pretty cool! My problenm for lack of stick time is 2 little ones. Some day...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Just ordered my FT B44.2 and had to overnight it from towerhobbies ($25). Get it tomarrow! Can't wait to finaly join you guys. I have a pile of parts and lots of info from you guys. Thank you
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
That's what I said... in a way that's easier to understand than high/low roll center as that usually throws people off. I do understand roll center, I am an assistant in the AP roll center class.

You just gave the same generalization but more long winded. From my experience, what I stated holds true on high bite indoor clay or low traction outdoor. You said the same but in a more polished but confusing roll center explanation way.
The reason I even pick this nit is because at our track, a higher than "team" roll center has more NET grip in 2wd cars, but a "lower than team" roll center has more NET grip on 4wds. These are my test results from a lot of different cars, not just my own. This is why I shy away from the generalization.

Now... you're gonna call bs, because if you are an ap in a rc class, then you know that I've reduced some grip at low speed in my 2wd. You're right, but overall, the rear grip is far better for this track because we have WAY more out of corner punch situations where we have trouble squaring up than we have slow infield corners, and the infield corners we have need rotation if anything. You will never find somebody wanting grip there in most cases--in most cases, they will say their car is pushing, so the less grip at that point is, if anything, a net gain.

Long winded? Yep. But it has the advantage of helping others understand what is really going on instead of scratching their heads when they lower their RC and then can't exit corners hard on power because their car loops out, but they thought it should have more grip.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yzlvr
I just started my kit last night also, it seems like the back of the pinion gear is rubbing on the gearbox. So I used a dremel to remove a little material and the pinion is clear now. Its much smoother now with 6 and 3 shims... The rest will break in..

To test it, put the drive shaft with pinion in the gearbox, w/o diff, and spin it. You can feel it rubbing..
This is normal. The kit manual even states to shave/trim the flashing off the back of the pinion drive gear.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Loving the 44.2

The B44.2 is amazing.

Two months of racing it and I love it. I practice with my B4 much more and save the 44 for race days to keep the tranny and sus fresh. No need to drive this into a wall trying to learn a new track layout.

Using box stock setup and only adjustments are made to the esc and rear wing.

Still using my 44.1 Finnisher(cut at the back with new rear hole) and no one can tell.

I have not tried the ballast in it, but that is my next step in quieting the car down for applying throttle.
Super tough. So far only a spring retainer has blown after diving into a stake holding a pipe down. Did not end my qual. Plus I was able to replace the front two with the next length up and adjust spring collar accordingly.

Only personal gripe is I still a want a composite tub like my b4 or those Lazers out there (...just a personal preference because I can't flow every triple!)

That does sound pretty cool! My problenm for lack of stick time is 2 little ones. Some day...
I've been using vrc for about a year now and it is fantastic. Their off road 4x4 truck is similar -enough- to a 4 wheel buggy to give you quality practice without the maintenance or travel costs.
Thumbs up for VRC

-Tommy
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommy911t
The B44.2 is amazing.
I have to agree. My B44 was awesome, but the 44.2 with big bores and long chassis is a plush smooth fast dream. Wow. The chassis really tamed the car down. I was quite impressed.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed the first post of the thread has no build tips. Any suggestions before I begin?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Razathorn
The reason I even pick this nit is because at our track, a higher than "team" roll center has more NET grip in 2wd cars, but a "lower than team" roll center has more NET grip on 4wds. These are my test results from a lot of different cars, not just my own. This is why I shy away from the generalization.

Now... you're gonna call bs, because if you are an ap in a rc class, then you know that I've reduced some grip at low speed in my 2wd. You're right, but overall, the rear grip is far better for this track because we have WAY more out of corner punch situations where we have trouble squaring up than we have slow infield corners, and the infield corners we have need rotation if anything. You will never find somebody wanting grip there in most cases--in most cases, they will say their car is pushing, so the less grip at that point is, if anything, a net gain.

Long winded? Yep. But it has the advantage of helping others understand what is really going on instead of scratching their heads when they lower their RC and then can't exit corners hard on power because their car loops out, but they thought it should have more grip.
Ahhhh... now I see your logic. I think the more/less traction, low/high RC (respectively) still holds true, but the last 2wd kit I had was a frog so I'm not on the same page as you. I guess I have tuned 4wd for so long the rules to me are absolute.

Point taken.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiRacing7607
Just ordered my FT B44.2 and had to overnight it from towerhobbies ($25). Get it tomarrow! Can't wait to finaly join you guys. I have a pile of parts and lots of info from you guys. Thank you
Welcome. I built mine about 6 weeks ago. I am totally addicted to tweaking and driving it.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnWinn
I noticed the first post of the thread has no build tips. Any suggestions before I begin?
Do not rush.

Dedicate your time and attention to the details.

Enjoy and savor.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnWinn
Take your time and watch those front C hubs...I put them on backwards the first time!

Last edited by Arigato; 01-17-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.