Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thebomber
Very tight. The bell crank arm rubbed against the front of the servo. If you notice in 3rd pic you can see I had to remove the spacer on the servo mount.

I didn't put a lot into the body since it's just going to be for practice. I'm going to get a Proline Bulldog custom painted for races.
i did sharpened a little of the servo and the steering arm to get it in place still with out spacers, just wanted to know if others also have that problem.

i thought that the Savox servo were standard in size..
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rigor
Finished my build! Went for the blacked out look. About to break in the diffs real well, and hopefully find some time today to head over to the track (West Coast Raceway).

clean and nice build, you just need black wheels

what that's on top of the servo?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dMITIj
i did sharpened a little of the servo and the steering arm to get it in place still with out spacers, just wanted to know if others also have that problem.

i thought that the Savox servo were standard in size..
I have a Savox 1258 in my build and I too had to not use the servo spacers. Was the same way on my 44.1 too.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

The giant Novak diode they are fond of. If I didn't care about running the wires off my ESC the way I did, I could have mounted the diode to the chassis between the servo and moved the ESC further towards the rear of the chassis, but didn't want to do that in the end.

Won't do black wheels; my older eyes actually prefer the bright green/yellow wheels to white

Last edited by rigor; 11-16-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Looks like it's a capacitor
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone ran hubs on the .2 on medium/high bite clay? Would it lock the rear in too much?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cantrell8
Has anyone ran hubs on the .2 on medium/high bite clay? Would it lock the rear in too much?
Going to assume you meant C hubs as opposed to the A and/or B hubs which are included with the kit. The C hubs make the rear rotate and square up more quickly, but you need high bite conditions or else your rear will be sliding out.

I have C hubs and access to a few high bite clay tracks in my area. I'm going to start with the A hubs, but I'm sure at some point I'll try the C's (used them at times on my 44.1). I'll post back on this.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I have a Savox 1258 in my build and I too had to not use the servo spacers. Was the same way on my 44.1 too.
same deal when i had it in my sc104x4
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cantrell8
Just remember youll need to add 2 washers under the ball stud with the c hubs on the 44
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Going to assume you meant C hubs as opposed to the A and/or B hubs which are included with the kit. The C hubs make the rear rotate and square up more quickly, but you need high bite conditions or else your rear will be sliding out.

I have C hubs and access to a few high bite clay tracks in my area. I'm going to start with the A hubs, but I'm sure at some point I'll try the C's (used them at times on my 44.1). I'll post back on this.
I thought the c hubs where for more rear grip on lose tracks?
Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

The giant Novak diode they are fond of. If I didn't care about running the wires off my ESC the way I did, I could have mounted the diode to the chassis between the servo and moved the ESC further towards the rear of the chassis, but didn't want to do that in the end.

Won't do black wheels; my older eyes actually prefer the bright green/yellow wheels to white
yeah it's the same Savox 1258 i got

okay thats one huge m.......

i really like the green/yellow wheels to, specially the old Losi color Adam drake run when the first Losi 8eight came out.

when i look at the AE site the yellow wheels looks like yellow and not like the bright yellow but i could be wrong? any one got a real pic of them yellow wheels?

Best Regards.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

would this screw kit be any good for 44.2?:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...teel-Screw-Kit
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

would this screw kit be any good for 44.2?:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...teel-Screw-Kit
Not only no, but hell no!! Nice and shiny, soft as butter.Very soft grade of stainless. bend easily.
These are excellent, but it says 44 not 44.2....not sure if its for all the lines of 44 or what. And they do ship internationally. Might want to contact them.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
Not only no, but hell no!! Nice and shiny, soft as butter.Very soft grade of stainless. bend easily.
These are excellent, but it says 44 not 44.2....not sure if its for all the lines of 44 or what. And they do ship internationally. Might want to contact them.
i think you forgot the link? ore?

Best Regards.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So i ran the b44.2 last night for the first time. First let me say i had the rango dex410v3 and it was nails. Drove nice and a solid car. After last night, AE hit it out of the park. Box set up with 35 weight frt and 27.5 rr. Car handled well but a little on the twitchy side. I added 75g weight between batteries and went 35 rr oil and what a difference. car is planted and on rails. with minimal changes to camber, tow, ride height and it just got better. However...ball cups are a little weak, gonna replace them with rpm and that should fix that.
Hats off to AE....great car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.