Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been racing my 44.2 for a couple weeks now. Have made a few changes and it keeps getting more consistent to drive and laptimes getting faster. It has been awesome.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is there a option caster block?
Would like to trade some entrance steering for a little better exit steering but it looks like the caster is the caster with the kit parts.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got my new lid for this weekend's Toys for Tots race:

Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hurricane Hannah!! Sweet!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
I've been racing my 44.2 for a couple weeks now. Have made a few changes and it keeps getting more consistent to drive and laptimes getting faster. It has been awesome.
I know everyone has to tune differently for their own tracks, but I'd be interested in hearing more about the process you went through, what you were tweaking, and where you ended up now as your best setup. Mind sharing?

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Guys... Why are you all doing shock clearance cut outs on your wings? There is no need to do so for the B44 platform.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Guys... Why are you all doing shock clearance cut outs on your wings? There is no need to do so for the B44 platform.
My wing came that way...It's from a TLR 22. The tlr wings seem to take more abuse before tearing.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I know everyone has to tune differently for their own tracks, but I'd be interested in hearing more about the process you went through, what you were tweaking, and where you ended up now as your best setup. Mind sharing?

Thanks,
Jesse
Been playing with the suspension set-up with and without the ballast weight. Best results are the AE recommended shock oil and pistons with AE blue front springs and Avid red rears.

So far, it's been running really good at WCRC.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamOSG
Been playing with the suspension set-up with and without the ballast weight. Best results are the AE recommended shock oil and pistons with AE blue front springs and Avid red rears.

So far, it's been running really good at WCRC.
Oh hey Terry, just realized it was your user name. This is Jesse H, we raced last Friday at WCRC.

It's funny you mention rear Red Avid springs. When I first got my big bore shocks on my B4.1 2wd, those felt best on the rear as well. I still have all my Avid springs, but haven't messed with them on the 44.2 yet cause the car seemed really good already, and I just wanted to get more consistent with it first.

Have you tried 32.5 oil rear ? I'm about to go over my whole car, and the next thing I wanted to try was 32.5 oil rear. I switched from the kit AE white springs to AE green rear, which is 1 step softer. This seemed to calm the rear down more, but I figured I'd go lighter on the oil to see if it matches the spring better.

What's your verdict on the ballast weight ? I kinda usually liked my 44.1 better w/o it. But adding maybe about 50g of weight instead could be a good balance.

I'll be back at WCRC Friday. We should link up.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh hey Terry, just realized it was your user name. This is Jesse H, we raced last Friday at WCRC.

It's funny you mention rear Red Avid springs. When I first got my big bore shocks on my B4.1 2wd, those felt best on the rear as well. I still have all my Avid springs, but haven't messed with them on the 44.2 yet cause the car seemed really good already, and I just wanted to get more consistent with it first.

Have you tried 32.5 oil rear ? I'm about to go over my whole car, and the next thing I wanted to try was 32.5 oil rear. I switched from the kit AE white springs to AE green rear, which is 1 step softer. This seemed to calm the rear down more, but I figured I'd go lighter on the oil to see if it matches the spring better.

What's your verdict on the ballast weight ? I kinda usually liked my 44.1 better w/o it. But adding maybe about 50g of weight instead could be a good balance.

I'll be back at WCRC Friday. We should link up.
So far I like it without the extra weight. I raced last Friday without it and it felt really good with fast lap times. Held the sweeper fine.

See you Friday.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks,
Jesse
I started with kit setup for the first 6 hour practice day. Next day was race day. Decided to try to lay down rear shocks one hole. To give it a little more side bite. Which it did. I also planned with tire combos. Ended up with Sweep tendroid ultra-soft rear and tendroid soft fronts. It had good turn in and good forward bite.
I felt the buggy bounced around to much with ae 35 oil. I changed the oil to losi 32.5 front and losi 30 rear. Keep everything else the same. Doing this the buggy didn't bounce around anymore. It would stay flat and square up for the jumps.
Next thing it seemed to do was late in the run brake loose on entry and on power. I decided to put .5 rear c-hubs on. I did that with the same tire combo as above. The buggy would die in the corner entry and exit. But would help drag it down it the corner faster. So I decided to go with Sweep tendroid soft fronts and tendroid extra-soft rears. That made a big difference. Lap times went from 21.3 to 20.8.
This week. I'm going to try standing the rear shocks back to center hole. Move the c-hubs back all the way. And us tendroids soft fronts and ultra-soft rears. To see how that works. I always go practice for 6 hours on Fridays and then race on Saturday.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

I forget... is the Losi oil thinner or thicker than AE oil ? I've been told by a few people that it's essentially 2.5 (thinner or thicker) than AE.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys.
I'm having a problem with the slipper once put into the car.

While out of the car I can slip the spur in the assembly by hand. But when i put the assembly in the car it gets bound up after pushing it down between the two mounts. I've done it with and without center shafts in place, and with and without the pinion.

I actually had the car running on the bench just fine. The drive train is smooth with the slipper in place and without but it's just that the slipper wont slip after being pushed in between the mounts.

I even took apart my b44 sitting next to it to look it over and went through it 3 times now but can't figure it out.
Any ideas?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

I forget... is the Losi oil thinner or thicker than AE oil ? I've been told by a few people that it's essentially 2.5 (thinner or thicker) than AE.
Everything I have read it is 2.5 thicker than AE.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Losi is thinner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.