Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread >

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Reply

Old 04-20-2014, 04:21 AM
  #7516  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

ok, rerbuild my diffs and break them in like un4racing his video.
much smoother under high pressure!!!
make also a miscalculation, the forse of the slipper is stonger than 1 diff, but when i block front en rear wheels the forse of the both diffs together is much stronger than the slipper, so i can tighten the slipper further.

correct me if i'm wrong
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:13 AM
  #7517  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (22)
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Svendc View Post
ok, rerbuild my diffs and break them in like un4racing his video.
much smoother under high pressure!!!
make also a miscalculation, the forse of the slipper is stonger than 1 diff, but when i block front en rear wheels the forse of the both diffs together is much stronger than the slipper, so i can tighten the slipper further.

correct me if i'm wrong
Sounds like you have it. About 4-6 inches of slip is a good starting point.
UN4RACING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:34 AM
  #7518  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (71)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,252
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys still looking for a way to calm this car down. It's pretty bad when my mid motor car has more traction and I'm able to turn faster lap times with it. I did take the rear sway bar off and it did help a little. But it's like the car turns in so hard it breaks the rear loose. I also turned the travel down on the throttle to 85 percent as well. Also moved the Ackerman on the j concepts rack to the front hole. Car is all stock setup. Any help Is appreciated
tony montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 AM
  #7519  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Hey guys still looking for a way to calm this car down. It's pretty bad when my mid motor car has more traction and I'm able to turn faster lap times with it. I did take the rear sway bar off and it did help a little. But it's like the car turns in so hard it breaks the rear loose. I also turned the travel down on the throttle to 85 percent as well. Also moved the Ackerman on the j concepts rack to the front hole. Car is all stock setup. Any help Is appreciated
on the tracks i run, i had mostly the opposite.

try 30wt of 27.5wt and green or even black rear springs.
front diff little more tight
and loosen the rear diff 1/8 to 1/4 from tight, like un4racings video clip.

weight!!! try 40 to 87grams of balast between the saddles.

you van also experiment with the front camberlinks in 1e hole insteat of the 2e, it wil calm also the steering down.

check also ride height 1mm in front higher in your case.

and most of all the right fresh tires

good luck

Sven
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 AM
  #7520  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (71)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,252
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Tires were brand new and the correct tire for the track.
tony montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 AM
  #7521  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
gogi108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: brisbane
Posts: 607
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Hey guys still looking for a way to calm this car down. It's pretty bad when my mid motor car has more traction and I'm able to turn faster lap times with it. I did take the rear sway bar off and it did help a little. But it's like the car turns in so hard it breaks the rear loose. I also turned the travel down on the throttle to 85 percent as well. Also moved the Ackerman on the j concepts rack to the front hole. Car is all stock setup. Any help Is appreciated
Keep travel at full lock , I personally play with expo just to dumb down initial steering input , makes more forgiving . Perhaps diff settings are incorrect easy one to play with at the track
gogi108 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 AM
  #7522  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Sounds like you have it. About 4-6 inches of slip is a good starting point.
tkx for all your video posts, it makes the difference
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:39 AM
  #7523  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (71)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,252
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Would the avid chassis help or hurt my situation. I forgot but I'm also running the stock chassis but with the big weight between the saddles. Maybe the extra weight is causing the rear to swing it around?
tony montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:52 AM
  #7524  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (22)
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Would the avid chassis help or hurt my situation. I forgot but I'm also running the stock chassis but with the big weight between the saddles. Maybe the extra weight is causing the rear to swing it around?
The Avid will plant the kit more on all four corners. Much better weight placement options. Try moving the front inner camber link to the inner hole on the top deck. If that isn't enough to calm it down add a shim in the front shock and move the front lower shock eyelets inward.
Work on the front. You can try a stiffer front spring first. Red is a good option.
UN4RACING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 AM
  #7525  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (22)
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Svendc View Post
tkx for all your video posts, it makes the difference
Thanks and your welcome.
UN4RACING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 AM
  #7526  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 491
Default

My bro just built a new 44.2 and we are having a steering binding issue I cannot figure out.

here is a quick video of the issue. any help is greatly appreciated! Hoping a missed something dumb/easy.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
iThinman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 AM
  #7527  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (71)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,252
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

OK thanks will try the avid chassis
tony montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:45 AM
  #7528  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

When Hartson was here last week end had the chance to check out his ride very carefully.
It sported ball diff's & a proto type heavy duty CVA coupling for the rear drive shaft.
Wild Cherry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:29 PM
  #7529  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
When Hartson was here last week end had the chance to check out his ride very carefully.
It sported ball diff's & a proto type heavy duty CVA coupling for the rear drive shaft.
sounds... all new wheeler lol
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:50 PM
  #7530  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
When Hartson was here last week end had the chance to check out his ride very carefully.
It sported ball diff's & a proto type heavy duty CVA coupling for the rear drive shaft.
Was it metal or the lighter beige plastic they use in the diff gear? They used a heavy duty couplings at the Worlds that resembled the beige plastic.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service