Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help i've had enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help i've had enough

I was racing today all was going well until finals. had my sc10 on the track racing but when i went off throttle the breaks were coming on? i Had no idea how to stop it. My controller is dx2s, esc hobbywing 120a. it was also playing up on my losi it would take ages for the rx8 to boot up and would only work if it was turned on last. whats wrong????
Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

I would start by checking radio settings and then calibrate ESC/ radio.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

what radio settings should i try?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hotbodiesd4
i would re-zero or put the radio settings back to default (trims, epa's, etc) Re-setup esc and and then see how it is....
Old 09-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Drag brake??

Last edited by lbenton; 09-24-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Zero out the controller then bind it to the reciever again. Then set up the speedo from there.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

just tryed another radio and its fine. so must be controler settings???
Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

just tryed another radio and its fine. so must be controler settings???
more than likely then, i would do what crash said above and see if it cures the problem....
Old 09-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've had enough too.

Break is what all you no talent, incorrect word using hacks do to your cars every time you put them on the track.

Brake is what is suppose to happen to your car if you push the throttle trigger forward passed neutral. I know weird, the trigger on your transmitter has positions other than neutral and full throttle.

As for the o.p. If resetting everything on your radio doesn't fix the problem, try another model memory (if that transmitter even has another model memory). I have, on many occasions, witnessed weird issues with Spektrum radios which otherwise could not be resolved, fixed by switch model memories and reprogramming all the settings. Spektrum radios are okay for the price, but there is a reason you don't see non Spektrum sponsored pros using their products very often.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
I've had enough too.

Break is what all you no talent, incorrect word using hacks do to your cars every time you put them on the track.

Brake is what is suppose to happen to your car if you push the throttle trigger forward passed neutral. I know weird, the trigger on your transmitter has positions other than neutral and full throttle.
Didn`t know we were in english class PROFESSOR .

Your calling people hacks ? Your hacking this thread so what does that make you ? Go back to bed grumpy .

Strange that this happened while you were running though .
Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Try to recalibrate the throttle on your radio. Also if you have a program car for your esc you might wanna recalibrate your esc.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
I've had enough too.

As for the o.p. If resetting everything on your radio doesn't fix the problem, try another model memory (if that transmitter even has another model memory). I have, on many occasions, witnessed weird issues with Spektrum radios which otherwise could not be resolved, fixed by switch model memories and reprogramming all the settings. Spektrum radios are okay for the price, but there is a reason you don't see non Spektrum sponsored pros using their products very often.
Look who's talking. We are here to give advice and talk about RC not fix YOU'RE personal issues. If you don't like it you can just go away.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M03Racer
Look who's talking. We are here to give advice and talk about RC not fix YOU'RE personal issues. If you don't like it you can just go away.
Man it's off topic as can be, but you have just illustrated his point- what you meant to say was "your" (showing ownership), not "you're" (you are, as in being). To be honest, it bothers me as well. Not that people should be expected to be perfect, but simple usage of the English language is among the most basic things we are taught in grade school. The fact that a huge percentage of people on here (and elsewhere for that matter) absolutely fail to recognize proper usage is, well, disappointing to say the least.

Back to the OP- it sounds like if radio settings do not cure your issue, then you need to dial out some drag brake. If you're unsure of how to do this, the best bet is to hit the local track or hobby shop and see if someone can walk you through it. It's not difficult, but can be intimidating if you've never done it and is not easily something you can walk through over the forum.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Gidday, its not drag break as have turned it all off. tried to re calibrate to tekin esc but wasn't picking it up in neutral position (just kept flashing) do you think it would be a faulty controller? bought it through amain so would i contact them or spektrum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.