R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Lipo Battery Question:: (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/662021-lipo-battery-question.html)

hojov 09-14-2012 10:45 AM

Lipo Battery Question::

I just got my first Lipos to use with a Traxxas VXL Rustler, new to sport and we should of bought a Slash or Losi but we have the Rustler... I ordered a new lipo on line and in speaking with them we ended up getting a :

Vant Battery 7.4V 5200mAh 2S Cell 50C-100C HardCase LiPo Battery Pack w/ Traxxas High Current Connector

Has anyone ever used or heard of this battery, I'm sure its OK but I'm a little nervous because I don't see it anywhere except the vendor I purchased from. The on line co seems like a good outfit.

So if anyone knows about this battery please post it , thanks. Just a bit nervous... I bought a bag for them and also I have a onyx 235 ..

Thank you for helping.

fq06 09-14-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by hojov (Post 11210527)
I just got my first Lipos to use with a Traxxas VXL Rustler, new to sport and we should of bought a Slash or Losi but we have the Rustler... I ordered a new lipo on line and in speaking with them we ended up getting a :

Vant Battery 7.4V 5200mAh 2S Cell 50C-100C HardCase LiPo Battery Pack w/ Traxxas High Current Connector

Has anyone ever used or heard of this battery, I'm sure its OK but I'm a little nervous because I don't see it anywhere except the vendor I purchased from. The on line co seems like a good outfit.

So if anyone knows about this battery please post it , thanks. Just a bit nervous... I bought a bag for them and also I have a onyx 235 ..

Thank you for helping.

Never heard of it, but looks like a decent lipo for the price. Time will tell for durability.

Don't charge at more than 2c or 10.4 amps.
You do have a lipo charger right? Just checking.

Moogumby 09-14-2012 12:07 PM

for the price you cant beat it.. just make sure when you charge it follow the directions of your charger as well as any included with the battery .. you may not be able to charge it at 2c like the above post mentioned but like i said read the manuals and use the charge bag when charging and you should be ok .

jason151 09-14-2012 12:54 PM

Lipos are ALL made by the same 3 or 4 manufacturers. If you think buying a name brand is any garauntee of getting a superior pack, you're sorely mistaken. The only advantage is to the very best drivers sponsored by large resellers (they don't MAKE them) who can order in very large quantity and pull the best performing packs for their drivers. If you're asking this question, you're not a team driver. Buy for price. Period.

Go online and look very closely at the different companies batteries. Same EXACT dimensions, same EXACT locations for the +,- stamp, same EXACT location for the balance port plug, same EXACT everything with the exception sometimes of case color or pattern..... don't kid yourself into thinking that's just a coincidence. Save yourself some cash and buy the best deal you can find...they're all the same anyway.

shagnat 09-15-2012 12:32 AM

Wow! I hate to disagree, but, all batteries are NOT the same. I agree there are only a few companies in China and Taiwan that make batteries, but, some are definitely better than others and it's more than "luck of the draw" so to speak.

JoeyBones 05-23-2014 06:41 PM

Greetings to all, I am New to the RC World, I Have Purchase The Traxxas Summit 1/10, I was wondering if I use these Vant Lipo Batteries the 8000 mah 7.4V would this kill the ESC?
I am using 2 Onyx 5000MAh 7.4V...

swolern 05-24-2014 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyBones (Post 13285243)
Greetings to all, I am New to the RC World, I Have Purchase The Traxxas Summit 1/10, I was wondering if I use these Vant Lipo Batteries the 8000 mah 7.4V would this kill the ESC?
I am using 2 Onyx 5000MAh 7.4V...

Mah is the run time.